Lockwood & Co.

Caliane

5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Lockwood & Co.

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2023-01-27

Creator: Joe Cornish

Cast: Ruby Stokes, Cameron Chapman, Ali Hadji-Heshmati

Overview: A girl with extraordinary psychic abilities joins two gifted teen boys at a small ghost-hunting agency to fight the many deadly spirits haunting London.

Caliane

Fantastic alt UK young adult show on netflix. Having a hard time coming up with a good comparison.

ghosts are real, and can kill people. event happened in the 20s to cause it, seemingly. teenagers are sensitive and can see or hear them, to combat them. doesn't pull punches, people die.

blew through all 6 episodes back to back.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
same, binged through it as well.
good balance in the stories, 2 main ones for the season, so their not too drawn out but not over too quickly either.

also, this show isn't really a good comparison either but worth checking out also. Another UK YA Fantasy series. sadly already cancelled but the first season was good enough to be worth a watch:
The Bastard Son & The Devil Himself

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Overview: A girl
No Way Bounce GIF

• 2Worf
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, now I have to watch this as this appears to be getting through the FOH review filter.

• 3Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

You're missing out. Though all the characters suck really bad at what they're supposed to be good at early on, the visuals, story and setting are really well done. Not a YA thing as people are offed left and right.

I'm sad there's only 6 episodes QQ

Caliane

yeah, the world building and attention to detail is fantastic. It sets up rules for the ghosts, and follows them. both in practice, and consideration of effects on culture.
old school ghost rules btw. running water, doorframes, iron, salt, etc. 1920's pagan occultism. peak lovecraft/howard period.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The problem I have with this is not the show itself. Its the sad fact that every time I watch this kind of show I am always comparing it too Supernatural. The rules are similar.

A nice twist on the idea of humans having sensitivity to the existence that loses power as they age. The settings are done well enough. I am looking forward to more explanations revolving around why the world changed.

It has not grabbed me but I will watch a few more as I always enjoy these kinds of shows.

The Bastard Son and the Devil Himself grabbed me faster.

Really?

I am sorry that this lacks two men falling in love with sex scenes. Not every show has to be current agenda.

If it is because only men should be involved against the Supernatural, well the 1950's called and they want their Agenda back.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The problem I have with this is not the show itself. Its the sad fact that every time I watch this kind of show I am always comparing it too Supernatural. The rules are similar.

A nice twist on the idea of humans having sensitivity to the existence that loses power as they age. The settings are done well enough. I am looking forward to more explanations revolving around why the world changed.

It has not grabbed me but I will watch a few more as I always enjoy these kinds of shows.

The Bastard Son and the Devil Himself grabbed me faster.

Really?

I am sorry that this lacks two men falling in love with sex scenes. Not every show has to be current agenda.

If it is because only men should be involved against the Supernatural, well the 1950's called and they want their Agenda back.
Anything having a “strong female character“ is trash these days and is full of agenda. Nope!

• 2Picard
  • 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Anything having a “strong female character“ is trash these days and is full of agenda. Nope!

While I get your anger at the tendency of modern shows to race swap / have an invincible know it all female lead, this is far FAR from it. All 3 leads get pretty much equal time. I'm surprised there isn't OUTRAGE(tm) that all 3 are white :p

Correction to above, it's actually 8 episodes. We enjoyed it, but by the end of episode 8 I felt like Scott Evil when it came to them consistently defeat the bad guy actually trying to kill him, and just turn their backs / let him go over and over and OVER.

scott-evil-119702.jpg

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
While I get your anger at the tendency of modern shows to race swap / have an invincible know it all female lead, this is far FAR from it. All 3 leads get pretty much equal time. I'm surprised there isn't OUTRAGE(tm) that all 3 are white :p

Correction to above, it's actually 8 episodes. We enjoyed it, but by the end of episode 8 I felt like Scott Evil when it came to them consistently defeat the bad guy actually trying to kill him, and just turn their backs / let him go over and over and OVER.

View attachment 457164
All 3 are white? Any of them homo?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nothing confirmed. I am at episode 7 and 1 black girl entered the story but she was a side character. The party they went too was majority white with a spec of diversity barely thrown in. This show is not pushing any Agenda as far as I can tell. I am still trying to get on board with the whole "Adults lose power as they get older" thing. That is the only part of the story that feels weak. The rest is hard to figure until I get a better understanding as to why the government is hiding information. That I assume is coming up here shortly.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fantastic alt UK young adult show on netflix. Having a hard time coming up with a good comparison.

ghosts are real, and can kill people. event happened in the 20s to cause it, seemingly. teenagers are sensitive and can see or hear them, to combat them. doesn't pull punches, people die.

blew through all 6 episodes back to back.
reminded me of the game: Phasmophobia

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I've enjoyed the first couple episodes.

Lockwood could pass for a young David Tennant.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was alright. I am not a fan of the "grow up and lose your powers" aspect of the story. I give it a 6/10.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Couple episodes left, but so far really enjoying it. It’s hard to look past their retarded decisions at times, but it’s overall just fun to watch. I really don’t understand what’s stopping them from going in during the day and locking up sources though instead of waiting until night and having to fight through ghosts to find it.

• 2Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database