Love, Death & Robots

Ome

Molten Core Raider
The stories that I would like to see more of in no certain order would be...

Sonnies Edge
Suits
Beyond the Aquila Rift
Good Hunting
Secret War

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
I went into this with a rancid attitude. Then, the writing surprised me; the first episode was an absolute treat. I just need them to have this level of writing in their other content.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I’m not done with series yet but I found the three robots walking around the apocalyptic city to be completely flat, almost cringe worthy, but it has been in rather stark contrast to the rest so far.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rime

<Donor>
Only did the first three so far on my morning commute. Sonnie's Edge was the best of the bunch. I would watch an entire series based on biological-robot fighting machines.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
I’m not done with series yet but I found the three robots walking around the apocalyptic city to be completely flat, almost cringe worthy, but it has been in rather stark contrast to the rest so far.

There's a couple that are. The Hilter one hurt my brain.

But that's why the short format works so well. If you hit a bad one, there's going to be parts of it that aren't bad, and the whole thing doesn't take too long. I think I just realized what sex must be like for women.

And really 3 Robots and Hitler will appeal to a different type of person than me. So i'm fine with an anthology that tries to cater to a wider audience. They were more flat than outrageously bad.

You know, I think i've seen and read a few of those stories before. The Dracula one i'm almost certain WAS a heavy metal magazine story. The one with Topher Grace seemed awful familiar too. Which isn't a bad thing. And they're shorts... so there's going to be some samey involved. Only so many ways you can tell a "dracula eats everyone" story.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just watched episode 1, and if they are all nearly as good or better, then this series is gold.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
There's a couple that are. The Hilter one hurt my brain.

But that's why the short format works so well. If you hit a bad one, there's going to be parts of it that aren't bad, and the whole thing doesn't take too long. I think I just realized what sex must be like for women.

And really 3 Robots and Hitler will appeal to a different type of person than me. So i'm fine with an anthology that tries to cater to a wider audience. They were more flat than outrageously bad.

You know, I think i've seen and read a few of those stories before. The Dracula one i'm almost certain WAS a heavy metal magazine story. The one with Topher Grace seemed awful familiar too. Which isn't a bad thing. And they're shorts... so there's going to be some samey involved. Only so many ways you can tell a "dracula eats everyone" story.

Yeah, Sonnie's Edge and the Aquila rift ones were short stories published in collections, as were some of the other episodes.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I liked the first episode and the one with the farmers. All the others I thought were pretty sub-par from awful to just marginal. But that first episode was the tits.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Man, the werewolf one really did it for me. There is a severe lack of good werewolf cinema and that is a fucking shame.

And before anyone says Underworld, fuck that series. They brought out William as the huge, badass villian in number 2 only to ice him in under a minute. That series can kiss my ass.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rime

<Donor>
Love, Death & Robots
BEYOND THE AQUILA RIFT
Season: 1
Episode: 7
Air date: 2019-03-15

Awakening after traveling light years off course, a ship's crew struggles to discover just how far they've come.

Revision: I did not know that Beyond the Aquila Rift was in this. No idea how I missed that it was being adapted. It is the best episode in the series. They nailed it perfectly.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
a while ago i read a collection of sci-fi short stories that were put together by isaac asimov. they were written by various sci-fi writers and they were all about 3-5 pages. i LOVED that book and this series felt like the same thing (though obviously more adult in content).

the couple of goofy ones (the yogurt story, hitler, 3 robots) were totally fine because while i wouldn't want to watch a long form show about those (or in that style), they were nice breather's in between some of the heavier episodes.

also, i LOVED shapeshifters.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
#1 was excellent. #7 - "Beyond the Aquila Rift" was one of the best episodes of anything that I have seen in a long time. Impressive animation too. It reminded me of a Stephen King short story from the 80's called "The Jaunt."

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
This series as a whole was great. While they obviously weren't consistent quality, I didn't really dislike any of them except the Hitler one.

Some pretty amazing animation in there, enough that my initial reaction to 'Ice Age' was 'no way', rather than 'wait, why isn't this animated'.

iannis

Musty Nester
#1 was excellent. #7 - "Beyond the Aquila Rift" was one of the best episodes of anything that I have seen in a long time. Impressive animation too. It reminded me of a Stephen King short story from the 80's called "The Jaunt."
Really? King wrote a jaunt story.

I haven't read the book in a long time. I think it was published as tiger tiger in america, it's a British author. Man that was a great book. Dealt with telekinetic teleportation. Gully foyle, eh!