Last Epoch

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea the Market thing sucks. I'm almost to level 6 now but need level 8 to actually buy stuff with LP to be able to improve my build. I think it's a bit too long to advance the Tiers right now.

So at the moment I can only target grind Monoliths and hope I get a Uniqie with LP drop and then have it luck out and actually transfer an experimental Affix. Would rather just spend gold and get it right now.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Couple things. Sentinel.

Ya. The black guy sucks.

The Paladin, Void Knight and Forge Guard. Have reached 80+ on all three now. None of them three play smooth no matter what I try and build. Always a gap in the play making it feel a little janky.

The Paladin and and a Rive build is the smoothest and easiest to play/build. I HATE Forge Guard. Void Knight is OK.

THE FUCKIN MARKET PLACE SUCKS ASS!

None of my characters are over tier 6 trade at 80+. Everything I need/want is tier 9. Is there a quick way to raise your rep?

I have a TON of cold gear. What class is the best for cold builds?
VK Spin to Win with perma Anomaly is pretty smooth.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Couple things. Sentinel.

Ya. The black guy sucks.

The Paladin, Void Knight and Forge Guard. Have reached 80+ on all three now. None of them three play smooth no matter what I try and build. Always a gap in the play making it feel a little janky.

The Paladin and and a Rive build is the smoothest and easiest to play/build. I HATE Forge Guard. Void Knight is OK.

None of my characters are over tier 6 trade at 80+. Everything I need/want is tier 9. Is there a quick way to raise your rep?

Shaman followed by sorc are the ones I’ve seen the most cold builds from.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Couple things. Sentinel.

Ya. The black guy sucks.

Carn from PoE has a smite healing hands paladin and he's wrecking shit with it. He has tons of ward making him almost unkillable. The sentinel is okay but my main complaint is the lack of a good movement skill. Lunge requires a target to work (unless you get the unique helm that removes the target requirement) and I hate it just like shield charge in PoE.

• 1Mother of God

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Carn from PoE has a smite healing hands paladin and he's wrecking shit with it. He has tons of ward making him almost unkillable. The sentinel is okay but my main complaint is the lack of a good movement skill. Lunge requires a target to work (unless you get the unique helm that removes the target requirement) and I hate it just like shield charge in PoE.

Think I may give this a shot.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's a few paladin builds that are pretty broken, healing hands stuff(I think there's a few variations) and Smite stuff. Also spinny hammers. The first couple have builds hititng 30k+ ward without the warlock bullshit, while doing pretty good damage.

I really liked Erasing Strike build for Void Knight but it has massive mana issues and I couldn't find a good way to fix them without crazy gear and even then it's fucking weird, wish they had a better way to deal with this stuff on that class but without it it's tedious, you either drop like half your damage from not using Abyssal Echoes autocast on Cleave or you need like 400-450mana and rely on the shitty Void Essence mech.

Playing Swarmblade Druid atm I quite like it, I just wish it wasn't bugged with the effect or swarm becoming permanent if you leave a map with it on, and then it stacks until it lags the fuck out of the client and you have to reboot. I just organize my inventory at the end of maps but it feels like shit, maybe empowered monos won't have the issue though.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I was purposely avoiding the ward stuff because I realized it's likely to get nerfed and I didn't want to push 1200+ corruption due entirely to a defensive mechanic likely to get neutered and then have subsequent cycles feel bad because 600ish corruption is the new norm.

• 1Solidarity

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
My Cap America just hit 80 and has been pretty smooth so far. Will see how things go as i do more content.

Caliane

yeah, no one has anything nice to say about the market.

as to the sentinel itself. no idea. haven't played one.

The game does have some balance issues with that. like, the obvious, when everyone says, falcon is totally busted. they mean falcon is totally busted. trying to compare any build to it, isn't going to be favorable.

But even outside that there are blatant winners and losers in skills. look at rogue. you see anyone talking about acid flask? shurikens? normal, chakram, or shield? flurry, caltrops, puncture, etc? even lethal mirage or dancing strikes which are ok.. no, its all shadow daggers and shadow cascade. even one of the strongest falcon builds is just stacking shadow daggers.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea the Market thing sucks. I'm almost to level 6 now but need level 8 to actually buy stuff with LP to be able to improve my build. I think it's a bit too long to advance the Tiers right now.

So at the moment I can only target grind Monoliths and hope I get a Uniqie with LP drop and then have it luck out and actually transfer an experimental Affix. Would rather just spend gold and get it right now.
Trade is garbage just as everyone predicted. It's all about getting to rank 10 CoF, which you do by pushing corruption and farming xp book nodes. After that you continue to push even more corruption until your build begins to struggle or just take too long, while still making a beeline to every xp book you see. The other nodes/rewards are almost entirely irrelevant.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
My main is a Cold Avalanche Shaman, but I just rolled up a Forge Guard. Got him to almost 30 and he is just mulching things. This may be the twink with a bunch of Uniques effect, but the swarm of flaming swords and axes plus Multistrike and Ward on Hit feels great. I am sure this will fall off at some point, but right now it feels great. Started off slow but once I got the items on him he is pretty speedy and puts out serious damage a lot earlier than my Shaman did.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

I think the biggest issue is that you can get so many "more damage" multipliers, flat damage gets insane. And then you just stack ward as your main defensive layer.

Ridiculous scaling is too easy to achieve. Warlocks being able to scale damage with suffixes as well as the actual damage scaling prefixes and then being able to generate 200k+ ward on a short cooldown is, silly. You add the 200+ flat damage you get from the self ignite belt and you get people pushing 2k+ corruption solo, or wave 1500+ arena.

Trying to play anything else after that is gonna feel bad. Falconer is strong but warlock is actually broken, and it's main damage skill snapshots and lines up with profane veil duration and cd for ward generation

Vorph

My main is a Cold Avalanche Shaman, but I just rolled up a Forge Guard. Got him to almost 30 and he is just mulching things. This may be the twink with a bunch of Uniques effect, but the swarm of flaming swords and axes plus Multistrike and Ward on Hit feels great. I am sure this will fall off at some point, but right now it feels great. Started off slow but once I got the items on him he is pretty speedy and puts out serious damage a lot earlier than my Shaman did.
Geared out Forge Guard is a really strong bosskiller, but too slow to do much of anything else. Pet builds that revolve around you targeting the pet with skills get pretty annoying after a while too, imo.

Trying to play anything else after that is gonna feel bad. Falconer is strong but warlock is actually broken, and it's main damage skill snapshots and lines up with profane veil duration and cd for ward generation
Warlock is broken due to bugged ward generation that makes it immortal. Falconer (shadow daggers) is broken due to bugs that make it kill everything so fast that defense is basically irrelevant. Both of these things will likely get fixed soon.

Solution is to play the broken falconer build now, using it to farm up the gear for a dive bomb build which does almost as much damage (T4 Julra still dies in a few seconds) and clears echoes just as fast, but all of that is from raw damage numbers and none of the bugs that shadow daggers takes advantage of. So it will likely survive whatever nerfs get thrown at it because EHG have said they don't intend to make sweeping balance changes in the middle of a cycle, just bugfixes.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Avoiding the ward thing. There is zero chance that doesn't get nerfed.

Never liked the constant stop/go that comes with playing with hammers.

Outside of healing hand triggering off Rive, it's just a PITA reapplying shit all the time.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I was purposely avoiding the ward stuff because I realized it's likely to get nerfed and I didn't want to push 1200+ corruption due entirely to a defensive mechanic likely to get neutered and then have subsequent cycles feel bad because 600ish corruption is the new norm.
I think you should be safe. I seriously doubt they will do any balancing changes during the middle of the cycle. That would piss off so many players. But if they do, it will most likely be falconers and warlocks since they are broken.

Khane

Where would you say they go from here? Release 1.0 numbers on items being multiple hundreds of %s. They've kind of backed themselves into a corner very early in the games life.

It doesn't really matter if they don't nerf mid cycle because the next cycle will feel terrible. Since monoliths don't actually have an upper limit or diminishing returns you can push, theoretically, much much higher than you will be able to in following cycles. Most games have hard caps on content pushing and reward distribution, so playing a bugged build doesn't have the same future problem this one does.

Tide27

Couple things. Sentinel.

Ya. The black guy sucks.

RE: The black guy -

I never.played forge guard, so have no experience there.

3 builds that I did enjoy was the VK Autobomber, Smith Hammerdin, and the Holy Javelin trail build or whatever.

All 3 if those were solid pre 1.0, haven't played any of them post 1.0.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well warlock ward generation is outright a bug from what I read, so that could get nerfed mid cycle pretty easily. It's supposedly absorbing 40% of minion life instead of 4% like it states.
Where would you say they go from here? Release 1.0 numbers on items being multiple hundreds of %s. They've kind of backed themselves into a corner very early in the games life.

It doesn't really matter if they don't nerf mid cycle because the next cycle will feel terrible. Since monoliths don't actually have an upper limit or diminishing returns you can push, theoretically, much much higher than you will be able to in following cycles. Most games have hard caps on content pushing and reward distribution, so playing a bugged build doesn't have the same future problem this one does.
You don't have to go higher, at least not by large amounts, and it can be done via separate new systems(paragon like shit and what not). As for nerfing the broken shit, I don't think anyone will care? There's functionally no difference between corruption 100 and corruption 800. People will just stop earlier once they fix the broken builds, just like people who don't play said builds do right now. Anyone with a brain can see some classes just are clearing way higher than they should and wouldn't be surprised once they can't do it later on. Everyone else being an idiot makes their opinion irrelevant. Granted the way they balance it wouldn't be super surprising if one of the class they rework for 1.1 end up being broken too.

• 1Like

Khane

Well, there is a pretty stark difference between corruption 100 and 800 in experience gain, favor gain, and loot drops. That's why it would feel bad playing a bugged build that can push much higher than otherwise.