Mad Men

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah, I dunno exactly how long my short list of all time favorite television characters would be but Roger Sterling is definitely on it.

The only thing about that scene that bothered me was the idea of Peggy rollerskating drunk in a half gutted office floor and not ending up on a stretcher.

Ganthorn

N00b
I wonder if Joan is going to change her mind after Peggy finds out what it is really like there. The guy basically said Peggy really isn't going to be running anything for long.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, I dunno exactly how long my short list of all time favorite television characters would be but Roger Sterling is definitely on it.

The only thing about that scene that bothered me was the idea of Peggy rollerskating drunk in a half gutted office floor and not ending up on a stretcher.
"You know I need to make men feel at ease."

"Who told you that?"

Sterling does have some great lines.

iannis

Musty Nester
Don's ditzy secretary truly is awesome.

She's just so bubbly.

I think that probably was the old office sets. The greenscreens have been really cheap this season. I'm sure the final few episodes have seen some budget cuts, and reusing an entire set would fit right in. At least it works well thematically as well, and it's not just being cheap for the sake of being cheap.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Joan really just got where she was by strong arming the seniors into giving her equity for her accounts. They don't really give a flying fuck about the pennies she is now bringing in and she doesn't exactly have a record of being a great account manager. She just had a few people that liked her in the right positions at some companies. I can understand the new place wanting her to operate in less a capacity instead of more.

iannis

Musty Nester
Well, Joan got to where she was by taking one for the team. A small, smelly one at that.

It wasn't all Joan being a bitch. Joan got laid, they got paaaaaiiiiid.

They did owe Joan quite a bit. But the guys over at Turd's place don't owe her crap. That's probably in the boilerplate all the secretaries sign at hiring. "We reserve the right to pimp you out.[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */#raepculture"

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
All of Peggy's awesome in the previous episode is going to be contrasted by her being promptly fired. She was on all of Joan's accounts, Joan is gone, and both Joan and Don have wrecked the merger. From Peggy's perspective it will be just one more time that Don and Joan cared about nothing other than themselves and shit on everyone else (her) in the process. From Jim Hobart's perspective Peggy is more S&P chick baggage he's not going to want any of.

spronk

FPS noob
i hope peggy isn't fired, i don't think she is in the same situation as joan since she isn't the "pinup girl" image. also the whole scene at the beginning where a bunch of women crowded into joan's office probably was important but i don't really understand anything women (really) say so it all kind of went over my head, i just assume they all hate each other since thats like true of 99% of women at work places

peggy is thug lyfe (lyrics nsfw).

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
We've watched her work so hard for so long, damn it. She deserves a "happy" ending.

If her character's conclusion was what we got last week (strutting into her new office pissed up with octopi pr0n) I'd be 100% fine with it.

"And then Peggy went to McCan and kicked ass and made a bunch of money and continued to be a workforce trailblazer and Hobart died and Ferg got sued for sexual harassment THE END"

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well, Joan got to where she was by taking one for the team. A small, smelly one at that.

It wasn't all Joan being a bitch. Joan got laid, they got paaaaaiiiiid.

They did owe Joan quite a bit. But the guys over at Turd's place don't owe her crap. That's probably in the boilerplate all the secretaries sign at hiring. "We reserve the right to pimp you out.[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */#raepculture"
But thats kind of what I'm geting at. She had a few accounts she was in charge of moving over and now she's jealously guarding them and they don't think she can handle new accounts. So why wouldn't they treat her as beneath them when her skillset is certainly the worst of any of the senior people they brought over.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's possible that her use of tact was an error. Jim might have responded completely differently if she told him that the reason she couldn't get along with Ferg is that he had expectations of sex from her. We saw a few times that he really didn't know anything about her and didn't care enough to learn. The way the meeting went to him it would have looked like she was the one that was being difficult and when her claws came out all his preconceived notions were validated. Oh, so you're exactly what I thought you were.

Or maybe she had no outs.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
CoBeloX.jpg

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
i hope peggy isn't fired, i don't think she is in the same situation as joan since she isn't the "pinup girl" image. also the whole scene at the beginning where a bunch of women crowded into joan's office probably was important but i don't really understand anything women (really) say so it all kind of went over my head, i just assume they all hate each other since thats like true of 99% of women at work places

peggy is thug lyfe (lyrics nsfw).
It was playing off what was in the previews--when Joan was mentoring Peggy and telling her to use her sexuality. The girls in the office, I'm guessing, were supposed to illustrate how most of Peggy's peers? Are shying away from using their sexuality to give them any edges, if you notice, both were dressed down and muted in what they wore (They dressed more like Peggy). The exact kind of get up Joan chided her for. (And two weeks ago, they played on the conversation again, and Peggy told her she has used it for advantages.)

I think it was to add credence to Jim Hobart (The President) being confident that no other women would join in on any kind of complaint. Because, whether he's right or wrong, he believes his own Account women/copywriters are professional, while Joan is not and openly uses sex to get ahead (And then tries to black mail people with it.) I'd put money on him knowing about how Joan got her partnership.

Not saying Joan was at fault, for anything, just I think those scenes were supposed to convey why the other characters acted the way they did.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
And from last week ...

i2XDZEy.gif
This is one of my favorite scenes ever, and probably is the top Pete scene now (better than getting his ass stomped by Price). It has Pete going crazy, Trudy being hot as shit, insane Campbell blueblood rhetoric and Pete hitting a dude. A perfect scene.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The don draper = db cooper theory is pretty good. Doubt it's going to happen but at the very least I don't think "don" ever goes back to work. He's due for an identity change.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The don draper = db cooper theory is pretty good. Doubt it's going to happen but at the very least I don't think "don" ever goes back to work. He's due for an identity change.
It's this season's Meagan = Manson Family victim theory. Matthew Weiner has avoided making any of the cast a major part of any of the real world events of that time period throughout the entire series. The closest Don will come to being D.B. Cooper is simply walking away from the life of Don Draper to start anew as someone else doing something else.

Though you're right the theory discussion is interesting, mainly because the whole D.B. Cooper event itself was so interesting.

This is one of my favorite scenes ever, and probably is the top Pete scene now (better than getting his ass stomped by Price). It has Pete going crazy, Trudy being hot as shit, insane Campbell blueblood rhetoric and Pete hitting a dude. A perfect scene.
I love the look on Trudy's face in that scene; she's simultaneously somewhat shocked at the whole thing and wants to jump Pete's bones.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's this season's Meagan = Manson Family victim theory. Matthew Weiner has avoided making any of the cast a major part of any of the real world events of that time period throughout the entire series.
I hadn't followed any fan theories on this show pretty much ever and hearing about that one highlights just how much a little hack writing could have wrecked this show. The temptation to Forest Gump the series full of famous people and have the main characters present at key events had to be pretty fucking high.

That said I'm really surprised that Woodstock came and went without being a thing.