Long cables to living room

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It was 1440p so maybe was just at the edge of things. The USB was completely fine, though. I thought he was only looking at 10 meters lengths so was thinking he didn't need to go hardcore based on that .
I was just looking for 33 ft so a standard USB cable 16 ft + an active USB cable 16 ft should do the job (active USB cables use the USB power to extend the signal, but are still just cables).

But right now I'm trying to avoid the USB cables, just using HDMI for the image. USB purely for input should run on anything.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is a little late, sorry. But Ive got a setup that uses 20 and 30 foot cables for USB and HDMI. My biggest advice is to just not put any breaks into the HDMI cable. Run it directly from PC to TV and you'll be fine. The connection I originally ran was going from one room to the next, using wall sockets for the HDMI. PC > Wall Jack > Inside wall wire > Wall Jack > TV. That route causes insane distortion and I dont know how people do it successfully in some places Ive been. In hindsight, I think theyre using ethernet cable, but I didnt know you could do that when I was originally doing this setup. I just ended up using one solid cable from PC to TV at a long distance and it worked fine at 4k/144hz. The USB cables I did afterwards and limited the breaks in them to just one and havent encountered but one error from them. That error coming from where I was trying to be cheap by using a USB splitter instead and the controller was running out of memory.

ANYWYAYS - doesnt mean a whole lot to you. As you arent/didnt do anything near as complicated as separating the PC from the room its actually being used in. But I just wanted to point out to you that its the wall jacks that will fuck you if you're trying to make it look pretty.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user