Lords of the Fallen

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Couldn't find a thread on this. So if repost - sorry....

I remember seeing a video about this quite a while ago. Hasn't been much press on this since then. Original cinematic looked fairly interesting, but now here's some actual gameplay. Sorta looks like an easier version of Dark Souls.....

Original trailer...

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Since im still following this, one of the few RPGs to look forward to later this year.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The amount of RPGs already slated for the next gen consoles is overwhelming.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Kingdom Come: Deliverance is another one. That's a lot for systems that haven't been out that long.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I feel like this pulls from a lot of different games. It just doesnt feel unique. Ill still play it though, so w/e.

vulken3_sl

shitlord
Got it on preorder and hoping it lives up to its potential as a cross between ds and zelda.

Was surprised by how fun som was so I am hoping for the same here.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Lobosjr, a famous Dark Souls streamer, spends a few hours with a demo sent to press. He seems pleased with it.

vulken3_sl

shitlord
Been watching some twitch with this game.

I think it reminds me of a more arcady demon souls game where swinging a heavy weapon or fast weapon properly looks and feels correct.

I had my preorder done a month ago and after seeing it I think I will enjoy it.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Might get it via G2A or something. Definitely not paying $50 but it does look pretty good.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I've been looking forward to this, but i ended up cancelling my amazon preorder.. their ETA was over a week after release date which is a big fuck that.
I'll pick it up tomorrow after work lol

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Possibly best to wait on reviews - there was some ps4 game similar to this i was eager to buy and it turned out to be a true lemon and a waste of my $60 - Its weird reviews arent out yet and its coming out tomorrow, makes me worry.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Possibly best to wait on reviews - there was some ps4 game similar to this i was eager to buy and it turned out to be a true lemon and a waste of my $60 - Its weird reviews arent out yet and its coming out tomorrow, makes me worry.
Release dates were broken a few places, so it's been all over twitch over the weekend.

It is exactly like the previews seen/posted earlier. Sort of a Dark souls lite. Roughly 15 hours in the main story if you rush it, but not sure how much side content there is. Maybe double? Game goes to NG++, after that it stops and you have to start a new character. New game plus apparently has new items and some areas.

Just like the preview builds and such show, it is far more scripted and linear than a Dark Souls game. You are on a "mission", with quests featuring text and dialog telling you where to go and what to do.

Watched a guy play and try out lots of chat comments and the conclusion was basically something like "It is what people were afraid Dark Souls 2 would become after the misinterpreted Dark Souls 2 rumors came out of it being easier". So not Dark Souls, but rather the embodiment of the game people were afraid the sequel would become.

So it isn't bad, it is just smaller, more linear/scripted and generally easier/more arcade like than a DS game.

Should note that every streamer that I saw were highly positive of the game.

It also seemed like a very melee centric game. There are spells, but from what I saw, at best you will be a hybrid with magic as support, not as your main offense.