Last Epoch

Chainsaw

<Bronze Donator>
Just picked my first Mastery.

This game is about a bajillion times better than D4.

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Caliane

Question about the Allie falconer build: Why take Shadow Hunter in smoke bomb when the build uses a dagger? It specifies bow attacks. Also, based on bug reports on the official forums, the crit part of the node doesn't even work at all.
some of its theoretical, unclear how much actual testing she does.

the node gives added 10% bow crit chance. doesn't say you need to be using a bow. just says it only adds it to bow attacks.

go for the eyes in falconry.
A portion of the highest of your global melee crit chance, throwing crit chance, and bow crit chance now apply to your falcon.
Highest added crit chance --> falcon crit chance 75%

the falcon doesn't care you aren't using bow. you should still be getting the bow crit, and just not using it. presumably she did at least open up character menu and see it listed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Map opacity setting, keeps resseting to 20% or so at random no matter what?

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also, based on bug reports on the official forums, the crit part of the node doesn't even work at all.
To add to what Caliane Caliane said, I believe this is a display bug. I'm using the dive bomb build in the video I linked above now, but I have never seen minion crit stats display properly before or after I switched from shadow daggers. IIRC it still shows something like 7% on my character sheet, but my falcon definitely crits 100% of the time. All numbers are yellow at both the test dummies and running echoes. So yeah, that bow crit node is a good one for the shadow daggers build.

If your falcon throws umbral blades for you, does it use the falcon's stats instead of yours?
No, the shadow daggers part of the build is based on player stats.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Falcon build was a bit slow at first but once you get like 7-9 points into Umbral Blades it got easier.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
This falcon build is hilarious compared to my hammerdin, i think i was getting 20k+ crits at level 35 with dive bomb
Super fast though i ended up getting half way through to unlocking empowered monoliths pretty quickly on the character yesterday, i'll stick with this until it gets nerfed

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
God damn I get so much gear now that I don't even care about exalted. I was saving them all and have 5 tabs of exalted in stash. Now they are added to the loot filter as I dint want to see them anymore.

Vorph

God damn I get so much gear now that I don't even care about exalted. I was saving them all and have 5 tabs of exalted in stash. Now they are added to the loot filter as I dint want to see them anymore.
Yeah, you definitely need to make a filter that only shows exalts with T6-7 affixes you want to use. Early on you can also show ones with 3 useful affixes too, since it's essentially a perfect rare with high forging potential. Same goes for finding the correct base, sometimes that with T5 affixes is better than the wrong base with a T6 you need.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This falcon build is hilarious compared to my hammerdin, i think i was getting 20k+ crits at level 35 with dive bomb
Super fast though i ended up getting half way through to unlocking empowered monoliths pretty quickly on the character yesterday, i'll stick with this until it gets nerfed
It is a bit ridiculous how (better?)different the rogue plays compared to the sentinel. It almost feels like the rogue was designed under a different design philosophy. There's quite a few passives that require multiple points to get full effect. Probably not a big difference, but conveys a more polished state on the surface.

The sentinel's advantage in sustain isn't beneficial for a long while. Until then, it's just a slower, shittier class.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
To add to what Caliane Caliane said, I believe this is a display bug. I'm using the dive bomb build in the video I linked above now, but I have never seen minion crit stats display properly before or after I switched from shadow daggers. IIRC it still shows something like 7% on my character sheet, but my falcon definitely crits 100% of the time. All numbers are yellow at both the test dummies and running echoes. So yeah, that bow crit node is a good one for the shadow daggers build.

No, the shadow daggers part of the build is based on player stats.
But the Umbral Blades itself is the falcons? I'm trying to theorize if it's possible to clear with Falcon Strike and its cooldown resetting node that makes the mana cost 70.

The only downside, so far, to rogue is the many cooldowns make it difficult to get into a clearing rhythm. I want Aerial Strike and something else up reliably so that I can rotate through them while clearing.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
But the Umbral Blades itself is the falcons? I'm trying to theorize if it's possible to clear with Falcon Strike and its cooldown resetting node that makes the mana cost 70.

The only downside, so far, to rogue is the many cooldowns make it difficult to get into a clearing rhythm. I want Aerial Strike and something else up reliably so that I can rotate through them while clearing.
Gotta get that CDR

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The effects from mob cast has exceptionally trash. Emperor of Corpses was hella trash because shit on ground wasnt visible. Not sure if there is a special set of options to get them to render properly.

Vorph

I don't think so, because the umbral blades have been converted into bladestorms (which do a fairly trivial amount of damage btw).

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah I think its opal rings that can have -10% cdr.

I tried doing a necro but did not like it as I got into monoliths so starting up a marksman now.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I dunno if it's still viable but in 0.8 I did a Marksman that used Reign of Winter bow with Mourningfrost boots and Multishot with dex stacking, was a Lotta fun

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm getting nowhere fast in this game. Not sure what is going on. I play these types of games often.