20230831_065724.jpg
20230831_065713.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
They're doing nice work on those pavers

Man, everyone keeps saying that, but it is natural stone so i am being told that it won't truly be level like cement decking. I am furious that it looks good in pictures, but there are places where you can see pavers that are lower in some spots. I know that, as a guy, I will be fine with it after a few months of using the pool; but right now I hate the thing and am pissed that we paid way more for fancy fucking pavers than just stamped spray deck.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man, everyone keeps saying that, but it is natural stone so i am being told that it won't truly be level like cement decking. I am furious that it looks good in pictures, but there are places where you can see pavers that are lower in some spots. I know that, as a guy, I will be fine with it after a few months of using the pool; but right now I hate the thing and am pissed that we paid way more for fancy fucking pavers than just stamped spray deck.

Can you at least blame the wife?

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Can you at least blame the wife?

Well, yes. She goes for form over function, but it has always turned out great. I trust her judgement on everything. No one told us that it was going to not be level because of the pavers she chose so I cannot totally blame her.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
It's going to move. A lot. I have one that I finished in the spring when the ground was still moist. After this summer and everything shriveling up in the heat it looks terrible. My paver guy just shrugs and says that's what they do. Sounds like you would have been happier with spray deck. That's 100% my choice whenever I get around to doing my own pool.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
They did put roadbase down and then compacted it right?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I have a couple neighbors with the pavers and it’s not too bad in terms of leveling. You don’t really notice it when you have shoes or sandals on. I imagine being barefoot you’d notice it more though, not sure I’d want it around a pool either.

• 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I have a couple neighbors with the pavers and it’s not too bad in terms of leveling. You don’t really notice it when you have shoes or sandals on. I imagine being barefoot you’d notice it more though, not sure I’d want it around a pool either.
Really dependent on where you live and your soil. Here in N TX we have black clay under everything and shit moves a lot, swells when it's wet and contracts when it's dry. This time of year you can walk a random field and you'll find cracks in the dirt big enough to put your first in. He's in Houston though so I'm sure it's not as bad as what we have to deal with.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Really dependent on where you live and your soil. Here in N TX we have black clay under everything and shit moves a lot, swells when it's wet and contracts when it's dry. This time of year you can walk a random field and you'll find cracks in the dirt big enough to put your first in. He's in Houston though so I'm sure it's not as bad as what we have to deal with.
Yeah our stuff is brown/red clay. It moves a shit load as it transitions back and forth between winter and summer.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yes they did. We may be able to fix some of it with more filling sand. I am just in a complaining mood.
Yeah my neighbors have to do this every year so far. It gets loose, put more in…fine for the summer and fall. Repeat next spring.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
It's 3' of decking (concrete with acrylic on it). I meant one of the spas that attach to it and drop the water into the pool.

Pool guy said these type of spas aren't therapeutic, the jets just sort of move the water around. He said that he honestly doesn't recommend people get them if they want a therapeutic spa he suggests adding a stand-a lone jacuzzi style pool and having the $20k or in our case using the savings to add stuff like water features.

Edit: it's a salt pool.
Did you get a quote for any different kinds of decking like cement pavers or say travertine?

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I went out and stood on it/walked it for a good 10 minutes. It is not nearly as bad as I was bitching about. It really does just need more fill sand.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
my house in ks they tiled the bathroom themselves, every tile was not level and raised up by like 1mm. it looked and felt fine initially cuz youre just walking through w/ sneakers, but waking up and feeling the edges and almost cutting myself, i dremel'd the edges smooth

maybe you should walk barefoot over it, since thats what most ppl will be doing getting out of the pool

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
Did you get a quote for any different kinds of decking like cement pavers or say travertine?
The base quote comes with the concrete. If you want pavers they pour a layer of concrete and then put the pavers on top to prevent sinking/settling. And no not yet. We wanted a base price and now we can play with it and see how add-ons run.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
someone is going to have a bad morning
1277d99e48043def2629cab2e2d18eec.jpg

but what is the purpose of this tiny deck "pool"? i don't even see any jets so it's not even a hot tub

• 1Worf