Lobo (DC)

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
THIS GUY FUCHS!
rrr_img_128930.jpg

Column_sl

shitlord
I doubt they will use the new 52 version. Everyone hates that version, and I believe he is getting retconned with the new DC launch.

We had the Lobo discussion already in the Deadpool thread so not re-treading this shit again other then I was right about DC jumping on the R rated bandwagon with Lobo.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Does Lobo have a backstory besides killing Santa?
Killed his entire race so he could be special and the last czarnian. (well he thought he did. His 2nd grade teacher was off world?) He himself is pretty much unkillable. Bounty Hunter that gives no fucks. Will just kill everything in his path to get his job done. Rides a space "Harley". Uses a meat hook with a chain as his weapon of choices. Not the brightest guy, but makes up for it with his sociopathic nature. Loves dolphins.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I always thought he was corny as hell but I loved Bisley's art. Will check it out for sure.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's a movie I really want to see made. But inside I'm thinking their going to fuck it up.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I always thought he was corny as hell but I loved Bisley's art. Will check it out for sure.
Corny in different ways at different times, has always been my take. The original spandex"every drop of blood will create another Lobo clone"that ran into Mr Miracle and some of those other clowns was AMAZINGLY corny, but the Bisley version was probably corny in it's own way too. The whole"The Main Man always keeps his word"thing was also bizarre. What? Why...I mean seriously, why? I guess it gave writers another macguffin to rope Lobo into various storylines; as one example from Lobo's Back:
His promise to Vril Dox to bring in Miss Tribb 'alive' was hilarious. Cut her legs off so she couldn't get away, then once she's been delivered technically alive? He snaps her neck.
I think that Bisley's art made a lot of the accompanying stories palpable, but I don't think they would have been otherwise. Storywise I always liked the LEGION stuff with him, and a few other issues around. The Eclipso version where he got possessed in the hotel (?) wasn't bad, but good lord the rest of that was corny as hell.

Googling around I guess in later issues (well after I stopped comics) someone gave him his"regen/clone from his own blood"power back? Fucking writers, LOL.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
His promise to Vril Dox to bring in Miss Tribb 'alive' was hilarious. Cut her legs off so she couldn't get away, then once she's been delivered technically alive? He snaps her neck.
I don't think that killed her did it? She is czarnian after all.

Here were all the concepts of Lobo before they settled on the new crap model. (2nd one from left).

rrr_img_129118.jpg

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I don't think that killed her did it? She is czarnian after all.
I just went with it. The only reason he was immortal in some of the comics was that Heaven and Hell didn't want to take him after he died, so he literally couldn't pass on. But a lot of the backstory for Lobo's continuity makes even less sense than most other comics...and that's really saying a lot.

Here were all the concepts of Lobo before they settled on the new crap model. (2nd one from left).

rrr_img_129118.jpg
IMHO they handled that so poorly. They had to know that the 52 Lobo redesign was a risk. It should have been set up so that both Lobos existed and fought each other for longer so they could have gauged the reception. And then when fans pretty much rejected the new Lobo, they should have had the 52 Lobo "beat" the classic (end of an issue) only for the next issue to pick up with classic Lobo coming unhinged (full-on Hulk mode), mopping the floor with this d-bag version, and then maybe even have him in such a state that he starts wrecking everything is sight.