Lost Ark Online

Del

Vyemm Raider
That's an amazing roster, props. I have to ask though, how do you find Summoner? I don't think I've seen one apply to my lobby in quite some time. The constant nerfs really made them the least desired class I've ever seen.
Yeah, they nerfed the identity skills into the ground last summer, and I bet Kayangel made a ton of summoners quit. It's probably the hardest class on my roster to perform at a high level consistently, but it's still fairly fun to play imo. I'm holding out hope that we'll get some buffs or a rework in the next balance patch.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Most mage classes need a major amount of improvement in both performance and skins.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Most mage classes need a major amount of improvement in both performance and skins.

I agree with this. The sorc I run with is a better player than I am and he has been miserable for a few months now. Souleater basically got everything that Sorc needed/asked for and Summoners are in a terrible spot. My ideal dream updates for March with the power pass would be:

1) Remove all gold cost to hone up until 1580
2) Remove all gold cost to hone for supports only up until 1610.
3) Double Akkan / Kayangel mats
4) Update all Mages
5) Announce Female Paladin

The loa log has been doing wonders for me for about a month or two now though. It's at a place where there's sufficient amount of data that when you pull someone's stats, you have a few raids worth of references to know where they stack up. I look at that before anything when pugging folks and it's been accurate every time. The people who were zdps in Akkan get gatekept hard regardless of gear and I invite some lower gems people who pull their weight and they never disappoint. I wish they'd provide support for it similar to what WoW does but the people who complain about gatekeeping (and make no mistake, this reinforces gatekeeping but more fairly than what is presently taking place) are the most vocal about not wanting to allow it because they're normally the worse performers.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
loa log? You have a link to that?

The parser most people use (LOA Details) allows for exporting of parses. Their Discord started compiling via a log site. It's invite only atm but if you go into their Discord you can get invited pretty easily. They've been trying to keep it on the down low to avoid backlash from the community.

Last edited:

Malakriss

There's a whole host of problems with storing/posting/sharing logs on other people without consent/opting that has nothing to do with Amazon/Smilegate. Especially for an indefinite amount of time. The community is the least of their problems.

Juvarisx

Florida
Did they ever implement that change where world bosses on islands always drop all of their rare shit under a certain ilvl? (island soul thing, runes, painting etc). I had fun last time I played but the thought that I couldn't never conceivably collect everything to catch up really put a damper on things.

Malakriss

Did they ever implement that change where world bosses on islands always drop all of their rare shit under a certain ilvl? (island soul thing, runes, painting etc).
Yes, but currently it only applies to what was T1 and T2 level content. Only very specific things at early T3 got any kind of drop rate boost (i.e. Moake food always dropping and the star being 20%+ drop now).

Future QoL like a horizontal express or island content becoming cross-server queues like Chaos Gate is happening in KR first but won't make it to our version until March/April at the earliest.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Future QoL like a horizontal express or island content becoming cross-server queues like Chaos Gate is happening in KR first but won't make it to our version until March/April at the earliest.
This is another major reason I quit. Permanently lagging behind another region is absolute aids. I will never in my life play a game where everything isn't released at the same time globally. Waited nearly a year for reaper rework and by the time I got it, I got a watered down version of what Korea got to play with for 3+ months.

• 1Worf

elidib

Vyemm Raider
FHMUK8hXIAAWKuX.jpg

• 1Worf

elidib

Vyemm Raider
There's really no coming back to this game after a break, the gatekeeping would be brutal, you wouldn't know any of the new bosses abilities so you'd just die instantly, I don't even remember my rotations, and the daily chores make me wish I was rather a depresso on a Palworld sphere assembly line.

• 1Worf

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
There's really no coming back to this game after a break, the gatekeeping would be brutal, you wouldn't know any of the new bosses abilities so you'd just die instantly, I don't even remember my rotations, and the daily chores make me wish I was rather a depresso on a Palworld sphere assembly line.

This is actually pretty false, especially if you're playing support. Your first character would receive an instant boost with access to engraving support as well as gem support, so you don't get gatekept on it, especially since you'd be playing with me. The chore stuff was improved from when you played (1x guardian a day, chaos dungeon maps are smaller and instantly aggro). Brel was nerfed heavily so that it's pretty newb friendly and the normal version of raids are easy to learn from.

It is however fair that future characters would get gatekept if not playing with us. That's only a problem for folks who don't have friends though.

Give it a try!

Malakriss

The next express (presumably Mar 20) will literally hand you a "Brelshaza chest" full of ancient gear and meaningful material help up to at least 1580. Not sure if Path to Thaemine will offer the same coverage up to 1620 since we'll have to see the details of what the west actually gets first.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
The next express (presumably Mar 20) will literally hand you a "Brelshaza chest" full of ancient gear and meaningful material help up to at least 1580. Not sure if Path to Thaemine will offer the same coverage up to 1620 since we'll have to see the details of what the west actually gets first.

For context of this I'm planning on making a Breaker and I fully intend to be able to do the highest tier of content (albeit normal for Thaemine) upon release. The present 'issue' with Lost Ark is that when you use the pass, you're boosted too quickly some of the people are just not good enough at the raids.

Gatekeeping is still a huge issue but it's only problematic for folks who don't run with a static and have less than desirable characters for the tier they're running on. When you go into the PUG world, you're competing with whales and your at ilvl characters won't get picked. That's a non issue when you play with friends since they'll always take you ahead of others.

Malakriss

Gold frog returns. No major changes outside of expectations.

Malakriss

• 2nd Anniversary Headband Selection Chest x1
  • Winter Trail Effect Selection Chest x1
  • Structure: 2nd Anniversary Cake x1
  • Winter MokoCahni Skin Selection Chest x1
  • Chaos Dungeon Rest Bonus Recovery Brew x5
  • Pheon x50
  • Legendary Engraving Recipe Selection Chest x5
  • Regulus's Light Currency Chest x20
  • Special Legendary Card Selection Pack x1
  • Book of Judgment Chest x1
  • Wishful Amulet x5
  • Menelik's Tome x5
People pointing out the picture shows some things that aren't actually given (i.e. elixirs) so they were nixed for our version.
"That was a mistake on the image part, the image is being corrected" - AGS

Last edited:

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Came to post here. The rewards are lack luster and should have included a legendary skin, legendary elixirs, & something NA unique.

With that being said, some things that stand out:

1) Bard the most popular class? Wtf? It's not even a bot class. This makes no sense.
2) The one tap statistic is stupid. This clearly encompasses low level gear at 90% hit rates, which is so far from a reality. Give us the one tap rate for gear that was +20 or higher?
3) The Brel clear rate versus Kayangel surprising to me.

Last edited:

Malakriss

Much like the honing rate it's probably cherry picked so "Raid Clear" means Brel G4 (G6) cleared instead of 1-2 or 1-3. Kayangel is much more likely to have every gate completed.