Legend of Korra, Book 2: Spirits

Ebris_sl

shitlord
I remember reading that Seasons 3 and 4 were going to be make in tandem with Season 2, so maybe we won't have to wait 8months for the next season.

I'm a little sad we may not see any more of Aang with the connection to the previous Avatars lost.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Where are the last two episodes?
Edit: Nvm guess i was a week behind!
No you are not. They aired on Nick due to some c contest they rran. Ifa post got bblogged 10 k times they would release the last two episodes online early . at midnight. Cable tv shows those two episodes next Friday

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
No you are not. They aired on Nick due to some c contest they rran. Ifa post got bblogged 10 k times they would release the last two episodes online early . at midnight. Cable tv shows those two episodes next Friday
That's what it is, i saw that after i looked it up.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Interesting detail someone on another forum pointed out:
"Jinora's actions at the end were not well explained, but it seems what she did was find the pieces of Raava that were scattered in the spirit world and then brought them to Vaatu and Korra since Raava can never truly be destroyed. The pieces then reformed to reincarnate Raava inside Vaatu so now this time Korra could actually pull Raava out of Vaatu. This could possibly imply Vaatu will be reborn inside Raava in the future. "

"My thought was that Jinora got the teapot that Iroh was holding on to, since he mentioned that a part of Raava was still in the pot."

Xalara

Golden Squire
The big loose thread to me is:

Vaatu comes back in 10 000 years and straight up fights the Avatar since he won't be imprisoned anymore. I was actually kind of hoping that Korra would end up fusing with both and end the fighting every 10 000 years. Maybe they will deal with this in one of the subsequent seasons. It will also be interesting to see what happens with Varrick, I suspect he'll be a more central villain later on. Though I would enjoy it more if they didn't make him a villain and instead kept him as more of the lying/scheming type.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I suspect that this is not the last we will see of Jinora's spirit powers, especially with the way the world has changed post harmonic convergence. Part of me suspects that next season we will see new benders emerging that don't correspond strictly to Air, Earth, Fire and Water. Afterall in Wan's time no one was a natural bender and they all got their elements from the dragon turtles on a loaner basis. What if the non-bending population are actually benders but of types that were suppressed by the Avatar cycle.

Anywho the series is pretty fantastic, damn shame that Nick seems incompetent with respect to scheduling it (nothing for over a year and then burn through all 14 episodes in like 2 months...)

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Awesome, the ending made me cry like a little kid.

I still don't think it came close to the last season of the original TLA. Katara vs Hama, the sibling battle for the firelord title, Aang vs Ozai... Bending just seems weaker and I wouldn't mind seeing more of the battles, either with spirits or just in general.

lanludar

Silver Squire
Did anyone else notice that if Varrick's plan had actually worked and the president had put forces to the South then none of the bad stuff at the end would have happened?

Tramddark_sl

shitlord
That's just a possibility but yeah. Seriously. It was just narrow minded to an extreme, especally given that the Dark Avatar then started to immediately wipe the floor with Republic City forces.

lanludar

Silver Squire
That's just a possibility but yeah. Seriously. It was just narrow minded to an extreme, especally given that the Dark Avatar then started to immediately wipe the floor with Republic City forces.
All I am saying is that Varrick was not a bad guy. Everything he did would have made the good guys winning in the end easier not harder...his methods were screwy but he isn't a villain. Besides him and Julei are freaking hilarious.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
All I am saying is that Varrick was not a bad guy. Everything he did would have made the good guys winning in the end easier not harder...his methods were screwy but he isn't a villain. Besides him and Julei are freaking hilarious.
He is the chaotic neutral - anything goes as long as it makes him money and he has a plan and character, which makes him stand head and shoulders above most of the others.

I have no doubt he would start helping the north if it meant prolonging the war

Tramddark_sl

shitlord
He did however sell to the Northern Water Tribe as well, which would have made victory just a touch harder given the mechs and other equipment they had. But yeah, Varric wasn't all bad, he was just a shameless war profiteer. And he definitely was hilarious and deserves a recurring character slot.