Life & Times at the American Office (L&TAO)

Hey gents, welcome to L&TAO.

i feel like my office needs more shennanigans. things feel kind of tense lately, but we're doing good work... it's an environment that needs a jokester.

i thought itd be funny if i start making people give me daps, and i start calling them player, pimpin, gangster and just make them start talking about me?

i figure group bonding at my behalf is what this office needs. they need a..

dark knight

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Hey gents, welcome to L&TAO.

i feel like my office needs more shennanigans. things feel kind of tense lately, but we're doing good work... it's an environment that needs a jokester.

i thought itd be funny if i start making people give me daps, and i start calling them player, pimpin, gangster and just make them start talking about me?

i figure group bonding at my behalf is what this office needs. they need a..

dark knight
don't be that guy

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm the jokester in my office, and I'm pretty much sure that it's screwed on any type of promotion and moving up. Everyone wants me in boring trainings, or loves going out to happy hour, but to hell if they take me seriously for any projects or otherwise.

So again... don't be that guy.
frown.png

What I do nowadays, with the same firm I've always been with (for those of you that know me) is train for Human Resources.

We basically are a bunch of creative misfits with masters degrees in finance... so things can be a little tense since it's fair to say we're being paid like corporate trainers.

I think our department has room for more fun, albeit maybe not this kind of fun

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
There are two offices that I can commute to. One is really sociable and fun (Nerf guns, pop a shot, movie days) but takes an hour to get to and requires a shitty train-to-bus transfer. It also has three total lunch options nearby - one of which is a fucking Subway. The other office is within walking distance of my home, has a shit load of lunch options, and has a badass panoramic view of the Bay. But it's full of antisocial engineers that are a bit unfriendly. If I didn't hate commute times so much it would almost be a predicament.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
You sound like the kind of guy who'd be fun to know as a friend, but who I'd fucking hate to death if you were my co-worker. When I've got shit to do, have a deadline or some other such thing then having to deal with pranks or jokes or anything pointless that gets in my way is a sure fire way to piss me off. The way we bond at my office is through lunch, coming together to eat cake just before quitting time when someone has a birthday, various scheduled activities throughout the year (grill day in the summer, Christmas brunch, annual coctail party, etc.) and occasional meetups. Sure, it's no party with nerf-guns, frape, booze at work and shit that I hear goes down at some of my friends work places, but fuck, I work for the government, so I consider this pretty good.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The office is for work. I have no desire to socialize with anyone I work with in-or-out of the office. I don't attend our corporate parties, happy hours, and other bullshit events. When people talk to me during work hours I cut it as short as possible unless it is related to work.

I already have friends. I don't need "friends" at work, too. I want to show up, get my shit done, collect my pay check, and go home and forget about everything and everyone at the office.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm close friends with quite a few co-workers. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.