Left big 4 IT consulting for smaller firm - AMA

mr208

N00b
As the title states, I left a big 4 firm after working 2.5 years (first gig out of college) to work for a smaller firm. AMA or don't
smile.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not to be flippant but there's not a terribly large amount of information a person 2.5 years out of their first gig has to say typically. If you've got a story of your time, tell it, but folks interested in IT aren't going to jump in here to blindly consult you.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Not to be flippant but there's not a terribly large amount of information a person 2.5 years out of their first gig has to say typically. If you've got a story of your time, tell it, but folks interested in IT aren't going to jump in here to blindly consult you.
No but having worked for Accenture consulting for a couple years, its really a different kind of job than any of you can think of.

Why doesn't he just go ahead and give the basics of the kind of projects he's been on and you'll see.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
How did you manage to miss click this so badly that it ended up on Rerolled rather than on Reddit?

Gotta echo Tuco here. If you have interesting stories, by all means, share
smile.png

Louis

Trakanon Raider
How did you manage to miss click this so badly that it ended up on Rerolled rather than on Reddit?

Gotta echo Tuco here. If you have interesting stories, by all means, share
smile.png
My auto complete fucks me a bunch when I get lazy and assume "www.re"will bring me to where I want. Guessing the same happened here.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
interestingly I just started in Big 4 IT consulting after doing a few years in core assurance. let's chat.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Kegkilla sounds so grown up. Every time he posts I'm expecting him to slay nerds, but no he has been very moderate lately.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Okay, one IT guy to another: What makes you think you know, well, anything at all about IT as a whole after 2.5 years of working in this field?

I mean, I'm still learning, and I've been in the field for 20 years, so I'm curious as to what you think you have to offer us all. Keep in mind that being any good at IT requires you to keep learning, forever, because very few fields that I can think of evolve as quickly as this one.

Dazzle us, OP.