Mad Men

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I've been pondering which Mad Men character I'm most like in terms of personality, and I've come to the depressing conclusion that I'm either:

a) a much less successful Pete

or

b) a much less charismatic Bob Benson (and minus the gay)
Price, minus the English and Death
frown.png

iannis

Musty Nester
Burt, minus the being rich.

I just sit around and think everybody's dumb. But I also don't really care.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Beardy McBeardson. I can't believe how much of a twat he was when he was first introduced. Now I think he's a pretty cool cat. That's pretty similar to how people perceive me.

Brad2770

I am probably like Harry Crane. I have a lot of great ideas and can be pretty innovative at times, but because I am a buffoon most of the time, people do not take me seriously.

Anyways, so I finally watched the Finale. I think this was the best one yet. I LOVE that he opened up and I LOVE that he is showing who he used to be to his kids. Ken getting shot in the face; I actually yelled out loud at the TV. Ken is one of my favorite characters and I have been saying since I watched season 2 (which i started back about 7 months ago, so it hasnt been long) that if he died, I would stop watching. I am glad he isnt dead.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Thread is getting sorta gay with all this Sex and the City-like "what character are you?" nonsense.

(I'd like to think I'm Cosgrove, but I suspect most of my office thinks I'm Bob.)

iannis

Musty Nester
Thread is sorta gay just in the premise. We're a bunch of housewives sitting around talking about our stories.

You think Don Draper is out there during the season breaks talking about what's going to happen to Sam on the next season of Bewitched? Hell no, Don Draper is out there fucking skanks, drinking rye, lamenting the human condition, and being awesome.

Brad2770

If everyone could be like Don, there would be no reason to watch a character like Don.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I wouldn't want to be like Don, at least not in anything but his supreme confidence and skill. Overall he's a terrible human being.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I worked at a restaurant when the Sex & the City movie came out. Old ass women actually got dressed up and had a "Sex and the City party," to make a big event of the movie. One table brought in a Sex & the City tablecloth to use on the table. At one point I walked by a table of old ugly sluts and they were asking each other what character they were most like. I shot myself in the head immediately after that

I laugh at how that show is portrayed. It's supposed to be about a group of sophisticated, independent city women living the good life. What it's really about is old sluts who are desperately insecure and can't brush their teeth without a man. I automatically lose respect for any woman who enjoys that show as anything more than some base, shameful, the-reason-I-watch-Jersey-Shore-kind-of-way show.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I had a girlfriend with "The Rachel" haircut. BTW - How the fuck could they afford that apartment? You don't make that much selling coffee.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I had a girlfriend with "The Rachel" haircut. BTW - How the fuck could they afford that apartment? You don't make that much selling coffee.
You're talking about Friends now, right? If you are, I believe Monica inherited that massive apartment from her grandmother, and was able to keep the super old (read: low) rent along with it.

*edit* I just realized what I typed and I'll go ahead and turn in my man card at the door on the way out.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Never watched an episode of Friends or Sex and the City. Woo.

Anyway, thought the season ended on a good note, but I was kinda hoping Don would end up going to California, just because you know he's gonna take his problems wherever he goes, and it would have been really interesting to see him have that 'wherever you go, there you are' realization, that California and Hawaii and wherever are only an escape for him because it's somewhere away from his normal life. Maybe that's a little sadistic of me, but we know where Don is gonna end up and I thought that would be a really interesting direction to go for a few episodes.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
You're talking about Friends now, right? If you are, I believe Monica inherited that massive apartment from her grandmother, and was able to keep the super old (read: low) rent along with it.

*edit* I just realized what I typed and I'll go ahead and turn in my man card at the door on the way out.
HAHAHAHA FAG

But seriously, I have several more theories about the relationship between Megan and Don, and Don's true jealousy of Ted's righteousness...

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Never watched an episode of Friends or Sex and the City. Woo.

Anyway, thought the season ended on a good note, but I was kinda hoping Don would end up going to California, just because you know he's gonna take his problems wherever he goes, and it would have been really interesting to see him have that 'wherever you go, there you are' realization, that California and Hawaii and wherever are only an escape for him because it's somewhere away from his normal life. Maybe that's a little sadistic of me, but we know where Don is gonna end up and I thought that would be a really interesting direction to go for a few episodes.
I think he already had that realization last time he went to California. He made the comment "Usually I feel better when I'm out here" and all that crazy shit happened. He can't outrun it anymore.