Lex Fridman podcast

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I’ve got about an hour left of this fucking beast of an episode. Thoroughly enjoying it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Todd Howard (Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Bethesda, etc) on the podcast today. I'm about halfway through it. It's good, but nothing earth shattering.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Todd Howard (Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Bethesda, etc) on the podcast today. I'm about halfway through it. It's good, but nothing earth shattering.

That was boring in the best way possible. Todd just really likes making video games and also plays a lot of video games.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Started this on the way to work this morning, don’t think I’ve heard of the guest before.
Interesting ep so far.
He does a good job of breaking complex subjects down for the masses. I think I first came across Coffeezilla from an Asmongold React Video.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Jared Kushner podcast was good. Lex stayed mostly quiet and just let the guy riff for 4 hours.

• 1Barf

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Jared Kushner podcast was good. Lex stayed mostly quiet and just let the guy riff for 4 hours.
I’m having a hard time staying engaged, he’s so dry and kinda seems like he’s just memorized a script.
Sucks cause it’s great timing for the topic. I was also pretty surprised to hear Lex mention they talked again shortly after Israel/Hamas kicked off. Props to Kushner for that.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Also, I didn’t realize how much we look alike, I could easily pass for a cousin, maybe brother. It was kinda weirding me out. I need to do a side by side comparison with some headshots or something

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I'd never paid much attention to Kushner on the assumption that he was a bog-standard upper crust product of nepotism, but was pleasantly surprised by how much sense he made.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
I'd never paid much attention to Kushner on the assumption that he was a bog-standard upper crust product of nepotism, but was pleasantly surprised by how much sense he made.
I don't think I finished this one but agree he definitely came across on the side of knowing what he's talking about vs talking point ++.

I always enjoy Lee Cronin, tons to think about.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I don't think I finished this one but agree he definitely came across on the side of knowing what he's talking about vs talking point ++.

I always enjoy Lee Cronin, tons to think about.

I love (semi) crazy people with balls big enough to float huge new ideas. Neat stuff.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
I love (semi) crazy people with balls big enough to float huge new ideas. Neat stuff.
For sure, some of these eps I feel like my brain is being opened up and all this stuff is just being dumped in where I have to reevaluate whole sections of my knowledge/life/whatever.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Nothing super exciting but I’ve never heard Bezos talk for more than a few sentences. Comes across as reasonably down to earth. A good bit of Blue Origin talk, hopefully they step it up and add some competition to the sector.

I feel like Lex is making some pretty serious connections, if he ever launches some sort of company/venture initial backing won’t be terribly difficult to come by.

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I wasnt expecting the Bezos one to be good but I really enjoyed it.. great stuff Lex!

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is one of the best pod's I've listened to in a long time. Teddy has lived an incredible life of ups and downs. He is admirable, vulnerable, brave, and wisdom just flows out of him.

Great stories, great life lessons, and honesty about how truly complicated life is.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Enjoying this one quite a bit, I’m not a huge fan of Shapiro or Destiny but appreciate that they both seem to do their homework and at least in this able to just wait and let the other person talk. Also appreciate how much at a base level they agree on considering how opposite their are.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

I figured I'd try Lex out again because what you guys have been posting looks interesting.

I still think Lex is awkward AF as an interviewer, but he barely talked in this one anyways. Holy shit this was a wild ride of fraud to listen to.

• 1Like