Leave the World Behind (2023)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 4 Votes
Title: Leave the World Behind (2023)

Genre: Drama, Thriller

Director: Sam Esmail

Cast: Ethan Hawke, Julia Roberts, Kevin Bacon, Mahershala Ali, Myha'la Herrold, Ryan Kiera Armstrong, Charlie Evans, Farrah Mackenzie, Vanessa Aspillaga, Josh Drennen, Stephanie Groves, Pavel Frolov, Kevin Kenny, Alex Barber, Heather Lee, Saif Mohsen, Alexis Rae Forlenza, Erica Cho, Madison Jessica Bennett

Release: 2023-12-08

Plot: A family vacation on Long Island is interrupted by two strangers bearing news of a mysterious blackout. As the threat grows more imminent, both families must decide how best to survive the potential crisis, all while grappling with their own place in this collapsing world.

spronk

FPS noob
its by the Mr. Robot creator but this looks like one of those shitty "i grappled with my insecurities about the world during quarantine and this is the bullshit i wrote" kinda movies that i thought we got through already

White Noise, Don't Look Up, the bubble, there are just a ton of these

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Another movie trying to be a parable about American infighting and the road to collapse.
When the guy tells his realization to Ethan Hawke, about how it's a military operation, and the three stages - I yawned. Such a remedial realization, like no shit Sherlock, way to vaguely detail warfare. I originally thought this was trending towards being an alien invasion movie, and sadly it wasn't because that would've been better.

Also, absolutely zero chance the US empire apparatus falls that quickly. Wishful thinking.""

These Hollywood guys just have such remedial ideas about collapse, and how it would happen.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
jesus christ this movie is a slog and it's cuz of this nog

1. shes not pretty
2. what nog has no boobs?
3. her character is vile and annoying

shes all these dumb college nogs rolled into 1 ugly package

i can't believe the white dude from gattica and training day can act like such a good emasculated white male

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is this the one the Obama's production company made?

Good job giving propaganda +1 watch.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
james mcavoy split GIF

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I watched it on vacation, didn't know any of the background re: who made it. It was okay, kinda tense early Signs feeling in the beginning then got dumb at the end (but not as bad as Signs did).

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Was this movie anti white as folks are saying?

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
No it doesn't say anything about race. It is saying that the US's social fabric is fragile in an extremely heavy handed way so you could argue that it's anti-US if you want to.

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It was actually fine outside of about three lines from the daughter that specifically said 'white people'. The issue was that, if you took out the racial reference, the tone and meaning of her dialogue didn't change at all. To me, that meant it was a deliberate choice to be fucking retarded for lolsocialjustice.

Outside of that, I thought the movie was good and tense at the beginning and just never delivered on the tension. Also, some of the camera shots were awful and made me laugh. It was a completely average 5/10; but with the movies we have had over the last half decade, not being atrocious makes it almost a masterpiece.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wouldn’t say the movie’s good, but the suiciding Teslas was pretty funny.

• 2Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah the movie that paints the white guy as a racist rapist for no reason at all, while his wife just salivates over random black dick for no reason isn’t at all pushing any narratives.

Ok

• 3Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
No it doesn't say anything about race. It is saying that the US's social fabric is fragile in an extremely heavy handed way so you could argue that it's anti-US if you want to.

^ target audience for the programming this film is doing

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database