Lords of Xulima

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Steam Early access / Beta was announced few weeks ago.
It's a pretty decent game to be honest anyone else is playing it?

Lords of Xulima

I am stuck and can't seem to progress. Not sure if that's due to its beta state or that I've missed something.

Caliane

Looks neat. haven't tried it.

Give some progress reports on how it progresses to release. Have too much on my plate to give this a shot any time soon.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks neat. haven't tried it.

Give some progress reports on how it progresses to release. Have too much on my plate to give this a shot any time soon.
I find it a lot more enjoyable than Divinity: Original Sin.
It's different though. The combat works like Eye of the Beholder (Legend or Grimrok) but only in battle (no movement) with four front rows and four back rows. Out of combat it's isometric with enemies showing on map and in some areas it takes the japanese RPG element of "random ambush" but these ambushes are limited and can be wiped out completely.

There's a food resource system (a little annoying).
Classes are your basic ones; Paladin, Barbarian, Cleric, Mage, Thief, Bard...etc. (Yes bards have songs that buff the party).

Compared to other games it's really difficult and death is very common in the beginning.
If I didn't get stuck I'd be playing it non-stop but progress just stopped for me.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I cleansed the temple of frebret. Now everywhere I run there is this "wait for the next patch" sign popping up. So I guess I am done. Solid 10 hours of fun. Start is a little rough (no money, food system, enemies are tough) but it gets better after a few levels. If I knew that leaving the first village to the east and grinding the rat cave is 10 times easier than going west and getting my ass handed to me by goblins on the beach I would have had an easier start by a big margin.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Sounds good but can't fucking bother about anything in early access, ruins the experience for me when the game is unfinished and I have to play it over several months. I'll wait for release.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Sounds good but can't fucking bother about anything in early access, ruins the experience for me when the game is unfinished and I have to play it over several months. I'll wait for release.
Yep, true. I did not realize this is just like 25% of the game and they aim for late october.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I cleansed the temple of frebret. Now everywhere I run there is this "wait for the next patch" sign popping up. So I guess I am done. Solid 10 hours of fun. Start is a little rough (no money, food system, enemies are tough) but it gets better after a few levels. If I knew that leaving the first village to the east and grinding the rat cave is 10 times easier than going west and getting my ass handed to me by goblins on the beach I would have had an easier start by a big margin.
Where is the Temple of Frebet?!
The only thing I cleared (dungeon) was that rat dungeon. I cleared the goblins at the beach, mushrooms (except for the extremely hard and impossible to beat static ones where you have to avoid them). How do you solve that Forest where you're transported to the beginning at specific places. Is there a route that takes you somewhere important? (I think there's an NPC there but couldn't find him).

Did you solve the Imp's riddle?

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Where is the Temple of Frebet?!
The only thing I cleared (dungeon) was that rat dungeon. I cleared the goblins at the beach, mushrooms (except for the extremely hard and impossible to beat static ones where you have to avoid them). How do you solve that Forest where you're transported to the beginning at specific places. Is there a route that takes you somewhere important? (I think there's an NPC there but couldn't find him).

Did you solve the Imp's riddle?
The Imp's always ask for the corresponding Lord of Xulima. This link helped me a lothttp://www.lordsofxulima.com/2013/01...ds-and-humans/.

The forest is a key area: look closely there are flowers on the ground (really only visible during the day). If you hit them you fall asleep. So there is one path that leads to a hut with an old guy who hands you a key for the tower of melancholy. Clearing this will give you the item you need at the temple a bit north of the tower.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Imp's always ask for the corresponding Lord of Xulima. This link helped me a lothttp://www.lordsofxulima.com/2013/01...ds-and-humans/.

The forest is a key area: look closely there are flowers on the ground (really only visible during the day). If you hit them you fall asleep. So there is one path that leads to a hut with an old guy who hands you a key for the tower of melancholy. Clearing this will give you the item you need at the temple a bit north of the tower.
Thank you!

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Currently 30% off on Steam. Not sure what the price is in $, but based on the price in Norwegian currency it is probably around $10-15. Highly enjoyable game if you like the might and magic type games and gameplay. Easy to miss game, but absolutely worth the entry in my opinion.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well generally speaking you shouldn't pick this up until the sale is on the last day, it's not a flash or daily deal meaning it might get discounted more. Maybe not though, and probably not by much, so you're not losing that much.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Does it have a lot of puzzles like Grimloc or is it more puzzle light like Might and Magic? Might and Magic is still one of my favorite series of all times but I just couldn't spend much time in Grimloc 2 when I tried it because I don't like wasting a lot of time on puzzles.

Northerner

N00b
Lots of puzzles but they are spoilerable if you need to do so. Some I would definitely say are a little too obscure to be fun on their own. Very old-school.

I think the game is amazing personally, although like most RPGs it is open to min-maxing. My party was a pure rapetrain by the time I got to the end.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
It's okay. I feel some classes are underpowered massively, at least early. Pretty much all my damage came from my mage and barb. Gaulen, bard, thief did literally nothing.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gaulen can't really contribute till he starts getting envenomed strike, and bard is just utility till his last two songs. Thief is strong if built around shurikens or bleed. Game is nice but the balance is off. Early game is brutal - miss every other turn even though you have 80% chance to hit, and a couple misses means you're reloading. Over all though it's fun and the balance issues aren't really noticeable late game.