Last Oasis

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xevy

Log Wizard
Server came up today for open testing of the stability changes. Everything working so well they said they PROBABLY won't wipe it. So basically, soups on boys. If you want to play, game on!

Think this is to helps spread out the newb populace so not 90% of the people in the same 4 zones.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Server came up today for open testing of the stability changes. Everything working so well they said they PROBABLY won't wipe it. So basically, soups on boys. If you want to play, game on!

Think this is to helps spread out the newb populace so not 90% of the people in the same 4 zones.

Picked it up. But as I'm waiting for it to install, I'm reading reviews... and going into this game solo doesnt sound very attractive... Thoughts?

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
New patch says they won’t be wiping servers if everything stays stable. You can also change your server and name at will now which is nice. I wouldn’t worry about waiting for people you know to start playing, just get in and get used to the combat mechanics(directional like mount and blade). Right now I’m Flattop on West 26.

*im gonna wait until the servers are up for good

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
I am hearing that solo play is pretty much not doable as you will most likely get PKed on site by clans and groups.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It depends. If you run around on a Firefly you'll be bothered less than if you're solo running a fucking Tobaggon or Stilleto or something. But overall, yes, like basically every other recent Survival game you need a guild/clan/alliance/whatever for protection. I'm in some 40+ person alliance and we locked down an entire zone for now, but we still get into 20v20 fights and stuff. I personally don't jump solo people, but most of my alliance attacks anyone they think has loot.

I'd try to find people here (not me, I don't even know the people who run my fucking alliance) or reddit or the forums and you can probably find a spot to chill at and farm for a while with protection from neighbors. You can gather all the mats and build everything yourself, but again, it'll be way easier with more people. Getting fragments (skill points) is way easier if you have multiple people farming them to feed one person than doing it yourself.

Basically, yeah, you want to play with people. You can try and solo, but every once and a while you're going to get harassed, haranged, and murdered for everything they can take. There ARE "no loot" options such as storage within walkers, so always keep your precious shit in there like rare resources and skill fragments.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yesterday, I spent a lot of time playing the game. I cant remember what node/zone I'm in, but it's two hexagons north of a noobie zone in the bottom left of the NA East. I stayed in the deep oasis all day and never saw a single person until I started to leave towards the zone line to log out. Seems as though killing NPC's with your ship turret gives you loot, but no fragments? At least, thats what it seemed like. I put a lot of fragments into clothing and towards a weapon yesterday. Not really sure on attributes though. Not sure what matters most at later levels, but right now.. I feel like I have good durability to survive a few hits. White Death so far is the only one that can kill me that fast.

I also learned that the pathing is absolutely horrible for NPC's. So I would set up two Fiber Work Benches at a /\ position, run through an entire camp, help them with the pathing in their own camp as I run through it, then path them into my bottle neck. They cant move past it, so I bob and weave up to the arrow point that theyre stuck, let them attack, then do an over head attacks and it would take out all the lower level NPC's, three hits would take out all the higher level NPC's like Shamans and Huruku's or w/e. Even works against White Death, but he hits like a f'n truck against me still. He has a quicker attack than the rest of the ru's and a longer reach. Just like everything else, you gotta wait for them to attack - but he knocked the shit out of me. By the time I was able to get up, he was already back off to the track to run his marathon. F'n Harambe bastard.

I also learned, I am absolutely terrible blocking. I dont know if it's the fact that I dont get how to maneuver the mouse or what. But it seems like I can block the low level ru's 75% of the time and then Sentinel's like 25% of the time and shamans, huru's and white devil's just rock me. Any tips on that? I feel like I'm going to eventually run into someone and they are going to just decimate the shit out of me cause I cant land a single hit and barely block any of the hits from them.

I never found the little nunu's or whatever that drop Hide when you harvest them. Was more fun to trial and error when it came to finding stuff, but I could never figure out Hide's so I looked that one up. Mushrooms freaked me out at first, too. Chopped one up and then the sulfur smoke, I thought it was some poisonous gas lol. The super tall cactus tree's or whatever, when I harvest the fruit - other than repelling down as safely as possible - have you guys figured out how to get up there, harvest it and then get down quickly without multiple line taps for replling? I'm going to have to look up a lot of stuff much further from this, but I think once I have blocking down pat - Ill go find some people to join. The zone I was in was overwhelmingly nice for the most part. Some group of PVP came in as I was leaving, and the text boss went wild with deaths - but I didnt see it.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hard zones come out tomorrow. I'll probably stream and it will be absolute chaos. My guild is pretty big so it's going to be a million different idiots shouting "HELP ME GUILDMATES I R LOSING FIGHT AT X" "NO ME AT Y" "30 GUYS AT Z".

My crew is some of the better PVPers so we're basically called in when shit is going badly, so it may REALLY be a shitshow with all the mega guilds going for new components and Tablets.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Is this game actually fun?
Can be. Solo? Probably fun until you get raided several times. With 3-6 people? Probably pretty fun. You can lose all your shit and get it back pretty quickly. With 10+ people it's more fun if you want to actually PVP and pirate, but depends on the people. I'm in some massive 60+ person guild with 4+ factions in each and there's very little guidance/direction and fights are completely uncoordinated, but my team isn't retarded so we do pretty well.

Fights in this game can literally last like 30 minutes to an hour depending on the scale. Last night we had a 40 v 60 v 40ish battle we came out the lesser losers of, but it was easily 60 minutes. My 6 man crew probably amassed something like 100+ kills easily with a combined 20 deaths or so. But in the end, the last people to the battle with fresh ships clean up and take everything, so we lost all the gear we brought/took, but managed to salvage our Falco (sans leg) which we'll repair today.

The ship-to-ship combat is fantastic. The guns are really cool and there's some neat tricks I'll show when they nerf. All the "I AM SO GOOD AT PVP BRO" types drop to the ground and melee fight, which is retarded, because then gunships just pick them apart. Also in mass battles about 1/3 of the damage you take, often the killing blow, is from your teammates. Fight on a ship with a 2hander is a no go and fighting together is important to basically have an attacker from behind and a blocker up front and just try to split people from the horde.

Overall it's better PVP than Atlas, which was mostly all nautical and fatal VERY quickly, whereas this game has a lot of ship to ship stuff and ground stuff. People running in naked trying to find a weapon on a body to continue the fight etc. If you get a big group it'll be fun (unless you run into the Chinese or the NA mega zerg) just make sure to specialize crafting and MAKE SURE TO PLAY WITH PEOPLE WHO DON'T MIND GATHERING. 70% of the "PVP IS MUH LIFE" type do nothing but wait for gear/ships to be done then use that gear, die almost immediately, lose it, then grab a new set that took 30+ minutes to make and repeat the cycle.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Game is a blast. I think it’s very viable for a solo player but I play with a smaller sized group.

Keep your main stash in a favorited walker that you don’t roam in. Roam in a dingy or spider.

Get good with the movement system (grapple) and you can easily escape bad situations.