Lord of the Rings Online

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Neither. As much as I hate all final fantasy games the catgirls are really cute in the mmo.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The elf is deleted yea. I was up north of Nogrost I think is the name of the place? With the dourhand dwarf enemies. Another player was in trouble so I healed him, then didn't notice that one of the dorfs was throwing axes at me. Then I got double sauron air strikes and that was it.

That reminds me, one of the things I really liked about this game was how you can get titles/suffixes for not dying at all. I tried a few times to go for "The Immortal" but I kept getting to the 2nd-to-last title for not dying so I stopped. I think "The Immortal" is at level 20 but it might be higher.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah but are there Catgirls and Bunnygirls?
Best I can do is female dwarves.
dis.jpg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm 19.5 on my new character. Got alot of that with crafting. Grandmaster Farmer and cook with a pack full of beer and weed!

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
That reminds me, one of the things I really liked about this game was how you can get titles/suffixes for not dying at all. I tried a few times to go for "The Immortal" but I kept getting to the 2nd-to-last title for not dying so I stopped. I think "The Immortal" is at level 20 but it might be higher.

It's "The Undying" and yeah, it's at level 20. Have it on most of my characters, but not my Burglar main. Was my first character and I think I died in the intro, too many adds.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's "The Undying" and yeah, it's at level 20. Have it on most of my characters, but not my Burglar main. Was my first character and I think I died in the intro, too many adds.

IIRC I got to level 19 on one attempt and made the mistake of zoning into an instance that I didn't know how to zone out of. So as soon as I got into some trouble, I found myself stuck in that instance, running in a big circle until I had to just give up. Yeah, it was pretty sad.

I thought the title was "The Immortal", which is cooler to me than "The Undying". I feel less bad about not getting it at least.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Apparently Jagger Jack is the new title remover. I've been avoiding it.

There's also that constable quest in staddle where you advance the quest (and most people don't read) and 3 bandits spawn and jump you. On deadly, one shot from an archer, regular damage, is about 1/3rd of your bar. Avoiding that one too :emoji_laughing:

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I both love and hate the level 20 Undying title. It's a cool feature, but fuck does it feel bad to get to the high teens and die due to stupidity. Even though I'd never even use the title, the perfectionist in me makes me want to restart each and every god damn time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I made it a few days ago. 19.99 was super perilous. It's like the game knew.

One fight was a bear that put a nasty bleed on me and I screwed up and bleed cured my pet instead of me. Potion saved me.

The other was a wolf that got sauron's blue eye buff. I think it must be some kind of damage reduction because I just couldn't kill it. It killed 2 pets and I basically ran around kiting it drinking potions till it finally died.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Loremaster, if you spec towards it can have strongish pets. The captain has a pet person sortof. I don't think they can take much damage though.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Thank you. I played this briefly around 2009ish, and never went back. Curious to see how it all changed since then.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
It's a pretty decent MMO if you like the LotR universe. But it is small and has a small production team. Feel free to try out the free stuff, but if you don't like it by lvl 20 you won't like it full stop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
FYI, the slow progression server (Treebeard) is opening up the first expansion Mines of Moria on Wednesday, January 5. I've been slowly leveling up and enjoying the story pace. With the reduced exp from the Treebeard server and the increased landscape difficulty, it really feels like I'm playing an MMO circa 2003. I'm not outleveling quests or zones, and mobs in the open world actually pose a danger; more than one or two even con mobs require use of all my abilities, and 3+ requires cooldown use or results in death. I'm really enjoying it compared to the frenetic pace of WoW.

Despite its age, I still think it is a damn good looking MMO. The character models are showing their age, but they did such a fantastic job crafting the world. A few screenshots for those interested:

ScreenShot_2021-12-19_000416_0.jpg

ScreenShot_2021-12-19_224029_0.jpg

ScreenShot_2021-12-22_233825_0.jpg

ScreenShot_2021-12-26_225626_0.jpg

ScreenShot_2021-12-29_204613_0.jpg

ScreenShot_2021-12-29_204830_0.jpg

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Juvarisx

Florida
FYI, the slow progression server (Treebeard) is opening up the first expansion Mines of Moria on Wednesday, January 5. I've been slowly leveling up and enjoying the story pace. With the reduced exp from the Treebeard server and the increased landscape difficulty, it really feels like I'm playing an MMO circa 2003. I'm not outleveling quests or zones, and mobs in the open world actually pose a danger; more than one or two even con mobs require use of all my abilities, and 3+ requires cooldown use or results in death. I'm really enjoying it compared to the frenetic pace of WoW.

Despite its age, I still think it is a damn good looking MMO. The character models are showing their age, but they did such a fantastic job crafting the world. A few screenshots for those interested:

Man mines was such a fun feeling entering it for the first time even though I was a few expansion late experiencing it. Really felt old school as everyhitng was huge and it really had that go fuck yourself go die in this gigantic confusing maze that you will never memorize aspect to it once you left this first area.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

Im waiting for the big graphics update thats coming out before I dive back into this.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Im waiting for the big graphics update thats coming out before I dive back into this.
When is that? Would definitely run back through this (and try to make it to cap...) with updated graphics.

LoTRO had some of the best ambiance/environment feel to me of any MMO, maybe because I like the books/story so much but thought it was well done.

Last edited:

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Moria is one of my favorite MMO expansions of all time. It really sucked me in the first time I went through it. I went through a couple years ago and wrapped up almost all the kill and quest achievements in the expansion, as a excuse to revisit it.