Looking for a Web Site Developer

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I currently have a really simplistic website that leads my clients to a form that is submitting particular information to my email address. This was all accomplished by using the templates that Squarespace provided. This was fine at first, but my business is demanding more and more on a daily basis. I talked to a sales agent at Squarespace and without even telling the guy what I wanted from my website, he quoted me a price of $1800. I understand that a person needs to make a living - and I dont mind paying someone for their time, but that price seems way out of proportion in relation to what I want done.

Im applying to you guys cause Ive been around half of you for about 13 years now. I know some of you have the qualifications Im looking for, or maybe you know someone that does. If so, please recommend them to me or message me on here.

What I need:

A website that takes a feed of automobiles from two different databases and displays only particular information about those Vehicles on one website. (Pictures, VIN, Vehicle History Report, Miles etc. but not the listed price, or the link to the original Vehicle ad) On the back end of the website, I want to simply be able to log into the website and implement pricing on any particular vehicle and also delete or add vehicles manually. Being able to edit all the fields isnt necessary, but would be a huge plus. The rest of the website that Im envisioning isnt too different than your regular Auto Dealerships website. I can provide a detailed template of how I want everything to interact with the customer once I find someone willing to work with me.

Thanks ahead of time guys and gals.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Haha he was low balling that one. I wouldn't do this for less then 3k. You can probably find an indian to do this on the cheap but be prepared to have a buggy app and not much in the way of technical support after he hands it over to you.

Warrian

╰⋃╯ლ(´ڡ`ლ)
Good luck with finding someone to do this for what you're willing to pay. No seriously, good luck.

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah honestly, 1800 for the capability you're looking for seems awesome. The "I just need it to do this" is the first sign you have no idea the integration issues the person is going to have to do for you.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The overwhelming response of negative feedback has made me look at a few articles at least. What do I need to look for when designing something like this? Qualifications? Past websites? What do I need to do on my end?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
You can try oDesk and eLance and see if you can get a decent developer to make this shit for you. Or at least get another quote. Do avoid the middle eastern/eastern european developers on those websites if they have no recommendations. Also remember, the cheapest is not the best.

Having said that, 1800 sounds cheap. If I was quoted that, I would make sure I got all the exact details of whats being offered/done in writing.