Lost Ark Online

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I don't like the removing of entropy at all. All they needed to do was increase the angle you could land the attacks from, problem solved. Everything else is spot on tho.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still have yet to get any gold from fate embers at all but they keep giving my alts epic selectors. Which is neat but until they raise the card xp drops as well i ain't spending on them, especially with Argon nerfed.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Still have yet to get any gold from fate embers at all but they keep giving my alts epic selectors. Which is neat but until they raise the card xp drops as well i ain't spending on them, especially with Argon nerfed.

That is some insane bad luck on the gold -- I've seen about a dozen or so 3k embers, which is comparable to what I would have gotten from gold portals but I run a lot more chaos dungeons now that they're so quick.

The epic selectors are huge though and one of the best drops you can get. It lets you complete a bunch of missing cards for demon damage, which is really nice (and better than Silver). Card xp also drops a lot from the embers though.

• 1WTF

Malakriss

Took far too long to confirm

ibujci2ukimb1.png

On the Fate Ember side datasets have the rate at ~7% per chaos dungeon, statistically it means 1 per week average if you do 7x2 runs. Drop rate between the 5 reward types is fairly even at 15-23% with gold the lowest but increases slightly with item level. Breakpoints seem to happen differently for each reward type

1475 - 6 Card XP tomes begin to appear at a <5% rate
1540 - 2M silver begins to appear at a 5% rate
1560 - 20K gold reward begins to appear at a <5% rate
1580 - Legendary Selector, 10 Card XP tomes begin to appear at a 1% rate / 500K silver and 1500 gold chances drop to nearly zero

• 1Like

Malakriss

Also getting two older KR sets next month, Preppy and Time Together. How did this game have so many bad outfits, even the Ark Pass 5 theme is god awful

In other news 1540 alt got an ember... 2 card xp packs. I'm happier to get an epic selector on 1490s than that.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Also getting two older KR sets next month, Preppy and Time Together. How did this game have so many bad outfits, even the Ark Pass 5 theme is god awful

In other news 1540 alt got an ember... 2 card xp packs. I'm happier to get an epic selector on 1490s than that.

Meanwhile in the FoH Discord to make you hate some folks:

1694117688767.png

1694117723922.png

• 1Worf

Malakriss

Datasets below 10000 clears vary wildly on the rates but 10k might be 5-10% of gold drops as low as 1415. Probably want the 25-33% rate at 1490/1520 though.

Actually, looking at 1580 data the 20k gold bars are 5-10% so gold might be the most reasonable category that tries to keep three options at balanced rates. Compared to card XP which is a 67-25-7-1 split for 2/4/6/10 drops.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Can't imagine this will be very popular but for anyone interested:

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Thaemine release trailer:

It's a pretty big deal in KR as they've rented out some space in Seoul for the event.

Malakriss

Stones of Chaos will become roster bound instead of character bound to help alt character progression.

- Odds of Legendary skin creation is 5% per with two different possibilities (S1 and S2)
- Activities that continued to award vanilla packs will now award Pack II
- Vykas G1 removed, Brel G2 and G5 removed, Kayangel G1 removed
- Gold rewards have been rebalanced
- Brel G6 (now G4) can only be completed every two weeks

Last edited:

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Stones of Chaos will become roster bound instead of character bound to help alt character progression.

- Odds of Legendary skin creation is 5% per with two different possibilities (S1 and S2)
- Activities that continued to award vanilla packs will now award Pack II
- Vykas G1 removed, Brel G2 and G5 removed, Kayangel G1 removed
- Gold rewards have been rebalanced
- Brel G6 (now G4) can only be completed every two weeks

Came to post this. The speed of this is a huge surprise to most people as we were not expecting the gate changes to take place. This is another huge win of a patch. Obviously August's patch was the best the game had seen, so I figured September would be a let down with Yoz. Really surprised that we're getting the gate changes already but it's a huge win.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to casually dive back in tomorrow to play fresh start and see how the Aeromancer feels - looks satisfying/fun/easy.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I'm going to casually dive back in tomorrow to play fresh start and see how the Aeromancer feels - looks satisfying/fun/easy.

Feel free to hop on Discord if you need any advice/information, there are a few of us who are pretty active and can assist.

• 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Thaemine releasing tomorrow in KR and the game has seen a pretty massive return of players, Goldriver released a post on the subject. They're going all out for the event and have rented space in Seoul. The world first progression should be a good view although it's a shame that only KR can participate.

The full post is here: 안녕하세요, 로스트아크의 디렉터 금강선입니다.

Hello, I'm Geumgangsun (Gold River), director of Lost Ark.Summer was long, right? But as we laughed and chatted together, the update of thamine Raid is already tomorrow.

PS. He deleted the temporary part of the temporary director. Copium

It's almost mid-September, but the weather is still hot I think it's because of your enthusiastic response and enthusiasm for thaemine Raid.

There are a few things I want to tell you today, so I'm writing a letter after a long time.

[After the showcase]

From the perspective of the creators of the game, I think that the fact that you are very interested in the content we make and waiting with excitement is the greatest joy we can enjoy.

What was really surprising last weekend was that the number of new users increased by 151% and the number of returning users increased by 210%, even though the thaemine update was not applied yet It was that many adventurers came back to Lost Ark again.

I would like to thank everyone who has come to Arkesia anew or again.

There were a lot of existing users who joked, "Should I just hand over Arkesia ?" But it wasn't like that in reality.Especially for users over 1620s, seeing more than twice as many attempts to honning compared to the previous weekendI was able to see ppl interest in Thaemine RaidI could see that ppl were very prepared for Thaemine Reid.I think we need to prepare it well.Thank you for your support and response to the Thaemine showcase.In particular, I'm very happy that the passion and charm of our three leaders(ps. it means 3 bozos) and developers were well conveyed to you.

I hope that there will be more opportunities to show the charms of many staff members, including the three leaders.And I hope that our ultimate collaboration, Thaemine raid, will be well received by you.Oh! I want to respect everyone's taste in Lost ArkIf you're afraid to fight Thaemine, or if you want to just hand over Arkesia to ThaemineI am attaching the link to the Dark legion application form below, so please feel free to choose.

☞☞ [Click: Join the Dark legion] ☜☜

PS. https://cdn-lostark.game.onstove.com/html/letter/join.html click this one.

[Cinematic trailer]

I think the recent heated discussion of the story is a miracle for us.Analyzing MMORPG stories, wondering, discussing them, and so on, when you first made the game, it was like a dreamIt's a long story, but after El Ghazia, stories began to grow, and more recently, we're far above the level we first targeted 12 years agoThere's a lively story discussion going on.

I'm so thankful and happy, but I also feel pressured to do better.What's interesting is that the more active your discussion becomes, the more active our discussion becomes.When we have a story meeting with the scenario team, many of your guesses are always the subject of our meeting.Cinematic trailers give more motivation to play for those who like Thaemine raid.It was made with the intention of giving a surprise gift to those who like storiesI was very surprised by your enthusiastic support after the release.

At the time I am writing this letter, I have already confirmed that I have more than 1 million views.I'm so flustered because I received so much love that I couldn't even imagine.In order to return your support, we will soon release a behind-the-scene version of the Cinematic TrailerWe would like to make a commentary video in return for your excessive love.If you wait, I'll make a commentary video and reveal it.

[About the event of Thaemine The FIRST]

We planned the Thaemine The FIRST event, but we made a bet with you at the offline showcase. During the event, something went wrong, so let's organize the rules again.

Criteria

Adventurer's winning condition: Thaemine The FIRST Event Ranking Achievement Attack Team Appears within 2023-09-20 (Wed) 06:00

Developer Victory Conditions: Thaemine The FIRST failed By 06:00 2023-09-20 (Wednesday)

Compensation

Adventurer Victory Reward: Reward currently in preparation (not feeling the need to pack yet)

Developer Victory Reward: A sense of accomplishment..

As I said at the showcase, this Thaemine Raid is about the flow of scenario, level flow, effect color, environmental sound, BGM,From battle patterns to directing, all teams worked together more than ever to create a single outcome.If you play with full screen and full audio, I think you will have a better experience.

There's something I'd like to ask everyone who is challenging the Thaemine The FIRST event.It's the biggest reason why I'm writing this letter today. Since it's a long-running raidI'm worried that competition for the first time clear could cause health problems.In QA team's experience, rather than trying to sleep for a long timeIt is said that getting a proper sleep and trying again actually helps the team's breathing and concentration.If you lose too much physical strength, your concentration will definitely decrease, so it's a big disadvantage for you to actually try for the first clear.

[At the end]

Now the update of Thaemine, the strongest legion commander Raid, is a day away.Once again, I apologize for keeping you waiting for so long.As much as we've waited for a long time, all of our staff are eager to be a raid that meets your expectations.We will do our best to meet your expectations until the end.You will have to resist the end that Thaemine, the Lord of Darkness, will create from tomorrow.I pray that you can survive the end and write a wonderful poem.

PS. he emphasize "the end" and "poem"

Thank you.(On behalf of all the developers who always put passion and love into Lost Ark)

Yours very truly, the Geumgang(Gold River)

Malakriss

Challenge Abyssal selectors are now version II which includes Kadan and commanders, not sure if all newly added selectors will follow but good luck on your weeklies.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Anyone playing again? Will give this another shot.

Lots of returning players on the jump start server, you can boost a character quickly there and play with them albeit I suspect this will only last for a few weeks. It's presently top 10 in views with a bunch of streamers returning on twitch, so it's going to be worth the week of playtime. Plus Gunlancer just got buffed!

Last edited:
  • 1Like