Light No Fire - Hello Games

Cybsled

Fantasy NMS from looks of it - might be neat, curious to see how it differs from NMS overall

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I was about to post that. Not sure exactly what it but it looks cool and Hello Games has redeemed themselves in such spectacular fashion that I’m seriously looking forward to this. A fantasy No Man Sky could definitely be interesting.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Umm will this one have a point though?

• 2Picard
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
He said during the award show it's going to have it. People playing side by side unlike NMS at launch.

Article about the game:

Will there be vignettes of massive battle scenes that imply meaningful story and investment in the world that are completely fake and not actually in game though? I'm a bit concerned they might not hype this one up enough by making shit up.

• 1Salty
  • 1Picard
  • 1Moron

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Will there be vignettes of massive battle scenes that imply meaningful story and investment in the world that are completely fake and not actually in game though? I'm a bit concerned they might not hype this one up enough by making shit up.
Unlike NMS they have years of making and working NMS as experience now so I doubt they'd make stuff up for promotion(well besides the usual like having the game run on a 5k machine to max out all the effects and still get good framerates and shit like that that everyone does), especially after NMS launch. You'd have to be really fucking stupid to shoot yourself in the foot like that, and it's not like they really need to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Unlike NMS they have years of making and working NMS as experience now so I doubt they'd make stuff up for promotion(well besides the usual like having the game run on a 5k machine to max out all the effects and still get good framerates and shit like that that everyone does), especially after NMS launch. You'd have to be really fucking stupid to shoot yourself in the foot like that, and it's not like they really need to.
Yea they successfully defrauded all the customers from their first purchase so we should have no worries, the key word there is success!

• 4Picard
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 4 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yea they successfully defrauded all the customers from their first purchase so we should have no worries, the key word there is success!
You'd have a point if they hadn't spent the next 5 years releasing free updates to the game adding more and more content. But if you don't want to trust the hype and not preorder the game? Then good, you shouldn't, ever. Just wait until the game releases and see what's in it via streamers/other players' opinion(and obviously not the gaming press) and then figure out if it's worth buying or not.

I'd sooner trust Hello Games with releasing a good game now than a lot of studios that shit out the same game every year and still somehow manage to fuck it up every now and then. Even though yeah launch NMS was an atrocity. I guess I'm not as scarred because I couldn't care less about the hype at the time and didn't buy the game until like 4years in when it was actually good though.

• 6Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
You'd have a point if they hadn't spent the next 5 years releasing free updates to the game adding more and more content. But if you don't want to trust the hype and not preorder the game? Then good, you shouldn't, ever. Just wait until the game releases and see what's in it via streamers/other players' opinion(and obviously not the gaming press) and then figure out if it's worth buying or not.

I'd sooner trust Hello Games with releasing a good game now than a lot of studios that shit out the same game every year and still somehow manage to fuck it up every now and then. Even though yeah launch NMS was an atrocity. I guess I'm not as scarred because I couldn't care less about the hype at the time and didn't buy the game until like 4years in when it was actually good though.
I mean lots of people made money off of Madoff and Enron and everything else.

• 2Picard
  • 1Salty
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 4 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Cool story, Bro. You not knowing shit about shit is always enlightening

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Cool story, Bro. You not knowing shit about shit is always enlightening

Yea ok bro keep sucking the long schlong of early access lies. Companies shouldn't be punished for a little fabrication and false advertising here and there!

• 2Picard
  • 1Dislike

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Yea ok bro keep sucking the long schlong of early access lies. Companies shouldn't be punished for a little fabrication and false advertising here and there!

All you do is post the same gloom and doom bullshit in every thread like you're an emo teenage girl. Grow some fucking balls ffs

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
All you do is post the same gloom and doom bullshit in every thread like you're an emo teenage girl. Grow some fucking balls ffs

Yes, that's right, stating facts that this company repeatedly misrepresented and lied about its first product repeatedly and then 'magnanimously' spent 5 additional years after release keeping their 'word' is "gloom and doom". In a normal functioning industry they would have been put out of business because no one would have bought their trash product.

• 1Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Hello Games righty faced a TON of shit for how much they over promised and under delivered on NMS.

Conversely, they rightly get a ton of praise for how well they turned it all around and have provided 10 YEARS of consistent, free updates.

They've done far, far more than most developers do in today's gaming world and that should be supported IMO.

• 13Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 13 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yes, that's right, stating facts that this company repeatedly misrepresented and lied about its first product repeatedly and then 'magnanimously' spent 5 additional years after release keeping their 'word' is "gloom and doom". In a normal functioning industry they would have been put out of business because no one would have bought their trash product.

Oh, thought you were being emo. Turns out you're just retarded

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
and then 'magnanimously' spent 5 additional years after release keeping their 'word'

They're basically the only fucking studio in history to have done this, of course they deserve recognition.

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
(timed for start at the actual story)

Made 3 years ago, since then they've added how many extra updates? 5-6?

Was watching when they made the announcement for this game on the game awards and it was actually kind of amusing. "Oh no, he is doing it again!". On stage, awkward as ever, again saying they're doing something nobody has done with a massive scope featuring a great trailer.

Though, when watching the video above (really paints a good picture of the "saga" of No Mans Sky, the studio and the head of it) it kind of makes me think there is no way they would over deliver for lack of a better term, again. As in, from "this is what our game is" I'd trust Hello Games now more than say Rockstar delivering the visuals of the current trailer on PS5/Xbox in 2025 (my guess is that GTA6 will have as much as a downgrade from the current trailer as The Witcher 3 had from initial trailer drop to launch).

Meanwhile, if anything (based on said history above) I think Hello Games are far more likely to tone things down. They've taken an overwhelmingly negatively reviewed game up to very positive and won multiple awards years after release. You don't toss away that goodwill/respect as a studio on doing another "No Mans Sky", which is still synonymous when talking about games with over-delivering/outright lying about what a game will feature at launch.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
(timed for start at the actual story)

Made 3 years ago, since then they've added how many extra updates? 5-6?

Was watching when they made the announcement for this game on the game awards and it was actually kind of amusing. "Oh no, he is doing it again!". On stage, awkward as ever, again saying they're doing something nobody has done with a massive scope featuring a great trailer.

Though, when watching the video above (really paints a good picture of the "saga" of No Mans Sky, the studio and the head of it) it kind of makes me think there is no way they would over deliver for lack of a better term, again. As in, from "this is what our game is" I'd trust Hello Games now more than say Rockstar delivering the visuals of the current trailer on PS5/Xbox in 2025 (my guess is that GTA6 will have as much as a downgrade from the current trailer as The Witcher 3 had from initial trailer drop to launch).

Meanwhile, if anything (based on said history above) I think Hello Games are far more likely to tone things down. They've taken an overwhelmingly negatively reviewed game up to very positive and won multiple awards years after release. You don't toss away that goodwill/respect as a studio on doing another "No Mans Sky", which is still synonymous when talking about games with over-delivering/outright lying about what a game will feature at launch.
I wouldn't trust anyone, much less them. It's good they've put effort into fixing their fraud game, but awards from the corrupt VIDJA industry are meaningless and time isn't free. It's also still a pointless sandbox inventory sim that relies on the novelty of being "very big". In that sense it's a proto Starfield, pointless procedural novelty.

I'm very negative of the survival genre because it's been the same trash for decades. At some point they need to be developed into a game, at least with some meta progression. Valheim perhaps almost accomplished this, but everything since has been boring rehash.

All I see so far is the same "look at the wonder" procedural shit and it will inevitably be tied to basic bitch survival gameplay. Yawn.

• 1Salty