LGBT- too many interests

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Is that 10% thing really true? I feel like maybe 1% or less of the people I have known in my life are gay and I used to live in the Bay Area. I realize not everyone is open about it, but I have a hard time believing the 10% thing.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Is that 10% thing really true? I feel like maybe 1% or less of the people I have known in my life are gay and I used to live in the Bay Area. I realize not everyone is open about it, but I have a hard time believing the 10% thing.
It used to be true. If you really dig into the census data.

In his 1948 book, Sexual Behavior in the Human Male, Alfred Kinsey shocked the world by announcing that 10% of the male population is gay. The 2000 U.S. Census Bureau found that homosexual couples constitute less than 1% of American households. The Family Research Report says "around 2-3% of men, and 2% of women, are homosexual or bisexual." The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force estimates three to eight percent of both sexes.

So what accounts for the decrease in homosexuality in the general population? There is no official answer. Butt it's probably AIDS.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My link goes into the 10% thing too. It's mostly opinion but a different than usual take on things at least.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
They like to add a lot of letters to a movement's acronym to encompass more groups.

Kind of like how they add the "ethnic" aisle to supermarkets: "we don't really have what you want, but here's some GOYA products so come on in!"