Mafia 2

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Damn, how awesome is this game? Hands down the best gangster game of all time. I'm looking forward to Mafia 3 which is set in Louisiana.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I think I played around 80% of Mafia 1 and then got caught in some sort of crash loop that was never fixed. I'd forgotten Mafia 2 existed, I'll put it on the list. But does Mafia 2 bore you to death by making you drive everywhere? I'm playing Sleeping Dogs now and being able to take a taxi to skip the boring driving is a huge plus. It's probably the best game of the genre I've played.

Not long ago I tried GTA 4 and deleted that pile of crap within a few hours. Most overrated game of all time. Shitty fighting, shitty shooting, shitty driving (what's with that fucking camera?), bad performance, and a dumb thug for a main character. I didn't like anything about it.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Mafia 2's story is much more compelling and doesn't include a bunch of repetitive side quests and mini-games. There's a lot of detail in each district as well so it never feels like you're exploring the same areas over and over.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I thought Mafia 1 was a pretty damn good game for it's time. The driving somewhat sucked, but the storyline was great.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Mafia 2 was Deus Ex: Invisible War levels of disappointment.
Not sure what you're smoking, but Mafia 2 is one of my top games of all time. I loved 1, but 2 is even better. I just love the whole gangster era setting and characters were amazing. Next best thing to western set games. Anyways, yes there were a few slower parts like the Chinatown section, but other than that the game was gold and easily better than Sleeping Dogs even (which was good as well). Also I agree GTA4 was garbage.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Only problem with Mafia 2 was when they cut out 25% of it's content (which was already completed) and sold it as DLC.

Great game. Isn't a lot of driving although there is always going to be some. Some terrific acting and hilarious memorable characters and some grit. The drunk scene is hilarious. Problem is, when
Vito is thrown in the joint, you were supposed to play all of Joe's missions during this time to make the story more comprehensive, cutting back and forth once in a while to what was actually played out in the real game

The fact that Take Two did this will heavily verify we should pirate the crap out of their next game based on principle.

With that said, without Daniel Varva you can pretty much kiss a chance of Mafia 3 being any good, goodbye ;(