Lies of P (Souls-like)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

This review mentions a couple times how similar it is to Bloodborne, even concludes that if you're futilly waiting for a Bloodborne 2, this is your game.

I really should get it.
Typical journo, thinking a mob mechanic is a bug. The dog you see disappear as he hits it, is meant to do that, they reappear moments later.

Edit: Also...
The after credit scene is 100% setup for a DLC, and it could be even more interesting.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've heard quite a bit about Bloodborne but never played it. My only Souls experience is Elden Ring, which I thought was incredible.

The gameplay footage of Lies of P seems similar enough to ER but I'm wondering if it's worth a try for someone like me.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I've heard quite a bit about Bloodborne but never played it. My only Souls experience is Elden Ring, which I thought was incredible.

The gameplay footage of Lies of P seems similar enough to ER but I'm wondering if it's worth a try for someone like me.
Steam Christmas sale....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I'd probably go for Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne before this. They're proven commodities and you're lucky enough to have never played either.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure it's the Victorian look, which we all know Miyazaki invented

If you're seriously saying that stuff like this and Lords of the Fallen 2.0 aren't heavily, heavily derivative of Bloodborne...

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

• 1Seriously?

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I finally get it.

It's Souls Bioshock.

No wonder I get that nagging feeling of similar settings

• 1Truth!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
They really needed a better name ...

Yeah Dogg. I've talked about it with a few people and it feels so weird saying "Lies of P" out loud. We shorthanded it to "P" and that isn't much of an improvement.

Apparently the main character is indeed a guy. I wasn't sure.

Souls Bioshock sounds fuckin' tremendous.

The Levine/Miyazaki joint lawsuit will ensure we never get a Lies of P 2 though.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Random information, but:

Years ago the bassist for Weezer formed a band named The Rentals. Their first album has a song on it called Friends of P. I liked the first two albums but didn’t listen to much after that.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Random information, but:

Years ago the bassist for Weezer formed a band named The Rentals. Their first album has a song on it called Friends of P. I liked the first two albums but didn’t listen to much after that.

I wonder if this game's title is a reference to that song. It wouldn't be that unusual.

Since "P" is Pinocchio I wonder if this means we're going to get a giant hideous Pinocchio as the final boss, complete with giant lying nose.

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Interesting system in that you can take the "head" or striking region of any weapon and slap it on another handle (from any other weapon) to give it the handle weapon's moveset. So I got this huge wrench that does a butt ton of damage but is slow as fuck to swing with the original handle, and am going to slap it on a fast weapon handle. It looks stupid but should kick ass.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Interesting system in that you can take the "head" or striking region of any weapon and slap it on another handle (from any other weapon) to give it the handle weapon's moveset. So I got this huge wrench that does a butt ton of damage but is slow as fuck to swing with the original handle, and am going to slap it on a fast weapon handle. It looks stupid but should kick ass.

Seems like there should be a few ways to break the game with this kind of crafting variety. One review said something about weapon drops significantly outpacing what you could make yourself, though, so maybe not.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah Dogg. I've talked about it with a few people and it feels so weird saying "Lies of P" out loud. We shorthanded it to "P" and that isn't much of an improvement.

Apparently the main character is indeed a guy. I wasn't sure.

Souls Bioshock sounds fuckin' tremendous.

The Levine/Miyazaki joint lawsuit will ensure we never get a Lies of P 2 though.
Call it ‘Lies’ or ‘Lies of Pinocchio’ ?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
While I'm sure the gameplay overall is not quite as good, I like the way the animations look in this game way more than the FS games.

Goonsquad Officer
Heh vagrant story's concept without its retarded ass combat system.

I'm down for bioshock souls with vagrant weapons