Mad Men

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Mad Men

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2007-07-19

Creator: Matthew Weiner

Cast: John Slattery, Jon Hamm, Elisabeth Moss, Vincent Kartheiser, Christina Hendricks, January Jones, Aaron Staton, Rich Sommer, Kiernan Shipka, Jessica Paré, Kevin Rahm, Robert Morse

Overview: Mad Men is set in the 1960s, initially at the fictional Sterling Cooper advertising agency on Madison Avenue in New York City, and later at the newly created firm, Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce, located nearby in the Time-Life Building, at 1271 Avenue of the Americas. According to the show's pilot, the phrase "mad men" was a slang term coined in the 1950s by advertisers working on Madison Avenue to refer to themselves. The focal point of the series is Don Draper, creative director at Sterling Cooper and a founding partner at Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce, and the people in his life, both in and out of the office. The plot focuses on the business of the agencies as well as the personal lives of the characters, regularly depicting the changing moods and social mores of the United States in the 1960s.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_16403.jpg

Lowendtheory_sl

shitlord
Everyone should season 5 before this starts. There is a lot of stuff I missed or forgot the first time around, and its such an amazing season of television. Can't wait to see how Don answered that question.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Mad Men + GoT is going to be some good Sunday nights.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Everyone should season 5 before this starts. There is a lot of stuff I missed or forgot the first time around, and its such an amazing season of television. Can't wait to see how Don answered that question.
Pretty sure we know exactly how he answered it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
No. Draper's got the corner office, he's not some loser worker drone in a cubicle.
And isn't SCDP far from the #1 marketing agency on Madison? I guess I don't know where all the other companies are located but they aren't that big of a dog in the marketing scene yet, right? They're still growing?

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, they're kindof a scrappy up and comer. The agency basically *is* Don, as he's known as a phenomenal talent who refuses to work for the big agencies.

Tenks

So basically the link posted above is some dumb fuck hipster with a tumblr who just posts random photos with zero meaning to either the picture of the text provided along with it

So god damn happy this show is back so soon. This show exists in some kind of bubble for me, though. Me and the woman absolutely love it, but we've had a hell of a time trying to get anyone we know to give it a shot.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
My wife could not give less of a fuck about this show, it bores her to tears. I absolutely love it. I just rewatched the last two episodes from S5 last night, I forgot how sad Lane's suicide was.

Tenks

I'm glad we shouldn't have emo self-pity Don this season. I hated that. I need to see Don getting hammered and slaying pelt.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database