Last Epoch

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I mean they said the game should play slower than PoE.
Slower is fine. I want to say there are ways of accomplishing that while avoid the downside of excessive walking between packs. I stopped playing my Healing Hands - Divine Bolt Paladin because the Divine Bolts were killing all my Lunge targets

Also, lower cooldown traversal skills allows for varied combat. There are some boss abilities that I currently just eat with excessive ward that I'm not sure I could otherwise move out of in time. I'd probably have to spec into shield rush or healing hands, both which would feel bad if your build isn't already specced into those abilities.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sometimes trying to farm for a unique gets a bit much. Its one thing to farm for the Legendary status on a unique, but when a particular BP never fucking drops for me to even try a build, its annoying. I want to try out the new Ballista build but the Flesh BP will not fucking drop. I have collected 16 different Unique BP's with many having been upgraded over this time. This BP should not be that rare.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Sometimes trying to farm for a unique gets a bit much. Its one thing to farm for the Legendary status on a unique, but when a particular BP never fucking drops for me to even try a build, its annoying. I want to try out the new Ballista build but the Flesh BP will not fucking drop. I have collected 16 different Unique BP's with many having been upgraded over this time. This BP should not be that rare.

Woven Flesh? That's a boss drop. Check LastEpochTools.com for where things drop

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Up to level 90 on my Falconer now and hitting the stage where I am farming bigger numbers on items and that is when I get bored. The game is really good and will probably try the other classes later.

It's the same with PoE and D4. But to be fair I usally quit PoE before I can kill the all the Pinnacle bosses due to being pissed off when I get one shotted by trash mobs. So in that regard PoE have much more content that needs farming to be able to conquer.

D4 and LP don't have much interesting to aim for once you get like 85+. Just farming the same maps hoping for upgrades to being able to do the same content a little bit faster isn't really peak gameplay for me.

I feel bad tainting the thread with the D4 name as that is in another realm of bad game design.

It's a god damn solid game from a "small indie company" though. A very nice base game that I hope they push a lot more content for. Not sure if they aim for new content at Cycles only?But when they do I'll be back grinding that for a bit!
I think that's because there is really not much more to look forward to in an arpg after you near level cap.

I am the same way in every arpg for the most part. It's exciting getting new skills, new loot, and all of your passives as you level up, but once the levels stop, the skills and passive stop, you are just left with bigger numbers to grind and its not exciting anymore.

I'm on my 8th or 9th level 100 now, but I have been playing in spurts since back in 2020. I just don't find it as fun to max out after hitting 100, as I do in playing a new class and just hitting the cap again either.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
lmao im so sad, my LP3 talons of valor missed the one fucking stat i needed which was crit+bow speed
1710018166484.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Tiresome

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Is the endgame pretty lacking at the moment? I paid for it when it was still EA, but never downloaded or played.

Definitely looks cool and some of the builds look amazing, just didn't seem like there was much to strive for once you hit maxed level and really fine-tuned your build. Is this really like an in-between D3 / Poe?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is the endgame pretty lacking at the moment? I paid for it when it was still EA, but never downloaded or played.

Definitely looks cool and some of the builds look amazing, just didn't seem like there was much to strive for once you hit maxed level and really fine-tuned your build. Is this really like an in-between D3 / Poe?
Once you max and fine tune your build there’s nothing really else to do on that character, unless farming gear for another character or different build.

There’s grinding monolith maps which is similar to Diablo 3 rifts or Grim Dawn shattered realms. There’s 4 dungeons that have various loot mechanics at the end. Thats really all there is at the moment.

For me the end game is about new characters and new builds.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is there a point to doing the quest echos for empowered monoliths?
Yeah, that’s how you build up stability to fight the boss quest in the timeline to give yourself a corruption point. You can build up as many of those as you want before beating orobyss, it then converts those points into 10x corruption.

Tip for those new to monos, the mob bonuses build up and last for a few echoes which can make the oro fight tough. You can ‘cleanse’ those modifiers by doing the beacon echoes. Then you can fight oro with a clean slate.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, that’s how you build up stability to fight the boss quest in the timeline to give yourself a corruption point. You can build up as many of those as you want before beating orobyss, it then converts those points into 10x corruption.

Tip for those new to monos, the mob bonuses build up and last for a few echoes which can make the oro fight tough. You can ‘cleanse’ those modifiers by doing the beacon echoes. Then you can fight oro with a clean slate.
Are you sure? It says it's optional and when I do them, the stability and corruption doesn't change.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
PoE crafting isn't actually that complex. The majority of them involve factured bases, essence spamming, locking prefix or suffix, benchcraft block, then finish with an aisling slam.

The reason people prefer to not participate is because of the amount of expensive RNG and market interaction involved. An analogue would be 6-linking an item. Imagine if fusings were rarer such that it wasn't reasonable to acccumulate hundreds to thousands over a league.
Ive blown 2000 alts and not gotten a combo of blue affixes I needed. Fuck that shit.

LE >

• 2Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The bulk of the crafting mats are plentiful enough that I’m encouraged to participate rather than horde and trade. I use to get really fucking nervous at certain steps at PoE crafting.

I’ll never forget the time I was trying to spam jewelers or something on a damn 20ex (or Div now) chest which isn’t that expensive and accidentally Vaal’d it and ruined the piece.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Are you sure? It says it's optional and when I do them, the stability and corruption doesn't change.
Yeah. When you go to select it on the left, there’s a number under it. Every time you beat it, the number increments up by 1. Corruption and stability stay the same, until you beat orobyss. Then once you beat him those numbers you’ve been adding up convert to corruption at 10x per point.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yeah. When you go to select it on the left, there’s a number under it. Every time you beat it, the number increments up by 1. Corruption and stability stay the same, until you beat orobyss. Then once you beat him those numbers you’ve been adding up convert to corruption at 10x per point.

Well that's what happens when you kill the boss, but does it also happen when you do the optional side quests?

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I can't figure out how to get to Orobyss or corruption. Do I have to finish all 10 timelines first? I've beat the boss on the first three timelines and beaten the first timeline boss three times but am not seeing any different echoes that indicate where Oro is.