Lies of P (Souls-like)

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Early game weapon mix feels like old school rpg with wooden stick+2. But main thing is to use a handle and stick to a specific scaling, ie str/motivity. Then there needs to be some point in end and capacity because you become overweight very suddenly early into the game.

Used the greatsword blade with the baton handle early because it gives 3 hit frontal slash. Some wide slashing handles looks quick but can kill you in tight spaces because it bounces off the wall,wtf.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Early game weapon mix feels like old school rpg with wooden stick+2. But main thing is to use a handle and stick to a specific scaling, ie str/motivity. Then there needs to be some point in end and capacity because you become overweight very suddenly early into the game.

Used the greatsword blade with the baton handle early because it gives 3 hit frontal slash. Some wide slashing handles looks quick but can kill you in tight spaces because it bounces off the wall,wtf.

Not far at all, but the wall bouncing is much more of a PITA in this than the From games.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You thought Pinocchio was a girl?

The main character = Pinocchio? Given the title I thought P would be the villain. Shows how little I know.

I see the Chalamet-ness now. He should join the Miyazaki-Levine class action lawsuit. The Tolkien Estate and Harlan Ellison Estate will probably also get in on it for some reason.

Heh vagrant story's concept without its retarded ass combat system.

I'm down for bioshock souls with vagrant weapons

Vagrant Story was such a cool game with such a bizarre and un-fun combat system. The story and dialogue and world were all really top-notch for the era. Going around an old French city with various dungeons was a great time until you had to fight anything major. The original Dark Souls kind of captured a lot of the same setting vibes as VS so that's cool.

Probably picking this up today. Dammit.

Caliane

The main character = Pinocchio? Given the title I thought P would be the villain. Shows how little I know.

I see the Chalamet-ness now. He should join the Miyazaki-Levine class action lawsuit. The Tolkien Estate and Harlan Ellison Estate will probably also get in on it for some reason.

Vagrant Story was such a cool game with such a bizarre and un-fun combat system. The story and dialogue and world were all really top-notch for the era. Going around an old French city with various dungeons was a great time until you had to fight anything major. The original Dark Souls kind of captured a lot of the same setting vibes as VS so that's cool.

Probably picking this up today. Dammit.
its on gamepass.

watching mauler play atm. man it looks so derivative. like, items are all direct copies from bloodborne, healing flask animation is a direct copy of dark souls/er consume.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
its on gamepass.

watching mauler play atm. man it looks so derivative. like, items are all direct copies from bloodborne, healing flask animation is a direct copy of dark souls/er consume.
Good! More games should copy good games.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Yeah the mini bosses and bosses all use extremely variable timed attacks where some will float around spinning for 5 minutes and then strike instantly, and with the tiny perfect parry window that can be pretty annoying. I definitely enjoyed Sekiro's system more, where enemies did less bullshit buildup before striking and it was more rhythmic. Still enjoying the game though.
Using a strength build and relying on parrying this go round, will probably try a skill build next and do more dodging.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the mini bosses and bosses all use extremely variable timed attacks where some will float around spinning for 5 minutes and then strike instantly, and with the tiny perfect parry window that can be pretty annoying. I definitely enjoyed Sekiro's system more, where enemies did less bullshit buildup before striking and it was more rhythmic. Still enjoying the game though.
Using a strength build and relying on parrying this go round, will probably try a skill build next and do more dodging.

So how tough is this game? Sekiro tough? Nioh tough? Elden Ring not-tough?

Want to play it, but just got off the SL1 Dark Souls run and really not up for a blistering challenge. A moderate one, sure.

joz123

Potato del Grande
The parry mechanic is way different in LoP. You hold block then let go instead of just pressing it. The parry window is longer than people think.

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So how tough is this game? Sekiro tough? Nioh tough? Elden Ring not-tough?

Want to play it, but just got off the SL1 Dark Souls run and really not up for a blistering challenge. A moderate one, sure.
Alot of small boss, mini boss, big boss, two phase boss but the world is pretty linear from what I see. Def a challenge but satisfying to progress and many body and weapon parts to cater to your style.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
The fuck? No wonder my parrying was dogshit.
Waynes World Yes GIF

spronk

FPS noob
The parry mechanic is way different in LoP. You hold block then let go instead of just pressing it. The parry window is longer than people think.

then what is a perfect parry? I got the achievement for it and I assumed it was just timing your parry right before a hit.

mostly i've been a dodge roll bitch in this game but thats worked miserably against bosses

joz123

Potato del Grande
then what is a perfect parry? I got the achievement for it and I assumed it was just timing your parry right before a hit.

mostly i've been a dodge roll bitch in this game but thats worked miserably against bosses
You can still pp either way but if you hold block first, at least if you don't pp then you will block and cut out some dmg.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I've seen reviews say that dodge rolls aren't great in this and that parrying is way more effective. Which is kinda rough for me because I'm a dodge roll enthusiast and have never really gotten into parry fundamentals (still haven't done Sekiro).

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I've seen reviews say that dodge rolls aren't great in this and that parrying is way more effective. Which is kinda rough for me because I'm a dodge roll enthusiast and have never really gotten into parry fundamentals (still haven't done Sekiro).

Dodge iframes are a lot less forgiving than Dark Souls for sure. Found sprinting in and out to bait attacks to be more effective