Lies of P (Souls-like)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You really don't need to be below 60%, I'm doing just fine at 79%. 80% is where you get fat roll, below that everything is just fine.

That's good to know. Cause yeah capacity is such a thorn in my side at this point. I'm at 62% right now so I'll finish getting it back to 59% (now that I have all the amulets I want), but next time I respec I might switch a lot of capacity over to HP or technique and leave it at 79% instead.

Still enjoying this, on NG+++ now using the giant club boss weapon (Noblesse Oblige) which is slow as hell but fun. I definitely recommend a run with the Nameless Puppet Proof of Humanity-strong balanced scaling and it crits, giant scissors. New P organ upgrades have appeared at each NG, kind of cool

Yeah I really like the look of Proof of Humanity. Reminds me of the Blades of Mercy in Bloodborne, fast-paced dual-swords. Too bad you can't get it until like the end of the game though.

I'm in the area with the Two Dragon Sword now so I should get it pretty soon. Been waiting ages for this thing.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It is kind of shitty you have a 50/50 chance of missing out on the final boss unless you look up spoilers

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It is kind of shitty you have a 50/50 chance of missing out on the final boss unless you look up spoilers
Most people miss the Bloodborne final boss on first playthrough. Secret bosses arent a new thing

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Also the diminishing returns hit pretty hard on stats in the NGs (makes it really not worth it to go above 47 or so), and I seemed to always have a TON of ergo, so you can pretty quickly do an effective balance build and also pump a ton into capacity for quick movement/rolls, or even pump up advance for the elemental stuff.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Most people miss the Bloodborne final boss on first playthrough. Secret bosses arent a new thing

It's not a secret boss where you have to do a bunch of things you'd never expect someone to ever do on a first play through.

It's a Yes/No coin flip.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's not a secret boss where you have to do a bunch of things you'd never expect someone to ever do on a first play through.

It's a Yes/No coin flip.
No it isnt.

Its possible to only get one dialogue choice

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Yeh, people not in the know would think the game ends with Gehrman. I hope BB doesn't actually go to an NG+ cycle after the Gehrman ending and you have a chance to go get the real final boss, but I don't remember.

Also the diminishing returns hit pretty hard on stats in the NGs (makes it really not worth it to go above 47 or so), and I seemed to always have a TON of ergo, so you can pretty quickly do an effective balance build and also pump a ton into capacity for quick movement/rolls, or even pump up advance for the elemental stuff.

I noticed that while re-speccing and letting weight go to 79%. I was pumping attack power and noticed 40 is when Technique stops consistently gaining decent (+2 or 3) boosts every level. It's usually +1 attack per level after that, with a +2 maybe every 5-6 levels. This seems like a game where the first 20 or so levels of any stat give the most gain and then the gains drop off after 40, so it actually behooves you to spread stat distribution around once you have the essentials (HP and attack power) at a good point.

I'm probably gonna start leveling stamina, cause I never put a single point into it and I seem to be running out constantly now.

What's the correct choice on the yes/no?

Last thing I did last night was get the Twin Dragon Sword. That's gonna be my weap for the rest. So happy

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What's the correct choice on the yes/no?

Last thing I did last night was get the Twin Dragon Sword. That's gonna be my weap for the rest. So happy

You don't give up the heart, which I'm pretty sure is no. The one guy's saying you don't always get the choice, but I'm pretty sure he's wrong about that.

And it's the end of the world, but it does feel more like you're punished with missing a boss more than Bloodborne where you're rewarded for doing a bunch of extra things to get a bonus

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You don't give up the heart, which I'm pretty sure is no. The one guy's saying you don't always get the choice, but I'm pretty sure he's wrong about that.

And it's the end of the world, but it does feel more like you're punished with missing a boss more than Bloodborne where you're rewarded for doing a bunch of extra things to get a bonus

I'll make sure I do that.

I think I'm close to the end. If I'm not mistaken I have two areas left and
four? bosses left (gank squad, malenia-lite, simon manus, nameless puppet are, I think, the only things I haven't beaten)
The last thing I did was the gank squad and it totally obliterated me.

Was considering doing the platinum (which would take an entire second run to get all the boss weapons) but I gotta say the game really started to drag in the third act. Tons of status effects and general tedious stuff going on. It's doing what FF16 did where I had fun for 75% of the game and then the last part diminished the whole thing so by the end I was more than ready to just quickly move on.

It's a good game regardless. Seemed like an S-tier game and I was pleasantly surprised by it, but at this point I'm gonna say it's an A- or B+ tier soulslike. It's waaaay ahead of most of the genre but it has some pretty glaring flaws that show themselves towards the end.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20231004_183104.jpg

After all the "Laxasia took 50 tries" talk online I expected a Malenia level threat. Well, this was my first try, she had less than one hit left. I was so pissed. Got her a few tries later.

20231004_183116.jpg

Endgame stats. Technique soft-capped at 38, Vitality would have soft-capped at 30. Some more Vigor would have been great. 27 Capacity was enough to equip the four amulets I wanted and the best defensive stuff I found. Level 81 altogether.

Really good game. Last dungeon took forever and the last few areas dragged a bit, but I liked playing this and I'm there day one for the sequel.

As for the sequel...

Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz has a ton of potential for being a dystopia, considering what a great real-world allegory it is already

spronk

FPS noob
finished this week as well, got all the trophies except 3 (cheese scum a few final dialogue options to get a few your-choice-matters trophies) and really, really enjoyed the game. Its interesting rajaah went full technique build, i went full motivity / bigass sword build and had no issues with most bosses, although the last two were pretty annoying.

I really enjoyed the game but also felt like I didn't understand much of the story, I don't really understand who the fuck the butter fly chick is, who the cricket is, whats the deal with jepetto, who the mystery people are at the end, what exactly all the phases of Ergo transformation are, what is going on in the "fucked up" ending, on and on. I have to watch a few lore videos or something, I did enjoy the world and setting and vibe, had a bit of a Dishonored thing going on.

gameplay was also very satisfying and simple, I never felt overwhelmed with choices or anything and like any dark souls game the story is what you pull out, you aren't constantly infodumped by Narrating Nancy.

I think you gotta do NG+ to 100% the game so I might try that, heard the bosses are definitely harder in NG+ so that'll be interesting. I did miss one or two key story beats by choosing the wrong dialogue options so it'll be neat to see what changes there

The dev more or less confirmed a DLC is coming from a job posting, Lies of Popeye would be amazing lol but it'll be interesting to see if they continue with Krat, do the stinger character, or something else

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
finished this week as well, got all the trophies except 3 (cheese scum a few final dialogue options to get a few your-choice-matters trophies) and really, really enjoyed the game. Its interesting rajaah went full technique build, i went full motivity / bigass sword build and had no issues with most bosses, although the last two were pretty annoying.

I really enjoyed the game but also felt like I didn't understand much of the story, I don't really understand who the fuck the butter fly chick is, who the cricket is, whats the deal with jepetto, who the mystery people are at the end, what exactly all the phases of Ergo transformation are, what is going on in the "fucked up" ending, on and on. I have to watch a few lore videos or something, I did enjoy the world and setting and vibe, had a bit of a Dishonored thing going on.

gameplay was also very satisfying and simple, I never felt overwhelmed with choices or anything and like any dark souls game the story is what you pull out, you aren't constantly infodumped by Narrating Nancy.

I think you gotta do NG+ to 100% the game so I might try that, heard the bosses are definitely harder in NG+ so that'll be interesting. I did miss one or two key story beats by choosing the wrong dialogue options so it'll be neat to see what changes there

The dev more or less confirmed a DLC is coming from a job posting, Lies of Popeye would be amazing lol but it'll be interesting to see if they continue with Krat, do the stinger character, or something else

This is a pretty good and concise story/lore explanation. Spoilers obviously

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally tried this out on Game pass. Probably the best 1:1 clone of a fromsoft game so far from the combat to the setting and story. I like it.

However, what's the chance I can beat this before Lords of the Fallen tomorrow?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finally tried this out on Game pass. Probably the best 1:1 clone of a fromsoft game so far from the combat to the setting and story. I like it.

However, what's the chance I can beat this before Lords of the Fallen tomorrow?

Nonexistent, it took me around 35 hours to beat the game and I plowed through most of it quick too.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OK I'm retarded, how do I refresh the wishstone for the cube? It says recharges in storage or when I revive or visit a Stargazer but it never restores the charges.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
OK I'm retarded, how do I refresh the wishstone for the cube? It says recharges in storage or when I revive or visit a Stargazer but it never restores the charges.

You have to buy them from the vendor using the gold coin tree currency. Any in your storage will refresh the cube.

• 1Like