Lucy with Scarlett Johannson (wholly crap)

Bladefury

N00b
the current existence of the impossible
That's dumb. It's not an impossibility, it's simply something we don't fully understand yet.
That's like saying that flight was impossible, until we built an aircraft that could fly. It was always POSSIBLE, but it just wasn't discovered or understood.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
What's to stop them from making another batch? Of all the things that bothered me in the movie, I think that bothered me the most.

Caliane

What's to stop them from making another batch? Of all the things that bothered me in the movie, I think that bothered me the most.
That applies to just about ANYTHING with a macguffin like this.
Limitless did the same thing. magic +smarter drug. Its pretty much never explained why his random friend had this stuff, why he was just causally using/selling it..
We never see the people in the lab that made it in the first place. or what THEY were doing with it.

And more in general. Scientists will only ever make 1 copy of macguffin. Never any prototypes. No plans for device on file. No paperwork, no math. nothing. its ALWAYS just in someones head.
If device is used or destroyed, its gone forever. even the scientist who didn't keep backups, will magically forget how to make it again.

so its hard to fault this movie for that. As really, they all do that same shit.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
A lot of macguffins can be explained by just saying the +gooder device required a limited resource.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wasn't the limitless explanation that the company went out of business shortly after developing it? So some guys in R&D probably made a quick buck.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
No, the Limitless explanation was that there were horrible side effects from taking it and eventual death or perma-coma. Something like that.

khorum

Murder Apologist
It would have to be a limited resource or it wouldn't make for an entertaining superpower pill. It would just be vitamins if everyone had access to it, like antibiotics or high fructose corn syrup.

From the perspective of a 17th century russian serf, everyone alive in the west today is some kind of mutant Kryptonian superfreak.