Legends of Aria (Shards Online)

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
This has the most potential of any game I've yet seen to be the spiritual successor to UO.

Unfortunately it looks and plays like ass.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Ha, hold your tongue.

For being 20 years old, UO looks and plays fine. I'm not granting any concessions to games being made today.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Fuck I'll try it. Wasn't playing MMOs when Ultima came out, so I'd be down for something like it.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Then I'd recommend playing a UO freeshard. I see LoA has been in alpha like 4 years now and for what they're showing it's not impressive.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Is this more fun to play than it is to watch? Spent maybe 10 minutes watching a stream and it looked pretty terrible.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Hopefully they spruce it up before release. I suspect they will since they're still in alpha.

Pops

At least there looks like more content then AO. But the graphics...

Keekles

Trakanon Raider
Some guy built his house over where I was logged off and it spawned me inside his house. For the past few months I've been logging in every now and then and looting everything that's not locked down.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Some guy built his house over where I was logged off and it spawned me inside his house. For the past few months I've been logging in every now and then and looting everything that's not locked down.

Holy shit HAHAHAHA

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

So anyone playing this server? Because it's pretty fucking cool.

There's always a fine line between nostalgia and integrating new features that make the game less tedious. Looks like they're choosing to the ignore the latter. Meh.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
This seems pretty fun so far, fan of the look and sound of it.

Anyone tried the ranger?