Low Winter Sun

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Low Winter Sun

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2013-08-11

Creator: Chris Mundy

Cast: Mark Strong, Lennie James, James Ransone, Ruben Santiago-Hudson, Sprague Grayden, Athena Karkanis, Billy Lush, David Costabile, Mickey Sumner

Overview: Seemingly the perfect crime, the murder of a cop by a fellow Detroit detective activates forces that will forever alter the detective's life, and pull him into the heart of the Detroit underworld.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I couldn't find the thread, hard to believe no one posted this before me so someone link the thread and show what an asshole I am.

Premieres after Breaking Bad's opener. I will definitely be checking this out. Mark strong and Lennie James are both awesome.

spronk

FPS noob
thats some damn fine actors, sounds like a good cop show. For a second I thought when the bald internal affairs guy took off his hat, OMG OBSERVERS and then realized oh wait probably not
frown.png

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got a thing the other day to go to a premiere screening in limited theaters that would have been last night, followed by a live streamed Q&A with the producer and some actors.

Alas, Monday is dart night.

Anyways, the description from the e-mail.

Set in Detroit, "Low Winter Sun" is a contemporary story of murder, deception, revenge and corruption in a world where the line between cops and criminals is blurred. This gritty, edgy and provocative crime drama begins with an act of retribution -- the murder of a dirty cop by two fellow Detroit detectives, Frank Agnew (Mark Strong) and Joe Geddes (Lennie James). Seemingly the perfect crime, in reality the murder activates forces that will forever alter Agnew's life, and pull him into the heart of the Detroit underworld.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
For some reason this doesn't really tickle my pickle at all. I'll give it a shot though.

If I was in charge of AMC, I would just stop having them add in anything about The Killing because that show is dogshit.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Thumbs way down, looks rubbish. Okay, it won't let me actually watch it, darn stupid region restrictions!
tongue.png

Sounds like a great cast though, will give it a try. Just like I really should get round to trying Breaking Bad again after giving it one season and stopping. It must get better from all the raving about it!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
show looks a little generic. and i dont trust AMC's track record.

Thumbs way down, looks rubbish. Okay, it won't let me actually watch it, darn stupid region restrictions!
tongue.png

Sounds like a great cast though, will give it a try. Just like I really should get round to trying Breaking Bad again after giving it one season and stopping. It must get better from all the raving about it!
does this work for you gwen?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ntApp/?src=api

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Set in Detroit, "Low Winter Sun" is a contemporary story of murder, deception, revenge and corruption in a world where the line between cops and criminals is blurred. This gritty, edgy and provocative crime drama begins with an act of retribution -- the murder of a dirty cop by two fellow Detroit detectives, Frank Agnew (Mark Strong) and Joe Geddes (Lennie James). Seemingly the perfect crime, in reality the murder activates forces that will forever alter Agnew's life, and pull him into the heart of the Detroit underworld.
Plot looks like The Shield in Detroit. Also, the showrunner is Chris Mundy, a bland yesman who wrote on Cold Case, Criminal Minds and Hell on Wheels. Doesn't look good at all.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am tired of all the dark series and anti-heroes but I do like the twist of the "hero" being manipulated and tricked off the bat.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
So that's Bizarro World Ziggy (The Wire) making an appearance?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Great pilot. I love that they've got Mark Strong playing the same role he did in the BBC series, although I never actually got around to watching the original.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Now I feel bad for not paying attention, instead just letting the first 30 minutes pass so I could see the next Breaking Bad preview.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im impressed Lennie James has such a good american accent for a dude from London . he was greatin Snatch too. nice seeing Gale back in a tv show as well. dunno who the bald white dude is but he is a pretty good actor. i like what i see so far.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database