Lost Ark Online

Del

Vyemm Raider
Pretty big Smilegate and AGS W. Sucks they didn't address homework concerns, but those announcements are really nice nonetheless.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Too bad only Vold will have the ilvl and required gear to clear it.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Too bad only Vold will have the ilvl and required gear to clear it.
Nah, Akkan gives you the mats to boost your gear much more easily. Me and Q will definitely be atleast ilvl for Thaemine which we probably won't see til at least December the absolute earliest anyways.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Correction: there's a 4th gate that's hard mode only that Vold will have access to which Q & Lumi will get after clearing normal for 2-3 weeks.

Just some quick thoughts on this: people are up in arms that there was no reduction in homework. I think the West put it in their heads that they would see this and have been posting and complaining about that non-stop for months. Gonna be an interesting next few months for sure as a result. It's gotten annoying and hopefully this goes away now.

There are a lot of good changes here. Nothing amazing but I wasn't expecting much. From my standpoint, there's simply no other MMO to play (nor will there be one for another few years) and the combat makes LA fun to log into for me. We just hit the apex of 'games to take my time away', which lasted about 4 days for D4 and this weekend for FF16. Until there's another MMO on the market worth playing, LA isn't going anywhere for me.

Edit: I couldn't wait to see Zeal's video (the whale who is terrible and just wants fashion) & Asmon's (the dude who has been saying Lost Ark is dead for about a year) and they did not disappoint.

Just a second edit: The game is also releasing in China which is where all of their focus has clearly been. I'm curious to see how the market works there however the goodies that the West is getting is far better than I was expecting.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
any of you guys playing D4? if so anyone available to PL me? i can offer tons of gold in LA - Azena server - all legit never bought on g2g so please send a DM my way if its possible

or i guess if you dont want the gold in lost ark, maybe we can do a boost for boost, or some other stipulation you boost me and once i have the funds i will pay you back with %interest

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I probably can T TecKnoe , i'm on Azena as well so that'd work. Whats the best way to PL in D4?
You take a lv 50+ dude and run a noob through the first keystone dungeon which then moves the noob up to WT3 you can even do this at lv1 the noob(s) just sit at the entrance of the keystone dungeon while the lv 50+ powers through it. Then in WT3 the lv 50+ does some dungeon over and over until you are 50+ just like the keystone... Levels go quick. The higher the tier of dungeon, the more exp I think so better to get a lv 70 or even 80+ powerleveler.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Japanese skins that might make it to global, mount probably will get the most attention

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Japanese skins that might make it to global, mount probably will get the most attention

haha, I posted this in Discord. I bought a summer skin but these fuckers found a way to get me to spend some more. The only downside is those skins have a limited Class selection due to when they were released.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Quick guild update:

With the slowdown of D4 we've had some folks (well, 2) reach out and start playing Lost Ark. The FoH guild still raids 3-4 times a week and is able to offer assistance for any forum folks interested in playing. The easiest way is to send me a PM on Discord with your name and I'll add you to the in game chat if you're playing on NAE and/or a guild tag if you're playing on the Regulus server.

There is also a lot of content for those who quit around the Argos/Vykas point (or prior obviously). The game has received an update every month (new towers, new raids, new continents, new cube system, new GVG, new islands, you get the idea) there's a lot to do but can be a bit overwhelming for a returning player. If you're asking stuff like "What class should I play" your best bet is to ask in Discord and give us a breakdown of what you're looking for.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Quick guild update:

With the slowdown of D4 we've had some folks (well, 2) reach out and start playing Lost Ark. The FoH guild still raids 3-4 times a week and is able to offer assistance for any forum folks interested in playing. The easiest way is to send me a PM on Discord with your name and I'll add you to the in game chat if you're playing on NAE and/or a guild tag if you're playing on the Regulus server.

There is also a lot of content for those who quit around the Argos/Vykas point (or prior obviously). The game has received an update every month (new towers, new raids, new continents, new cube system, new GVG, new islands, you get the idea) there's a lot to do but can be a bit overwhelming for a returning player. If you're asking stuff like "What class should I play" your best bet is to ask in Discord and give us a breakdown of what you're looking for.
There's a shitload of stuff to absorb for someone who played the first month or so like me, way more stuff going on than last I played.

Had a ton of stuff to claim too, even a handful of the crystal buffs, and ended up with a punika powerpass somehow, that boosted me up to 1340(?) gear. Still missing a bunch of basics, runes, engravings, cards, ect, I got some reading and work to do. I expected a lot more work to be honest, nice that they give returning players a way to catch up faster.

I recall enjoying this game, but it played like shit on my old PC, never got into grouping/raids/pvp. Runs great now obviously.

I'm still on regulus, I'll join up again if there room for it, but I still have access to FoH channel either way.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
There's a shitload of stuff to absorb for someone who played the first month or so like me, way more stuff going on than last I played.

Had a ton of stuff to claim too, even a handful of the crystal buffs, and ended up with a punika powerpass somehow, that boosted me up to 1340(?) gear. Still missing a bunch of basics, runes, engravings, cards, ect, I got some reading and work to do. I expected a lot more work to be honest, nice that they give returning players a way to catch up faster.

I recall enjoying this game, but it played like shit on my old PC, never got into grouping/raids/pvp. Runs great now obviously.

I'm still on regulus, I'll join up again if there room for it, but I still have access to FoH channel either way.

Just to piggy back on this (and I realize I'm distinctly in the category of the LA fanboy) but anyone who quit the game prior to getting to experience Clown / Brel and is looking for an MMO to play, this is the best choice on the market (albeit that says more about the market than anything). The combat & raids are incredibly well designed and satisfying. The Power Pass will allow you to reach this content rapidly, you won't need to spend a dime to get to that point. There are a few of us who run the older raids for people who come back routinely.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Is there like a catch-up list somewhere of things to focus on to become viable? I keep getting distracted with the insane amount of things to do. Spent most of my day yesterday doing sheet music quests & some islands, and filling out research for honing/crafting/farm stuff. l Even a basic list of goals to work towards, perhaps daily things to focus on as well. If theres one here on thread, I just missed it.

I realize as someone that barely played last year, I have a lot of work to do. Been making skill points my priority for now, doing that usually leads to stat pots too. Leveling 50-60 seems to be mostly from vendor potions? Which I can't really afford yet. Combat xp certainly isn't making a a dent on that first level lol.

Tried doing a guardian raid solo yesterday, read that summoners could do well on them solo. Didn't turn out well at all, only got it to 97% haha. Guess I'll stick to chaos each day for now.

Summoner sure is spammy, I'm thinking I might be better served by making some macros. Getting a hang of this animation cancel thing, but my coolddowns are still crap so it's not really a benefit to me yet.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Is there like a catch-up list somewhere of things to focus on to become viable? I keep getting distracted with the insane amount of things to do. Spent most of my day yesterday doing sheet music quests & some islands, and filling out research for honing/crafting/farm stuff. l Even a basic list of goals to work towards, perhaps daily things to focus on as well. If theres one here on thread, I just missed it.

I realize as someone that barely played last year, I have a lot of work to do. Been making skill points my priority for now, doing that usually leads to stat pots too. Leveling 50-60 seems to be mostly from vendor potions? Which I can't really afford yet. Combat xp certainly isn't making a a dent on that first level lol.

Tried doing a guardian raid solo yesterday, read that summoners could do well on them solo. Didn't turn out well at all, only got it to 97% haha. Guess I'll stick to chaos each day for now.

Summoner sure is spammy, I'm thinking I might be better served by making some macros. Getting a hang of this animation cancel thing, but my coolddowns are still crap so it's not really a benefit to me yet.

I'm not aware of any catch-up list however after thinking about your post, it sure would be a great idea. While reading your post and thinking of how to best respond, I kept circling over a bunch of things that you can/should be doing. Lost Ark fundamentally has two sets of progression paths:

1) Vertical progression
2) Horizontal progression

The vertical progression is pretty straight-forward. It's your ilvl and you increase it by honing and acquiring better gear, mostly from legion commander raids. Horizontal progression is all the island / continents / etc that you have access to but the game does a terrible job at going over all those systems.

Based on your post and looking at your character, here's some of what I think you're missing that you should focus on to improve;

1) Go to your stronghold (this can be achieved by hitting f2 by default and playing the 'Song of Hearth and Home). Once inside, go to the main menu (ctrl+1 by default) and under the progress info, you'll want to select the two swords. It should indicate that training camp is available:

1688899049413.png

From there, select the special training tab (the second one) and see if you can 'train' your Summoner, which is ultimately getting free xp to catch back up to your highest character (since you just boosted your Summoner, you'll want to do this):

1688899113106.png

This should help get you a few levels a lot quicker. You should also be progressing the story (don't skip it -- doing that stuff gives a metric fuckton of exp). If you're curious what the 'next step' is, check your quest log under J and go to the guide quests:

1688899206150.png

Since you're level 50, I suspect it's going to give you a quest to go to South Vern and complete that story. You have about 3 continents to do (South Vern, Rowen, Elgacia) each of which are unlocked as your ilvl increases and will provide tremendous exp if you complete.

Once you're done with that, I would (as you seem to be doing) increase your skill points. The maxroll guide here: Skill Point Collectibles Guide for Lost Ark on Maxroll.gg can help with that. You'll also want to complete as much as the towers & cube that you're able to do. These can be accessed in any major city (for the tower) or Alt-Q to open the menu anywhere to queue for cube when you have tickets.

I'll note that there's about a dozen other things that you can be doing but frankly, it's always better to do the stuff you enjoy than worry about being the most efficient. Your character is almost ready for Valtan hard, which is a great experience to start on. We can run you through the raid with the guild ocne you reach 1445 alongside an Argos run if you haven't done that already.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I'm not aware of any catch-up list however after thinking about your post, it sure would be a great idea. While reading your post and thinking of how to best respond, I kept circling over a bunch of things that you can/should be doing. Lost Ark fundamentally has two sets of progression paths:

1) Vertical progression
2) Horizontal progression

The vertical progression is pretty straight-forward. It's your ilvl and you increase it by honing and acquiring better gear, mostly from legion commander raids. Horizontal progression is all the island / continents / etc that you have access to but the game does a terrible job at going over all those systems.

Based on your post and looking at your character, here's some of what I think you're missing that you should focus on to improve;

1) Go to your stronghold (this can be achieved by hitting f2 by default and playing the 'Song of Hearth and Home). Once inside, go to the main menu (ctrl+1 by default) and under the progress info, you'll want to select the two swords. It should indicate that training camp is available:

View attachment 481732

From there, select the special training tab (the second one) and see if you can 'train' your Summoner, which is ultimately getting free xp to catch back up to your highest character (since you just boosted your Summoner, you'll want to do this):

View attachment 481733

This should help get you a few levels a lot quicker. You should also be progressing the story (don't skip it -- doing that stuff gives a metric fuckton of exp). If you're curious what the 'next step' is, check your quest log under J and go to the guide quests:

View attachment 481734

Since you're level 50, I suspect it's going to give you a quest to go to South Vern and complete that story. You have about 3 continents to do (South Vern, Rowen, Elgacia) each of which are unlocked as your ilvl increases and will provide tremendous exp if you complete.

Once you're done with that, I would (as you seem to be doing) increase your skill points. The maxroll guide here: Skill Point Collectibles Guide for Lost Ark on Maxroll.gg can help with that. You'll also want to complete as much as the towers & cube that you're able to do. These can be accessed in any major city (for the tower) or Alt-Q to open the menu anywhere to queue for cube when you have tickets.

I'll note that there's about a dozen other things that you can be doing but frankly, it's always better to do the stuff you enjoy than worry about being the most efficient. Your character is almost ready for Valtan hard, which is a great experience to start on. We can run you through the raid with the guild ocne you reach 1445 alongside an Argos run if you haven't done that already.
Started reading maxroll guides, that will help.

Hit 1460, this Hyperexpress event gives shitloads of honing/upgrade stuff, even 8k gold as one of completion rewards. If you were thinking of playing, or even just for a bit, this is the time for easy catchup.

I need a new set, should I just stop honing, or keep going, won't make a differnce in end?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I need a new set, should I just stop honing, or keep going, won't make a differnce in end?
In 3 days they will remove the gold cost and greatly reduce materials for honing from 1460 to 1490. I am not sure if you can skip getting the Valtan/Vykas relic set after the update, I would assume not, but they are removing Brel NM mats so you can craft the higher relic set at 1490 and proceed higher much easier. Looks like they removed the upper relic set entirely, at 1490 you still have to run Brel G1/G2 to get pieces.

Should also mention they are removing the pheon cost for transfering from your own alts, so acquiring ability stones / accessories for your other characters now becomes more viable.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
In 3 days they will remove the gold cost and greatly reduce materials for honing from 1460 to 1490. I am not sure if you can skip getting the Valtan/Vykas relic set after the update, I would assume not, but they are removing Brel NM mats so you can craft the higher relic set at 1490 and proceed higher much easier.

Should also mention they are removing the pheon cost for transfering from your own alts, so acquiring ability stones / accessories for your other characters now becomes more viable.
Thanks, usually I find info like this after the fact lol

I can wait a few days then.