Looking for a list of movies

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I (oddly enough) trust the opinions of you guys more than random google searching.
What i'm looking to have is a list of movies we all grew up with that impacted us... that we remember as being really awesome. Now i know we have a varied age difference here, as i was born in the mid 70's. But i get the feeling, that the lists and suggestions you all provide would be the best list i can find
smile.png

I'm looking for this for my 2 boys, currently ages 6 & 9
I've started them on a journey of movies from my childhood, because they really just don't make movies like that anymore.
Oddly enough they don't like Horror, so i've left those off my list for now, but i'll work on them getting into those later, as i watched so many horror movies growing up.

Thank you guys very much for the help!

So far, and i'll get the list started (hopefully you can all use this list as well):

Edit: List Updated 6-26 (thank you all for the suggestions, keep em coming if you have more)

Watched:

• Big Trouble in Little China
  • Dark Crystal
  • E.T.
  • Explorers
  • Flight of Navigator
  • Ghostbusters
  • Goonies
  • Home Alone
  • Short Circuit
  • Star Wars movies (All staring with 4, 5 & 6 obviously)
  • Superman I and II
  • Uncle Buck
  • Jurrasic Park I
  • Honey I Shrunk the Kids
  • Mask

Movies not yet watched:

• Back to Future
  • Batman (Tim Burton)
  • Batteries not included
  • Beetlejuice
  • Big
  • Bill and Ted
  • Conan
  • D.A.R.Y.L
  • Edward Scissorhands
  • Ernest Goes to ..
  • Gremlins
  • Hook
  • Independence Day
  • Indiana Jones (excluding crystal skull)
  • Invaders from Mars
  • Iron Giant
  • Jewel of Nile
  • Karate Kid I and II
  • Kindergarten Cop
  • Krull
  • Labyrinth
  • Last Starfighter
  • Monster Squad
  • NeverEnding Story
  • Princess Bride
  • Romancing Stone
  • Sandlot
  • Secret of Nimh
  • Spaceballs
  • Stand By Me
  • Star Trek (all)
  • The Toy
  • Who Framed Roger Rabbit
  • Willow
  • Wizard
  • Mrs. Doubtfire
  • My Girl

Movies to watch when y are a bit older:

• 12 Monkeys
  • Abyss
  • Adventures in Babysitting
  • Akira
  • Aliens
  • Animal House
  • Better off dead
  • Beverly Hills Cop
  • Bladerunner
  • Bloodsport
  • Blues Brors
  • Braveheart
  • Breakfast Club
  • Caddyshack
  • Cocoon
  • Coming to America
  • Die Hard
  • Dune
  • Fast Times at Ridgemont High
  • Ferris Bueller
  • Fight Club
  • Fly
  • Forrest Gump
  • Full Metal Jacket
  • Godfather I and II
  • Goodfellas
  • Holy Grail
  • Hot Shots
  • House Party
  • Hunt For The Red October
  • Lethal Weapon
  • Lost Boys
  • Matrix part 1
  • Meatballs
  • National Lampoon's Vacation
  • Point Break (Original)
  • Police Academy
  • Porky's
  • Predator
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Raising Arizona
  • Real Genius
  • Red Dawn
  • Revenge of the Nerds
  • Risky Business
  • Robocop (original)
  • Rocky
  • Rudy
  • Saving Private Ryan
  • Say Anything
  • Schindler's List
  • Seven
  • Shawshank Redemption
  • Silence of Lambs
  • Sixith Sense
  • Sixteen Candles
  • Terminator
  • Terminator 2
  • The Naked Gun
  • Titanic
  • Top Gun
  • Untouchables
  • Usual Suspects
  • Weird Science
  • Ghost
  • Total Recall (Original)
  • First Blood

Juvarisx

Florida
You will have to judge which of these are appropriate when but none of these are too risky. I was born in 1981 so I saw some of these in the theater as well

Neverending Story
Labyrinth
Breakfast Club
Princess Bride
Karate Kid
Big
Beetlejuice
Weird Science
1989 Batman
The Burbs
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
National Lampoon's Vacation
Bill and Ted Excellent Adventure
The Wizard - With this one I haven't seen it in forever so it may be REALLY dated but i remember seeing it on my birthday at the theater and I loved it.
The Lost Boys (frankly I didn't find it scarey but they may consider it horror)
The Abyss (really)
Caddyshack (wait till a lil older for sure)
Dark Crystal, though they may get bored

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Thanks
smile.png
a lot of good ones here, some they saw that I forgot already. I'll update the op list once I get back to my desk. Great suggestions on there
smile.png

Siliconemelons

The Wizard yo, seriously I loved that movie as a kid... it was those 80's inspiring kids to have adventures movies- that's what Goonies, Last Starfighter (is that on the list?!) etc. are all about- kids having adventures out on their own etc... heck even MadMax Beyond Thunderdome had this aspect in it... to me this is what defined those movies and generations- now days kids don't get this "go out and adventure" drive, they get "be safe! and be genderfluid Sam! whom I named Sam so you could decide if your a boy or a girl or a bogril"

edit: I cant read lists apparently...duh... and heck the wizard HAS THE POWERGLOVE ITS SO BAD in it... yeah glad I am not the only one.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The land before time.
The last unicorn
Explorers.
Also field of dreams, or angels in the outfiled,

Siliconemelons

More on this of things I remember when I was a kid... it must have been the odd crap my parents watched but I loved Big Business, Short Circuit 1+2 and Jewel of the Nile and Romancing the Stone, 3 men and a baby...basically almost anything 80s lol

Rais

Trakanon Raider
If you want your kids to grow up how you did, I am sure you watched Cujo. That damn movie when I was 6 years old sure taught me a lesson not to fuck with random dogs. Best PSA movie I had ever seen.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
If you want your kids to grow up how you did, I am sure you watched Cujo. That damn movie when I was 6 years old sure taught me a lesson not to fuck with random dogs. Best PSA movie I had ever seen.
hahah, totally made me laugh
smile.png
That was a great movie, and damn if they don't just walk up to random dogs and try to pet them and i'm all like.. Get away from that dog!

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Just throwing on a couple of more that come to mind that have not already been mentioned.

Midnight Run
Snatch
Major League (the first one only)
Lucas
Snatch
James Bond (Regardless on how campy they are to us as adults, all of the Sean Connery and Roger Moore films, skip Timothy Dalton, Goldeneye, and then to Daniel Craig. Use discretion for their age I guess.)
Mighty Ducks

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
for your kids
Monster Squad
Watership Down
Meatballs
"Ernest Goes to" movies (camp, jail, christmas)
Kindergarten Cop
Uncle Buck
Little Rascals (the original serials)
Abbot And Costello movies, (my picks, Frankenstein. Boris Karloff, Invisible man ,Buck Privates Go Home and Hold That Ghost)
Laurel and Hardy movies and serials
Three Stooges movies

who messed with a random dog? the mom was at that farm to have joe camber fix her crap ass car and the dog had already gone crazy with rabies and killed joe and was now killing anyone and anything.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
No Willow? I loved that one as a kid as well as the old Disney animations like sword in the stone and robin hood. Also loved the Three Stooges to death.

Szlia

Born in 1976, limiting myself to films I saw when I was a teenager (and that have yet to be mentioned).

Animation:
The Secret of NIMH
Akira

SF:
Brazil
Bladerunner
Aliens
Dune

Comedy:
Hot Shots
Lethal Weapon (ok not 100% a comedy, pretty dark at times with Gibson's character being suicidal and all)
The Naked Gun
Holy Grail
Spaceballs

Asian:
A Chinese Ghost Story 2
The Killer
Hard Boiled
Zu Warriors from the Magic Mountain (1983)
Tampopo (japanese food comedy, 100% on RT - one of the sub story is a touch erotic)

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
As a young teen Bloodsport was the coolest fucking idea for a movie EVER. I watched the shit out of that growing up.
Just a quick look and it seems like anything I'd otherwise suggest has already been suggested. I gots some downloading to be doing now. Lol

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Any of the old westerns. Good ones from my youth (like really old ones but I still remember them fondly)

My name is Nobody
They call me Trinity
Trinity is still my name

those three are totally kid safe, and probably even better as a kid.

The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean (still one of my favorite movies)
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Cat Ballou (heck I might just go through this in again)

And just about any of the old Clint Eastwood's

I was a big fan of Westerns as a kid and then Sci-Fi as I got older so of course all of the Firefly discs and Serenity the movie based on the series.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
"D.A.R.Y.L" was one of my favorites when I was that age.

I am thinking of another one but I cant recall the name.
It was an 80's movie that, some kids dad get superpowers in the same way as daredevil, but no blindness. He gets super strength and invulnerability to force, but his one weakness is Darkness. I want to say its "Darkman" but it is not the 1990 film of that name. There is a chance it was a Canadian made movie, thus I may be out of luck. This ring a bell with anyone?