Last Night in Soho (2021)

Juvarisx

Florida
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Last Night in Soho (2021)

Genre: Horror, Thriller, Drama

Director: Edgar Wright

Cast: Thomasin McKenzie, Anya Taylor-Joy, Matt Smith, Terence Stamp, Diana Rigg, Synnøve Karlsen, Rita Tushingham, Lisa McGrillis, Michael Jibson, Andrew Bicknell, Michael Ajao, Colin Mace, Oliver Phelps, Jessie Mei Li, Lee Byford, Will Rogers, Will Rowlands

Release: 2021-10-21

Plot: A young girl, passionate about fashion design, is mysteriously able to enter the 1960s where she encounters her idol, a dazzling wannabe singer. But 1960s London is not what it seems, and time seems to be falling apart with shady consequences.

Juvarisx

Florida
Edgar Wright's new flick. Very Suspiria / Don't Look Now, really great trailer at any rate should be good he doesnt make bad.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Sign me up for more Anya Taylor-Joy and her excellent acting skills / weirdly hot gecko lookin face.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I misread the title and thought it was an inmate's tale of his time in a Coruscant prison with Han.

spronk

FPS noob
movie is on VOD and torrents are out, movie super super bombed in theaters sadly making $27m ww ($10m usa) in 3 weeks on a budget of $45m

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
This looks right up my alley, if it wasn't for panda eyes I'd probably get it tonight. They creep me out a little too much. I know, quit being a pussy and ignore that. I will probably watch this weekend.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I actually saw some horror folks saying this was great and is the kind of film you should see in theaters. How ever I don't know if there is anything that is going to get me back into a theater at this point. VOD is where it's at for me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

nu_11

This looks right up my alley, if it wasn't for panda eyes I'd probably get it tonight. They creep me out a little too much. I know, quit being a pussy and ignore that. I will probably watch this weekend.
efee9216d783da4f5e3df11101e2c9ae.jpg

I actually saw some horror folks saying this was great and is the kind of film you should see in theaters. How ever I don't know if there is anything that is going to get me back into a theater at this point. VOD is where it's at for me.
Anya Taylor Joy's eyes deserve their own horror movie

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I really enjoyed this. Particularly the tweeest. This is a very psychedelic movie. Lots of color. It is beautiful in it's way.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
efee9216d783da4f5e3df11101e2c9ae.jpg

Anya Taylor Joy's eyes deserve their own horror movie
Her and Amanda Seyfried should be in a movie where they both try to steal a very shiny ring from each other.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Weird movie, definitely not what I was expecting given that it was written and directed by Edgar Wright. I liked it for what it was (always been a fan of giallo horror, but would probably have liked it more if I hadn't called about 90% of the twist the moment that certain characters were introduced) but not something I see myself watching repeatedly like, well, all of his other movies.

Not sure what would really be gained by seeing it in theaters though, seemed just fine at 4K HDR and the cinematography worked especially well with the immersion lighting on my TV, especially the scenes in her room where the bistro light was flashing.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

nu_11

This movie sealed the deal. For the most part, I do not like Edgar Wright movies.

Scott Pilgrim I liked but maybe because he lifted the story, dialogue, and scenes straight from the comic.

I do not like how Edgar Wright writes his characters. I can see that he writes them to be likeable and stylish, but it just doesn’t work for me.

This movie had great music and some great visual shots but the story was predictable and cheese, and the characters were style over substance.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
This movie sealed the deal. For the most part, I do not like Edgar Wright movies.

Scott Pilgrim I liked but maybe because he lifted the story, dialogue, and scenes straight from the comic.

I do not like how Edgar Wright writes his characters. I can see that he writes them to be likeable and stylish, but it just doesn’t work for me.

This movie had great music and some great visual shots but the story was predictable and cheese, and the characters were style over substance.
Thats a Giallo though. The movies are all about style first.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really enjoyed this movie. Interesting storyline with great acting and cinematography.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database