MacGyver: The Movie

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Movie Reboot in Works | Variety

Lionsgate is developing a movie reboot of the action-adventure TV series ?MacGyver,? with CBS planning a remake of the show.

Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer made the disclosure of both projects on Friday during Lionsgate?s earnings call with analysts. He said the movie would be produced by series creator Lee David Zlotoff and Neal Moritz, producer of ?The Fast and the Furious? franchise, but gave no further details.
this might be fun, though i dunno if the original macgyver is in any condition to star in this.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
No chance, RDA is done. It's scary, I mean he was lean and mean in Stargate for how many years and then all of a sudden he pulled a Carrie Fisher.

rrr_img_125507.jpg

Szlia

I hear there is a major studio in Hollywood that is looking for a new president. Requirement for the job: owning a TV Guide from 1986.

spronk

FPS noob
look RDA has saved the universe enough times that he is allowed to eat all the twinkies he wants

i bet mcgyver will be a hispanic chick

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
look RDA has saved the universe enough times that he is allowed to eat all the twinkies he wants

i bet mcgyver will be a hispanic chick
The best way would be a son/daughter/niece/whatever family, keeping up with the traditions. Which allows you to slip a cameo, if you really, really want (given his looks, make him on his death's bed).

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The thing is it won't be MacGyver. The quaint 80s TV style "no blood" action thing is long dead. I anticipate this will basically be a rape and pillage of the IP with a bad Bourne movie clone.

spronk

FPS noob
RDA has saved the galaxy so many times that yeah he can eat all the twinkies he wants

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I anticipate this will basically be a rape and pillage of the IP
The last decade of Hollywood summed up perfectly! When you are out of ideas, do the responsible thing and recycle.... Either its a reboot or its a part 2/3/4/16 of something made in the 90?s.