Lilyhammer

Brad2770

Looked for a thread and didnt see it (famous last words).

I skipped the first season of this because it looked cheesy, but wanted something new to watch and needed something gangster. I am 3 episodes in an its a pretty decent show. My only complaint is how Frank can understand what they are saying when they are not speaking English (for the most part). Anyway, if you liked the Sopranos, you should check it out.

Season 2 trailer

Spork

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I watched the first episode and it wasn't too bad.

I couldn't watch any more than that because there was too much foreign language / subtitles.

That's my issue, not the show's. I've developed a horrible habit of constantly surfing the web or playing games while watching TV and that's pretty hard to do when you need to keep your eyes glued to the screen to read what's going on. It's sad I know, but it takes a really amazing show to get me to put down the tablet and give it my 100% attention nowadays. =/

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
It's pretty cheesy. Just cause it has Sylvio doesn't mean that "if you liked the Sopranos you will like this". It's just a euro, fish out of water story with a stereotypical, American gangster character as the lead.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
First season was great, and I'm liking season two about the same. It's definitely nothing like The Sopranos though, no arguments there. I think they do a good job of making the show funny without turning Frank into too much of a caricature.

S02E06 was missing its subtitles though, and I had to watch it with closed captioning instead. Pretty annoying, so I put off the last two episodes until tomorrow. Hopefully the problem was just with that one and not all of 6-8.

Brad2770

I wasnt exactly comparing this to the Sopranos. Just merely saying if you liked it, you should like this.

I am up to S2E2 and it is still pretty good. The comedy is good for sure.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Where can one find the season 2 episodes considering said person has checked the usual places (like ipt).

Medain_sl

shitlord
I watched the 1st season of this last year I guess, its a reasonably amusing/interesting show but if your expecting american levels of violence,obscenity, or crudity you wont find it. I was wondering if they were going to do a 2nd season, will have to check it out.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Where can one find the season 2 episodes considering said person has checked the usual places (like ipt).
If you manage to spoof your IP address to a Norwegian one, you can watch it all online from NRK.no

NRK TV - Lilyhammer - 1:8

Public pays for that channel with a mandatory fee for everyone who has a TV, so everything they do is free to Norwegian citizens. Illegal for them to have commercials as well, so if you get it to work, it works well. It will only be online for two more weeks though.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
or netflix?

or I guess not from the us huh. How do you people LIVE?!
we get by ...

3183642154.png
3183608118.png

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This show is apparently a Netflix original? That's what it says on my Netflix account as this is showing up in my featured list at the top of my Netflix home page. Guess I'll have to check it out.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
This show is apparently a Netflix original? That's what it says on my Netflix account as this is showing up in my featured list at the top of my Netflix home page. Guess I'll have to check it out.
Also, good thing about this series is that there is little to no product placement in it. I remember they canceled the original air date of the show, and had to rework every episode in the first season to edit out all the product placements. Show is made as a collaborative effort between Netflix, the official Norwegian TV station and some other TV stations from Denmark I think. Product placements are illegal here so they had to cancel all the product placement deals before the show was aired.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Product placement doesn't bother me at all. It bothers me more when they all use some non-existant generic brand. That sticks out b/c it's obviously fake. Coke cans are ubiquitous, and characters should be able to drink a fucking coke.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Finally got around to watching season 2. Pretty good, entertaining for sure. I liked season 1 more though, I think because we got to see more of Norway and stuff. Always wanted to go to Scandinavia. Anyway, for those on the fence, its got 2 pretty solid seasons behind it now.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm about finished with season one and it has been an entertaining show, never really laugh out loud funny but amusing from time to time. My only real gripe with it is that each episode, for the most part, follows the same formula of Frank being a thug and throwing his weight around whenever there is a problem/inconvenience and then getting away with it. I know it's not supposed to be serious but its kept me from watching more than one episode every few days.

Apart from that it's enjoyable and seeing/learning about some of Norway is pretty neat.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
I finished watching both seasons the day after Christmas. I liked the first season better than the second, but it's still good. It has it's quirks, and it is tongue-in-cheek, but it's a decent show with some good laughs here and there. Tolgeir is fucking funny. He's the real star of the show.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
And to the guy who complained about Frank understanding the language: in the first episode he explains his father was from Norway and that's why can understand but not speak Norwegian.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
And to the guy who complained about Frank understanding the language: in the first episode he explains his father was from Norway and that's why can understand but not speak Norwegian.
That was part of Franks cover story, and how he could get Norwegian citizenship so quickly. Normally getting citizenship in Norway takes years. Frank's surname is Tagliano, which sure as shit isn't a Norwegian name.

Most of the first season he's listening to tapes and shit so he has probably picked up enough so he can understand people. Plus, learning Norwegian is a requirement of becoming a citizen.