Lost Ark Online

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Ags are dogshit and prog in this game sucks, but combat is extremely good - I’ve been playing for almost 8 months now, have a 1610 aero, 1600 artist and a couple of useless 1520 chars I just do normal Brel on. Did valtan extreme last night and man it was fun. Looking forward to next powerpass, feels like anniversary should have had one.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Ags are dogshit and prog in this game sucks, but combat is extremely good - I’ve been playing for almost 8 months now, have a 1610 aero, 1600 artist and a couple of useless 1520 chars I just do normal Brel on. Did valtan extreme last night and man it was fun. Looking forward to next powerpass, feels like anniversary should have had one.

There's no one who can/should defend the honing system and how AGS has handled things in the West but anyone who doesn't find the combat incredible is high. We messed around in Valtan Extreme hard for a few hours last night and it was a lot of fun.

Now someone explain why they didn't extend the engraving support until Breaker next month please. There has to be a reason, even if it's as retarded as Shieldmaiden's take as to why we didn't get legendary skins for the anniversary.

Looking forward to playing Asura Breaker in March & Thaemine in April though; game will keep me active until there's another option in the MMO market, which won't be until Riot releases something.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Finally got my extreme Valtan clear done. I knew based on the KR praise that I was going to like it quite a bit but the NA version was even better due to how tight the DPS component was since not everyone has 40 elixirs and most people are right at ilvl. Obligatory:

1707671890007.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
To better help players prepare for the release of Thaemine, we’ve decided to move the Road to Thaemine event up a month to the March Update.
On March 6 and 13 we plan to run two rounds of server merges that will target all regions to enhance the group gameplay experience in the open world of Arkesia. We will share the full plans and policies in a future article.

In the Summer of 2024 we plan to merge NA West, NA East, and SA into one enormous region.
So eventually all of the cards and pheons i have stashed away on jump start will be rolled in.

edit: should do all the spires and collect the legendary combat engraving bags and other roster limit rewards before the merge

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God

Malakriss

Merges coming? Need to act like they're doing something

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

Guess they're not targeting gems then cuz I sold a shitload recently lol. These devs are fucking dumb and greedy as hell. Fuck this game honestly.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

Really looking forward to merges albeit obviously server location and ping is going to be a pretty big deal. Good to see them banning RMT, I found this screenshot from Reddit pretty funny though:

1708150706620.png

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Such waste potential for what could have been a fantastic game.

For the 17 real people that play it and have enjoyed it, awesome.

The combat and classes in this game were phenomenal, the rest of the game was a dumpster fire though.

Del

Vyemm Raider
There's a rest of the game?

I'm still playing and still enjoying. Yeah, it's tedious at times, but it's held my attention more than any other game before it honestly. Extreme Valtan was a nice change of pace. Great reward too.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
There's a rest of the game?

I'm still playing and still enjoying. Yeah, it's tedious at times, but it's held my attention more than any other game before it honestly. Extreme Valtan was a nice change of pace. Great reward too.
Pretty much this. The game is combat & raiding. If that doesn't appeal to a person than it's not the game for them. For those that enjoy that aspect, we've now been playing for over two years. There isn't many games that hold my attention for two months, especially these days.

Such waste potential for what could have been a fantastic game.

For the 17 real people that play it and have enjoyed it, awesome.

The combat and classes in this game were phenomenal, the rest of the game was a dumpster fire though.

As one of the 17 real people that play consistently, I'd love to better understand how you feel that the player base is small. I'm able to find a lobby to do all current content any day of the week at any time (I queued an Akkan at 3AM EST yesterday and there was about 8 lobbies up). There are multiple instances up for field bosses on my server when it spawns and the game hasn't merged anything since launch 2 years ago. There's this strange notion that the Steam charts are inflated because 90% of the players that appear there are bots but then Lost Ark appears as a top 10 grossing revenue on Steam during year two, which removes the original pre-order price for the game (remember, it's F2P) and wouldn't encompass the dumbass streamer revenue who were buying massive gold at launch for honing. It doesn't have a million players but it has a healthy population, especially when you remember that we aren't even the primary region for the game, nor do we generate anywhere near the money that the other regions do (looking at you KR & China).

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
I logged back in at the start of the anniversary boosts to dick around, after having not played for ages, in search of a way to kill some spare time before my first kid arrives in April. When I quit the first time around I had 90 island spirits, pretty much every collectible done, etc... I was a zerker main with 1500 GS, but I used the event to boost a Paladin, figuring it'd give me a shot of getting in groups, and support is easier to play to learn most fights. That said...

Plus side: They've added SO many QOL things that I wish had been there day one. Honestly, stuff like the travelling merchants, ocean liners being available from anywhere in a zone, etc. all are amazing changes that make the game so much more enjoyable to play. Only having to do one guardian, ebony cube now being a merge of halls of the sun/cube is great, the list goes on and on.

Down side: The biggest issue I have is that as someone who has watched the raids on youtube/guidance channels, is that the barriers to entry are massive. People have 0 patience for mistakes, and all the guilds seem fully formed with set raid crews. Maybe its different in NA, as i'm in Europe, but its been pretty disheartening. I've paid gold for my zerker to get bussed through 1-3 in Brelshaza normal (which is normally less than the gold you make, so I still make a little gold from it) just so it can get some gear, and I'm up to 1505 GS on the zerker and 1532 on the Paladin, but haven't managed to get a single clown group that was accepting of mistakes, even on the support. Combat blows ARPGs out of the water (10 skills instead of the usual 4!? And you use all of them pretty much on CD/situational) without a doubt.

And the raids do have so many wipe mechanics that I understand peoples impatience with someone learning. 6 mins in to the fight and you're animation locked in the wrong spot because you didn't remember the exact combo of signs from the boss and poof, you're dead/you wiped the raid does make people less willing to take learners.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I logged back in at the start of the anniversary boosts to dick around, after having not played for ages, in search of a way to kill some spare time before my first kid arrives in April. When I quit the first time around I had 90 island spirits, pretty much every collectible done, etc... I was a zerker main with 1500 GS, but I used the event to boost a Paladin, figuring it'd give me a shot of getting in groups, and support is easier to play to learn most fights. That said...

Plus side: They've added SO many QOL things that I wish had been there day one. Honestly, stuff like the travelling merchants, ocean liners being available from anywhere in a zone, etc. all are amazing changes that make the game so much more enjoyable to play. Only having to do one guardian, ebony cube now being a merge of halls of the sun/cube is great, the list goes on and on.

Down side: The biggest issue I have is that as someone who has watched the raids on youtube/guidance channels, is that the barriers to entry are massive. People have 0 patience for mistakes, and all the guilds seem fully formed with set raid crews. Maybe its different in NA, as i'm in Europe, but its been pretty disheartening. I've paid gold for my zerker to get bussed through 1-3 in Brelshaza normal (which is normally less than the gold you make, so I still make a little gold from it) just so it can get some gear, and I'm up to 1505 GS on the zerker and 1532 on the Paladin, but haven't managed to get a single clown group that was accepting of mistakes, even on the support. Combat blows ARPGs out of the water (10 skills instead of the usual 4!? And you use all of them pretty much on CD/situational) without a doubt.

And the raids do have so many wipe mechanics that I understand peoples impatience with someone learning. 6 mins in to the fight and you're animation locked in the wrong spot because you didn't remember the exact combo of signs from the boss and poof, you're dead/you wiped the raid does make people less willing to take learners.

Completely agree that the barrier to entry for raids is terrible. The problem is also prevalent on NA. I was doing a quick Kayangel yesterday and ended up inviting a 1580 Aeromancer (crit synergy + not wanting to wait for more applicants) and at the end of the run the dude was so grateful that we took him and it sounded as if he had been rejected by a lot of lobbies. To your point, the QOL improvements are in huge abundance and it's very far from the game people remember from launch but since the game is raiding, this aspect is quite problematic. For those that play with friends it's a non-issue but for the casual solo MMO player it's incredibly frustrating. You made the correct choice by picking a support though, I'd recommend using the path to Thaemine boost that's coming out in March to boost your Paladin, you'll get it to 1600 relatively easily with that and you'll be able to get into any lobby you want.

P.S. Grats on the first one!

• 1Like

Malakriss

For Jump Start characters if you had extra stuff you were hoping would get merged...

March 6
Vykas merges into Azakiel
Adrinne merges into Karta
March 13
Karta merges with Azakiel, renamed Nineveh

March 6
Enviska merges into Valtan
Akkan merges into Lauriel
March 13
Valtan merges with Lauriel, renamed Brelshaza

la_server_merge_whoghnzn2dmc1.png

Last edited:

Malakriss

Things you'll need to do upon logging in this week... and will have to repeat again next week:

Card Catalog Alt+C - immediately go into Cards : Universal Storage tab and claim your cards back 40 at a time
Card Deck - Completely wiped out saved sets for every character, you will have to redo your LOS, KLC, etc
Roster Storage - items all moved to Universal Storage
Gathering tools - items all moved to Universal Storage you will have to reequip
Skin storage - Roster and character skins will need to be claimed and put back in
Currency taskbar - Reselect your display options

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Malakriss

As appreciation for your patience in this extended downtime, for the March 13th merges, you will receive the following items:
  • Chaos Dungeon Rest Bonus Recovery Brew (x2)
  • Aura of Resonance Recovery Elixir (x2)
  • Daily Una instant Complete Ticket (x10)
  • Collective Battle Item Chest (x3)
  • Metallurgy: Welding Selection Chest (x1)
  • Tailoring: Mending Selection Chest (x5)
  • Honing Leapstone Selection Chest VI (x5)
  • Ancient Platinum Coin (x15)
  • Royal Fusion Material Selection Chest (x2)
  • Refined Obliteration stone Pouch (x5)
  • Refined Protection Stone Pouch (x13)
  • Honor Shard Pouch Chest (x2)
19 hour maintenance, we'll see if they have troubles and destroy login streaks they claim streaks will not be affected
update: NAW region extended maintenance, rest of the regions on track
update2: 6pm ET NAE servers are showing up 1 at a time on server status page in maintenance
update3: 7pm ET NAE servers are green and up
update4: NAE server names are switched up and not what they said they would be for the merging servers.
update5: AGS updated the blog post for what the names ended up as, so they have no intention of admitting they fubared and are rolling with it
update6: NAW even more fubar good luck for Friday
update7: NAW up but it looks like blue crystal sales are capped at 650 gold for some hilarious reason, login streaks were reset but they might fix that later

Last edited: