Lord of the Rings Online

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Minstrel is great since it's a ranged DPS that can cast while moving, makes for fast combat. Hunter is also fast killing, but need to keep still most of the time. Lore-master is a pet class that kills shit fast.

If you're going for a "lore" run, then you'll be wanting to do all the quests in each zone which means you'll outlevel shit pretty quick making combat mostly trivial (with the exceptions of instances you may queue for). After having mucked about with most classes I'm sticking with Champion and Minstrel for an initial lore level run.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Rolled a new LM on Arkenstone since it's supposed to have the highest end-game pop. All my old characters were on Brandywine I guess; had a 42 hunter and 20 LM, so no big loss.

Glad to see they added addons, auto looting, etc. Game feels better too. We'll see if it holds my interest this time!

For some reason I can't change away from DX9 in graphics settings, though...

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Hunter is also fast killing, but need to keep still most of the time.

Your info is outdated. Hunter's get a mobile spec now, it's much different. And hunters are awesome cause you get ports to like everywhere, which saves you a ton of time.

Also, you can run multiple instances of the client, if you want to play more than 1 character.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
How is this game? I'm getting an MMO itch and I hate WoW and I'm burned out on GW2.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, it's decent. If you do spend bux on it, the first thing you should buy is the wallet upgrade, since it frees up a shit ton of bag space by converting currency tokens items into wallet items.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Finally got my account working. What server is everyone on?

Think the few people here playing are spread around? I just started on Arkenstone, which is supposedly the highest pop with the highest end-game pop. Crickhollow seems to be just as equally populated but more early level population.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Going to roll on Arkenstone. Name is Calbiyum if anyone wants to add me on FL

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
BTW, I found out what happened to all my old characters, they were on servers that had closed and were eligible for free character transfer. You just have to click the Transfer button on the login screen first. I knew I had more lol

So I looked at that and it shows like 9 characters but I can only find 2 on available servers, plus it wants points to move them... :/

Raes

Vyemm Raider
So I looked at that and it shows like 9 characters but I can only find 2 on available servers, plus it wants points to move them... :/

I don't remember how many points it cost to transfer a character, but points are pretty easy to farm. That's why I made a second account and leveled a hunter. Ports, runspeed buff, instant ranged oneshots, makes farming the lower level deeds on a new toon go pretty fast. It's how I buy the expansions and account upgrades.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Do we have anyone at the high-end game? I'm wondering what the most sought after classes are outside of tank/healer...

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Do we have anyone at the high-end game? I'm wondering what the most sought after classes are outside of tank/healer...
I somehow got guilded (Kinshipped?) into a group with a small sect of end-game farmers and it seems to be a grab bag. So long as you have some form of the Trinity, it doesn't seem to really matter. Beoring seem to be the least desirable at end-game. Other night they were using the LM bear pet as a tank when they couldn't get one to bite. I'd say any class but Beoring and Burg are useful. Champion is less desirable due to so many single target bosses and the Champion being multi-target.

Again, all based on stuff I have heard and nothing I've played.

• 1Like

Letsinod

Lord Nagafen Raider

I have multiple 115's that are T2 Raid geared. I am on Crickhollow though. I would not burn points on transfer as it is really expensive. If your on Crick let me know via PM.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Rolled up a Hunter to go along with my LM (17 now). This blue line allowing mobile shooting is much better than hunter of old. Also leveling pretty damn fast just doing the main story questline (running other quests only if needed to get the next story quest).

Brikker and Brikshot on Arkenstone if anyone else is there.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah I've seen/read/heard that Hunter's are fuckin everywhere. I remember that always being the case, too. Thus why I went LM for a "main"; I like the class fantasy (Gandalf woo) and they seem like they're still pretty needed at the end game.

Can't figure if it's best to go blue or red line on LM for leveling, though...

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Welp looks like my LOTRO return might be cut short. Tried downloading/installing on my desktop (been playing on a laptop while I house-sit) and every time I load the launcher it sits on "Installing Pre-Reqs" for ever without changing. Nothing I've found on Google has been of any help.

rip lotro