Lineage Eternal

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nabi

Trakanon Raider
Tried the tablet cloud gaming version, it was laggy as shit and the controls didn't work well. The NCSoft booth had 100+ PCs setup and there was a 2hr line for the 30min demo. The tablet setup was the same demo and it never had a line. When I went and tried it, the people next to me left after a few minutes.

As far as the game, it was pretty with good animation but nothing really special. I was hoping it would have a skill combo'ing/chaining system like Blade and Soul and some of the recent Korean hack and slash games, but the skills were pretty bland.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
Dynamic Dungeon Feature

I will spend the morning updating the main post with all of the information available to date. I will post again when the update is complete.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So a D3 ripoff ? It doesn't look too bad, but they will find a way to fuck it up, either by pay2win or by ridiculous grind.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still really looking forward to it while I remain blissfully ignorant of how they will asian it up.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah they mentionned beta in the west for 2015 and planned world release for 2016, so it's not that close yet, but they are definitely porting it. I'll take a Diablo clone tbh, they're not that common and generally are fun even the less polished ones like Van Helsing. At least I find them fun. This one also looks gorgeous so that's nice, maybe.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah they mentionned beta in the west for 2015 and planned world release for 2016, so it's not that close yet, but they are definitely porting it. I'll take a Diablo clone tbh, they're not that common and generally are fun even the less polished ones like Van Helsing. At least I find them fun. This one also looks gorgeous so that's nice, maybe.
I'm with you on that, a good Diablo clone would be fun. I am kinda looking forward to this and Lost Ark, both are Korean though, so I always expect something to be totally fucked up in otherwise gorgeous games and kinda fun...but always one fucked up thing in them.
smile.png

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
True enough. I'll definitely give this a look. The make or break for me are classes. If the classes are cool and fun, I'm in.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Looks to be fun, could definitely see pouring lots of hours into this if done well

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So it looks to be what D3 should have been with a very real random dungeon generation system. If the classes are actually fun and they allow for trading, I will certainly take a look at this. The graphics look nice enough.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I played the shit out of Lineage 2 (yes i'm that sadistic asshole), I mean shit, I STILL fuck around on Lineage 2 private shards and it's a blast. PVP system is fun, town/fort control is fun, game is still simple enough that I can afk farm while I watch a movie or whatever.

Kinda curious how this will play out, as I have paid almost 0 attention to it, but will def give it a try I think.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont know how serious I would be with it given my last attempts at Lineage being very grindy experiences. But I am interested to see what they do with the PVP for this. I remember having fun as a kid playing Ultima Online.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
Some more information on the game:

1. Everything that I have read is basically "Diablo 3 MMO"
2. Core gameplay will be dungeon hack and slash in randomized instanced dungeons...no healers, no tanks, etc.
3. Secondary gameplay will be overland PVP with an emphasis on typical Korean territorial control (Castle Sieges, Guild progression, etc.)
4. 50 is max level, with unlimited Paragon level system, ala Diablo 3 so unlimited advancement in a MMO setting.

Basically, its a MMO where you roll around solo or in a small group destroying everything in PvE getting random loot and crafting materials, then you group with your guild to destroy other clans/pk.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Is the typical Korean progression of doing +1 on weapons/armour with a chance of losing it forever in this game?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I played the shit out of Lineage 2 (yes i'm that sadistic asshole), I mean shit, I STILL fuck around on Lineage 2 private shards and it's a blast. PVP system is fun, town/fort control is fun, game is still simple enough that I can afk farm while I watch a movie or whatever.

Kinda curious how this will play out, as I have paid almost 0 attention to it, but will def give it a try I think.
I haven't played in ages, but I still remember waking up at 4am to grab seeds from the castle vendor and seeding mobs killed by bot trains to finance my new set of armor. The grand ideas with castle control and politics were awesome, the gameplay itself combined with rampant botting... not so much. Soulshots were fucking retarded mechanic. I'm still impressed by the screenshots when I realize that the game is running on Unreal 2 engine.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
Is the typical Korean progression of doing +1 on weapons/armour with a chance of losing it forever in this game?
The videos all look like Diablo 3 itemization (same color scheme, everything). Not sure if they are doing the enchant system with the Korean style gambling for +1s, but I would expect they will do something along those lines since it is a staple of every Lineage game.

I sadly feel that this game may end up being the last MMO that I play. I still log into Diablo every once in a while to slaughter mobs for some mindless fun while chatting over vent with my friends. The core gameplay of just slaughtering heaps and heaps of skeletons is fun in an odd, relaxing kinda way. Add unlimited advancement and it just seems to fit what I am looking for in a MMO right now. Even though I still play games a lot, I think I am just over the "skill vs reward" trial and error approach to encounter design. I just want to kinda chill out and having a permanent character I can keep around and get into in a world.

I think the rumors of worldwide release of this game are not true. There are further interviews where the Devs talk about shipping the game to China "soon...like 6 months" after release, which makes the original reports of a worldwide release false. Also, the game will undoubtedly do much better in Korea than it will in the US, so I am thinking of just perma playing it in Korea. From what I understand, Korea dropped the whole KSSN requirement around 2012 due to some data breach issues with gaming companies, so you more easily make an account that is playable there.

Any Koreans able to confirm or deny how hard it is to make a NC Soft account without a Korean KSSN or a Korean mobile number? I'd like to have a perma account actually in my name with my contact information instead of buying one from NewGameWay if at all possible.