Last Epoch

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Havent tried the game a lot on Steam Deck yet but the other day when I played it crashed the whole Deck after a while. Also had trouble changing the button keybinds for the skills, they just showed like QWER in options.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It was the order, easy fix. I wish they saved filters to the cloud, paun in the ass making or copying them on steam deck.

Got a link for that warlock build? Is it a heavy APM build? Saw multiple people mention it in the thread since launch...
Haven't played anything but falconer since 1.0. but this guy's builds are always good:

All the builds are basically some variant of Profane Veil + Bone Curse for infinite ward and Chthonic Fissure for dps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Havent tried the game a lot on Steam Deck yet but the other day when I played it crashed the whole Deck after a while. Also had trouble changing the button keybinds for the skills, they just showed like QWER in options.
Strange, haven't had any issues save 1 freeze/crash right when the game first launched 1.0. I play a lotn on Deck, too. Low graphical settings. Never had a problem showing controller keybinds automatically.

Any button changes you have to do through the Deck controls scheme and not in-game.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, since the unkillable falconer build is getting hotfixed probably today or tomorrow, that leaves the unkillable warlock build which isn't getting nerfed until the next cycle. Pretty much anything that can generate a shitload of ward can break the game.
Just saw a new Falconer Ballista build that appears to work without all the gimics currently being noticed. I like its defense and all pet idea. Allows me to focus on me while letting the pets do a lot of the damage.

Also,
Not a fan of picking a Chest Armor Prophecy and getting shields. Trying to farm the Ballista chestpiece.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The explosive ballista build is my favorite of them all, dead simple to play with great screen clear

• 1Like

Aazrael

The crafting in this game really works for Non-Autistic people like me. Wish I had the OP Higher Brain functions of pro-PoE nerds but I'm just not there.

Find a decent base and improve it easy and also able to gamba to exhange an affix to something more fitting. Made a bunch of upgrades today by rerolling a nice base and adding the Affix I was looking for.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just know, if you play that Warlock build you may be setting yourself up for boredom in future cycles.

People are pushing to 2200+ corruption with relative ease with that build. And the general consensus is EHG never intended solo gameplay to get even close to those levels.

Caeden

I’m playing a spin to win. I did lazily copy most of my skill load out. But I’m enjoying how casual the crafting is at base level but there is depth and planning. Just not PoE level with affix blocking and shit. I’m really not too deep into endgame. Busy as fuck always.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The crafting in this game really works for Non-Autistic people like me. Wish I had the OP Higher Brain functions of pro-PoE nerds but I'm just not there.

Find a decent base and improve it easy and also able to gamba to exhange an affix to something more fitting. Made a bunch of upgrades today by rerolling a nice base and adding the Affix I was looking for.
PoE crafting isn't actually that complex. The majority of them involve factured bases, essence spamming, locking prefix or suffix, benchcraft block, then finish with an aisling slam.

The reason people prefer to not participate is because of the amount of expensive RNG and market interaction involved. An analogue would be 6-linking an item. Imagine if fusings were rarer such that it wasn't reasonable to acccumulate hundreds to thousands over a league.

• 1Hodjing

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I need a video that shows in detail how these people craft these BiS items. I havent upgraded a piece of gear in a week, and that isnt because mine is top tier... I dont understand how people get as good of items as they do. I have a loot filter set up for pieces that would benefit me... They just dont ever fucking drop. I dont understand....

Aazrael

PoE crafting isn't actually that complex. The majority of them involve factured bases, essence spamming, locking prefix or suffix, benchcraft block, then finish with an aisling slam.

The reason people prefer to not participate is because of the amount of expensive RNG and market interaction involved. An analogue would be 6-linking an item. Imagine if fusings were rarer such that it wasn't reasonable to acccumulate hundreds to thousands over a league.
It takes a lot of currency though in PoE. Last Epochs crafting feels easier to get into and being able to craft some nice stuff.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It takes a lot of currency though in PoE. Last Epochs crafting feels easier to get into and being able to craft some nice stuff.
I would still posit that lots of currency doesn't mean complex.

However, cost is a valid reason not to participate. Many of my characters, I don't go right to that crafting method. A cheaper "craft" is to buy a fractured base off the market and a stack of essences. Spam it until you get life or res, craft on the one you're missing. If you aren't playing in the crazy current league, that's maybe 50c tops.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I need a video that shows in detail how these people craft these BiS items. I havent upgraded a piece of gear in a week, and that isnt because mine is top tier... I dont understand how people get as good of items as they do. I have a loot filter set up for pieces that would benefit me... They just dont ever fucking drop. I dont understand....
Glyph of Despair, and Rune of Research can be helpful. You just want an exalted item with a good stat, then seal away a lesser, but good stat, and then add a prefix or suffix of what you need. What you need depends on if you want to use this exalted as gear or as fodder to add one or more stats onto an unique.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just know, if you play that Warlock build you may be setting yourself up for boredom in future cycles.

People are pushing to 2200+ corruption with relative ease with that build. And the general consensus is EHG never intended solo gameplay to get even close to those levels.
The number of people pushing 2200 can be counted on one hand basically.

The guy that is doing it for the most part also had gear funneled to him from others to help facilitate his end game gearing.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The number of people pushing 2200 can be counted on one hand basically.

The guy that is doing it for the most part also had gear funneled to him from others to help facilitate his end game gearing.

Uhh, no. That Warlock build requires very little gear. The belt and gloves even with no LP take care of all your damage, and about 3 pieces of minion health gear take care of your ward.

I dont know what "guy" your talking about but several streamers did it from zero to hero as CoF on stream.

Fubgun literally did the entire build on his stream from creating the character to that point, solo, with no issue

I don't think you understand how much ward you can generate even with no gear and how much damage you can generate with just the belt and gloves. Maybe investigate before saying stupid shit

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Ya. They should fix that.

aaa.jpg

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Silly question. Once you get the 15/15 Passives, and the 8/8 Idol slots. Is there a reason to even bother with the MSQ?

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Silly question. Once you get the 15/15 Passives, and the 8/8 Idol slots. Is there a reason to even bother with the MSQ?
If you care about getting +1 to all attributes. I don’t think I ever finished the MSQ once I got all my passives and idols. Once I got them I go straight to monos.

• 1Like

Caeden

I had wondered that. I did it anyway since it was semi-new for the last act for me.

The old school purist of me wants the last two passives tied to final quest of acts. But then I remember how bad it sucked re-running PoE’s acts each league.

So don’t flame me.