Leasing a car

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Ugh, I just was in another dealership where they said a $289/month lease was the best they could do. I produced an ad offering the same car for $269/month, and he actually asked me, "Well, why do you think you should only have to pay $269/month?" PLEASE KILL YOURSELF.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
When I bought my current car, I had a wonderful experience. They asked how much I thought my trade in was worth, I gave them a number a full 5k higher than what would've been realistic. They came back with a number 3k lower than that. Then they asked what I wanted my monthly to be, I lowballed the fuck out of them and walked out of there with a 0% interest loan, the car for 3k under MSRP and an extra 3k on my trade. I felt good.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Heh, hopefully I can swing something like that when I start my lease in a couple months right before this car hits the point I'm ready to give up on it completely.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you can, always deal with the internet / fleet sales guy. They will normally be no nonsense and will give you a good price right off the bat. I've used carwoo.com with good results to contact a bunch of dealers and get quick quotes from all of them.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I dealt with one internet sales person when I bought my truck. They were so terrible, I made a trip out to the dealership just to make sure I was complaining as high up the food chain as possible. I initially emailed the complaint and realized the same person had received it.

Trollicious_sl

shitlord
Just as a heads-up to people who don't know. Salespeople only get paid when they sell a car. On top of that, they only get paid off of the PROFIT of selling said car. Think about your paycheck and what you do for it. Now realize the people that you talk to are also thinking about their paycheck. It isn't personal.

All that said, go to the manufacturers website, submit a lead online. Only use your real email address (a burner at that). Email everyone back saying you want to lease a vehicle with all your terms (months, miles, accessories/options). Let them know how much TOTAL money you are going to put down (should be just first payment or $1000 if you want to do that much). Tell them you are going to buy in the next 48 hours at the dealer that gives the best up front all included (taxes/tags/fees etc) payment. When you go to the lowest dealer, if everything is as they quoted you, buy it. If not, go to the next dealer.

Don't beat them up too much more than that and make a purchase. If you aren't interested in buying, don't waste everyone's (including your) time. EZ PZ.

Everyone who has problems buying cars has a problem doing it because of themselves. Buying a car isn't fucking rocket science.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Went to a car dealer, test drove a 2014 model car. Asked for a price on it. They gave me one, I said I'd think about it and left. The next day I called them and said if they brought the price down to X I'd buy it, they said OK. Went in, and after I'd spent an hour going through related paperwork they brought out a car.....the 2013 model. Insisted that this was the car I test drove, and this was what the offer was for. Wasted over an hour of my time for what? Hoping I wouldn't notice? Hoping I'd be too sick of shit after drowning in paperwork for an hour that I'd just say fuck it and take what they offered me?

Fuck car dealers, fuck them right in the ass.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Hoping I'd be too sick of shit after drowning in paperwork for an hour that I'd just say fuck it and take what they offered me?
They always pull something like this, and yes they're hoping you're mentally locked into the deal.