Legal Threats of the Psychotic Persuasion

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Okay, so I am fuming mad right now and looking to my RR bro's for some outside perspective lest I do something dumb.

I have rented a room in a close, well off friends house for over 3 years now. He is very soft spoken, shy, extremely trusting and avoids confrontation at all costs. This coupled with his financial luck in life has always made him an easy target for scumbags. I have watched him make countless poor decisions despite my advice for the entire 20+ years I have known him. Few of the aforementioned decisions would rank as bad as the chick he let into his life back in July. Let's henceforth refer to this junkie cunt as JC.

So good ol' JC was introduced to my friend back in July and was quick to choose my bedroom. Having just started talking with a chick of my own (and receiving many bad looks from my bud), I pushed her away. The next week she moved in with him (us). Despite my protests and contrary advice, he choose to roll the dice. It didn't take long to see she was heavily dependent on Valiuum to sleep and Adderol to get out of bed. In fact she spent day's and even a whole week once in bed because she could not get her prescriptions filled. My friend, completely turned off by this behavior, was starting to ignore her hoping for god knows what. She tried to "talk" to me several times and even knocked on my door in the ol' "just got outta the shower, have cloths?" bit. I am a huge negative and pessimistic asshole so I had no problem telling her how it was. She ended up getting caught hooking up with another mutual friend and was finally kicked out crying and screaming.

Fast forward a week and my dumb friend takes her back. Idiot.

During her second term in this household she brought ALLL her shit with her. So. Much. Shit. See when JC isn't hosting wet t-shirt contests or dancing burlesque, she takes garbage (sunglasses, trinkets, utensils, whatever) and tries to turn it into art which she then tries to sell. It all looks like shit and nets her next to nothing. This behavior persisted up until December when she got caught yet again with yet another dude. Friend flipped and tried to throw her and her shit out. She was unwilling to leave this time and when police were involved, we were informed that since it has been over 30 days, she must be evicted and her property respected. That's when another mutual friend and I decide to do our buddy a solid and help her to gtfo.

We reached out to her father with whom she previously lived. He is also financially well off and a ex felon for some sort of laundering type scheme. Of that I know little, but he did some time for it. He basically laughed at us and said he wasn't willing to make the 50 minute drive to help his dumb daughter. So after some friendly talk, me and this mutual friend convinced her to let us help box up all her shit and put it in the garage so her father could pick it and her up in the morning. She did not box a single item. She instead snorted Adderol and tried to seduce us with burlesque "moves". After we finished the job I went to bed as I had work early.

Fast foward yet again to Superbowl Sunday and her father shows up at our door. My friend answers and is handed blown up photos of my GF wearing what he accuses to be JC's from pics on Facebook. The accused items are a flannel burberry scarf that I see on at least one other person throughout my day, everyday. That belongs to my GF's best friend. A leather vest that my GF's mother gave her for xmas, and I guess a white shirt, no clue which. Completely caught me off guard but ultimately laughed it off despite the insulting claims. My very angry GF messaged JC telling her off and explained how those articles were her's that same day. No response.

That brings me to today where my friend just showed me texts he received from JC's daddy. Basically saying he was taking him to court and to speak to a lawyer, blaming my friend as it was under his care when "stolen". I flipped. I sent him a non-threatening message explaining what a worthless twat him and his daughter was. My GF tried several times to call him, but he never picked up.

I am at a loss for words here. Why would somebody go through so much trouble over like 40 dollars worth of clothing? What is my best course of action here bro's? I live an honest life and have never been in this type of situation. Does he have a case even? I just don't know what to do on my end so any advice from an outside perspective will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for being so long winded but thanks for letting me vent!

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Seems pretty simple, let JC and her Dad waste money on lawyers and court filing fees and what not, have your GF best friend testify that the bunny scarf is hers, have your GF's mom testify that she gave her the vest, and you will be done with it.

Seriously, the burden of proof is on them and it doesn't sound like they have much in that regard, so I wouldn't be surprised IF it goes to court (sounds like empty threats to me) if the judge even bothers to hear your side of the story before throwing it out.

My neighbors accused me of shooting out their air conditioner with a pellet gun when I was a kid. It had been 6 months since they had turned it on but when they did they found the pellets when it wasn't working. None of our yards are fenced, but since it was facing our back yard and I was a teenage boy, it must have been me. We had quite the defense planned out and the judge never even bothered to listen to us, told them to prove it, they couldn't. Judge said "I can ASSUME that he did it, it even seems most likely that the shooter was in [my] backyard, but you haven't proved anything so we are done." Turns out my younger brother was the one who did it, but that is besides the point.
wink.png

iannis

Musty Nester
This sounds a lot like a not-an-actual-problem, tbh.

He's claiming some stolen clothes? That's it? He's going to take you to court for a few hundred dollars? And he's gonna walk into small claims court with a lawyer? Do you really think he's gonna do any of that shit?

And even if he does... you don't even need a lawyer. "Prove it". heh.

lol. His dipshit daughter came back to live with him and now he's angry, so he's yelling at you guys. Use this as a teaching opportunity for your buddy. It's ok to fuck middle aged wannabe artwhores. It's not ok to give them a room in your house. If she wasn't paying him any rent, she was not a tenant... and eviction = throwing her shit out onto the lawn. Cause I can see where a man that furious and full of bluster might try to peg your friend with something along those lines.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I would think he would need proof that 1) she owned those clothes and 2) the clothes in the pics were hers. I wouldn't see this making it to trial, but I'm no lawyer or anything.

Also doesn't matter if she wasn't paying rent, that's a non-issue. If she was living there for 30 days then she was considered a resident and can't just be thrown out.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yea the more I think about it, the more absurd all this is. It can't be about money. I guess there's nothing left to do but wait and see what this nut does next. Roomate just told me this dick paid a bunch of guys to beat the shit out of a previous ex over a nasty breakup. These folks are real winners.

Chris

Potato del Grande
They think that you are weak and will cave in to threats and give them free stuff. Ignore them, keep a record of any contact with you and call the police if it gets too threatening. If you give them anything it'll just get worse.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Other than the drama, this seems like a non-issue, and frankly I'm wondering if any of it is even true.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I'm glad everyone seems to agree this won't go anywhere and appreciate everyones opinions. I was super stressed and angry when posting this so I admit my intent was equal in part venting, part seeking reasurance. I tend to avoid drama at all costs so this caught me off guard and I let it get to me.

That said, if I don't post again this dude done wizardhawk'd my ass. Tell my story and seek vengence!

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Haha that little shit. How did he fess up?
Couple years later he fessed up during a camping trip when we were retelling the story to some family friends. I think my parents also thought it was me the entire time, but hey, what else could they go off of other than me saying "I didn't do it."

I should point out the fact that these neighbors are terrible. They have sued pretty much everyone in the neighborhood and any contractor/maintenance person who has ever done work for them. We have had all kinds of issues with them over the years and other than being dragged to small claims court my parents didn't really care at all.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Hehe, you would get far more than tit pics with way less Vicodin. She would clean up around here.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I doubt Rav was oh-so wild in bed; i mean she missed the chance of trying a gay dick.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I doubt Rav was oh-so wild in bed; i mean she missed the chance of trying a gay dick.
Didn't she care for a transitioning person? I mean, that's about the same, depending on which end of the transition is cis to ones own sexuality.