LitRPG

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Reborn apocalypse is pretty good.

Not sure what all you’ve read, but my favorites in the genre are dungeon crawler carl and ripple system. Ripple system is a VR MMO one so stakes are ultimately pretty low in the grand scheme of things, but it’s just a really fun read

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Now i have to decide what to read next.

Options on the table:

• Finishing book 1 of azerinth healer
  • Read the last few books of the ritualist
  • Path of ascension
  • The Land
  • Reborn apocalypse
  • System Change

Any other recommendations along the same lines are welcome.
Azarinth Healer is reasonably good after the rocky start, but I found myself slowly slipping away, and then simply stopped after a while (I have no idea how edited the AMZ version is vs the original Royal Road one).
Ritualist has been declining steadily from what I heard about the series (I skipped over the book 3 and following).
The Land, as commented, is up, down, up, CRASHANDBURNBABY.
Reborn Apocalypse is also heading down with number four (and last). The author had a big problem with book 3, which he took down to entirely rewrite, then took years to produce #4 which is a mess. It sits at 11% read on my kindle app, and I have had zero motivation to pick it up again, so I think I won't finish the series.

No comment on PoA or System Change, haven't read them.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I went with system change. Fun so far. Different start for litrpg than I've seen. What's funny is I'm enjoying the verrrry start of the ability bloat that got so tiresome in defiance of the fall. Im a sucker for this garbage.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Now i have to decide what to read next.

Options on the table:

• Finishing book 1 of azerinth healer
  • Read the last few books of the ritualist
  • Path of ascension
  • The Land
  • Reborn apocalypse
  • System Change

Any other recommendations along the same lines are welcome.
I question your sanity about still wanting to read DotF, but I'm going to give it one more chance too I guess.

I sort of lost interest in Ritualist, and as previously discussed I read the first Azerinth Healer but have zero compulsion to read more. Or even remember what I read.

I cannot reiterate what the others have already said about The Land any harder. It has some absolutely fantastic segments. Then it sucks so bad, and the author is such a smug cunt, that you actually want to murder him. So if you can stop one or two books before the end, and never read any author's notes or peripheral stuff from him, you will love it and just have to pretend it is still awaiting more.

I really enjoy Path of Ascension. It isn't top tier like DCC or Ripple, but it is solid and I like all of the characters, the system, etc. And it has not in any way shape or form gotten bogged down in cultivation bullshit like DotF.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I went with system change. Fun so far. Different start for litrpg than I've seen. What's funny is I'm enjoying the verrrry start of the ability bloat that got so tiresome in defiance of the fall. Im a sucker for this garbage.
If you haven't read it yet, I strongly suggest giving Overgeared a try. It's a very involved web novel about a guy that plays the worlds best VR MMO and is terrible at it, only to eventually become pretty good. Great characters all around. Good battle sequences, good plot. Fantastic story. The book keeps evolving into things that you think might suck, but end up being interesting. Random callbacks to older events, but the story just keeps moving forward.

I have every chapter in Microsoft Word documents, or .mobi files for an ereader. I'd be happy to put them up again on my google drive after I get home.

Aside from that, you can read it on the licensed translation site here:

You're given 1 free chapter every 23 hours. The first 20 chapters are free, but the book was very weak until about chapter 100 due to the jealousy the MC has about virtually everyone else that can actually play the game while he sucks at it.

It strongly picks up from there.
Currently 2110 "free" chapters, with 4 released per week. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I really enjoy Path of Ascension. It isn't top tier like DCC or Ripple, but it is solid and I like all of the characters, the system, etc. And it has not in any way shape or form gotten bogged down in cultivation bullshit like DotF.
I dropped PoA awhile back myself. I’m not going to say it’s bad or question why some like it, but I eventually just found the complete lack of narrative tension to make it boring.

The MCs are never in any danger by default, and it never is a question on if they will win whatever they are doing, but if they will have to show any of their actual powers to do so.