Lineage 2 Official Classic Server opens Oct 3 2018

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does crafting items still have a flat 20/40% chance of just destroying everything you've gotten?

Ripster

Molten Core Raider
Ah gotcha. Yea leveling really hasn't been bad so far, I'm guessing that's because these simple quests that give 70k + exp were added at some point much later in the games life.

I keep hearing about being starved for shots but so far I haven't hit that point, when I do it may stop being fun and I may give it up - but for now I'm still having a blast (likely because I don't know any better ha).

I feel like a lot of the big issues being brought up since Friday will get looked at Monday morning - the biggest being that the game fucking crashes as soon as you get to the end of the logon que, unless you have VIP, lol. They must be maing some kind of money on this thing and would be pretty stupid to ignore the demand this thing's got.

I did some "raid trains" and boy that was something. 300+ people running from one outdoor raid mob to the next and bickering over like 2 or 3 pieces of loot that dropped, good times. Also the amount of people afk fishing in that one village is hilarious. I'll try to get some screenshots today.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you have VIP, leveling isn't so bad. You will run out of SS though, and be unable to afford to buy NG SS from the game vendors since adena drops are so low. Dunno what level you and your friends are, but if you're still below 25, might as well go to the Dark Elf village and get the Spider quest (sweetest venom, from Astaron, behind the Grovery building. Run that quest until 25 or longer. The quest text says the reward is 1k adena, but it is really 3.2k.

The best No Grade weapons cost 292k, while the best D-grade weapons cost 2m+, the lowest D-grade is 490k... but you won't be buying D-grade SS from players, keep that in mind. At 25 you can do a quest to get a set of D-grade armor (you'll get a prompt when you hit 25). I would just farm the spider quest until they go dark blue, there are 3 types of spiders in the area for the quest; Prowlers (lowest), Giant Venomous, and Arachnid Tracker (highest, but they spam poison). Try to buy that top NG weapon, then go farm for a D-grade weapon somewhere.

Biggest dick move by NCsoft is locking your VIP status to the server you spend coin on, so your characters on other servers will not have VIP unless you spend more coin there.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
loved this game for the pvp but yeah the leveling was brutal, need a bot or a team to account share around the clock to even think about hittin 60, lol 70 will take forever. i played a lot of private L2 servers that had faster leveling so it was a ton of fun. usually went silver ranger or phantom ranger (for dat one shot). maybe ill check it out. always had a mystic friend with me tho, dem buffs.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, you can run up to 3 clients if you really want. Lots of people have buff / mana boxes running with them.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Can someone tell me why Russians love this game? I check the Lineage II twitch channel once in a while and it's all Russian streamers/RMT sites.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Private servers, with all kinds of hacks enabled. Free to play. No IP block. Can be played on potato computers. Only reasons I can think as to why Rus / BR's love. Oh, and of course large scale pvp to brag about.

Edit: I'm kinda surprised that Twitch hosts streams from private servers, which are illegal? Couldn't NCSoft ask Twitch to not host such streams?

Ripster

Molten Core Raider
Up to 32 on main and I started a 2nd box buffer class and still having fun.

The russian streams have got to be smurfing their numbers, 700+ people as soon as they go live yet no ones talking.

I've been streaming myself and there are very few english streamers it seems, so a little community has popped up and is actually really helpful and cool in chat. /brooklynjesus if anyone wants to hang afternoon to late-night PST usually.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been watching you without realzing you posted here til now, lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ripster

Molten Core Raider
Pretty interesting mix in chat, learning a lot from the old school L2 players. I feel like the real fun of this game comes from the end game pvp drama. Hope I last long enough to see it, so far so good tho.

Ripster

Molten Core Raider
As one of the opening events, there were slightly harder mobs around popular grinding areas. The weird part is they awarded you a buff when they died, which would give you a loot crate when it wore off 9 min later. Well that's not weird, just an unusual mechanic for an event mob.

The weird part is that it gave this buff to every motherfucker in a 3 mile radius. Enter massive piles of boxes reaping free shit 24/7. It legit took me 5 minutes to load all the players in this screenshot after I logged on, rendering like 3 a second while i had a real laugh. Nerfed tomorrow by - get this - changing the spawn time on the event mobs from 20min to 24hours. Har har

Shot00001.png

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My two clients are sitting there now until maintenance, maybe I'll get lucky when opening the chests tomorrow.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
i remember when they had the private store dupe bug, made 4.5million adena in one night, went to bed to sell it in the morning and got banned before i woke! good times. aint got the time to level a char now but ill prob wait and buy an account if its a secure thing to buy these days

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
What's NCSofts stance on multiboxing? Is it still bannable?
Is it possible to multibox on one PC or does gameguard prevent that?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They have always allowed boxing, but in the past you had to pay for the other boxes. Now you don't. You have a total of 3 clients open per PC (probably IP as well). It is lame, but boxing has become soooo integral to the game that it is too late to do anything about. This Classic version is as infested with bots as any other version, and you can see people using multiple PC's with multiple clients running using some sort of setup that allows them to automate actions between clients. There is a post in their forums showing a video of such clients running around with their nukers casting in sync, and those characters are still in game.

In one of the low level Elf areas there around 14 bots, not grouped, and probably being ran by one or more people using a script that tells the client where to go (along the exact same path between quest mobs and quest npc). This group has been doing this non-stop (aside from server restarts) for over a week (just adding in new characters since the quest is limited to 50/week/account).

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I remember L2 bots, probably easy to find too. With buff bots I'd be going treasure hunter or phantom ranger, get that boom head shot one hit kill with buff bots. Great for the lulz.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I can't get multibox on the one PC to work any more. When I have one client online, any 2nd one i try to log in gets greeted with a 'you have been disconnected' window when i enter the game. Trying to find a solution for that at the moment.

edit: it was caused by my AV interfering with xigncode3.. all good now!

Last edited: