Mafia Trilogy

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider

May 19th they will give the full info. I hate these announcements of a announcement.

SUPER excited about this though. They are remaking Mafia 1 from the ground up if the leaks are true, and giving mafia 2 the remaster treatment. Rumor is a Aug 28th release date from a now taken down microsoft page for the game.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Usually not a big fan of remakes, but so many people missed out on Mafia 1, feel like it deserves a chance to show a wider audience how incredible it was.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i still run through Mafia every few years. great game, i used to skin car mods for it.

• 1Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I never knew this, but the director for Mafia 1 & 2 was Daniel Vavra, the dude who did Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Now Mafia 3 makes more sense.

• 1Truth!

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Mafia 1 is getting a complete remake (out in august) while Mafia 2 and 3 have gotten remasters with 4k textures and they are out now. If you have Mafia 2 or 3 from before, you should get the remastered versions for free. If they don't show up in your library, you can go to the store page and the button should say "play" instead of "buy" and it will add the new version to your library.

• 1Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mafia 1 is getting a complete remake (out in august) while Mafia 2 and 3 have gotten remasters with 4k textures and they are out now. If you have Mafia 2 or 3 from before, you should get the remastered versions for free. If they don't show up in your library, you can go to the store page and the button should say "play" instead of "buy" and it will add the new version to your library.

That's awesome! I need to play through Mafia 2 again anyway.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Welp, surprise! Mafia 2 Definitive is now LIVE on Steam and those who had the classic can now download it :)

Dont mind if I do :)

Oops sorry just saw I am a day late lol :)

• 1Worf

Raskoljnikov

Lord Nagafen Raider
As much as I'm happy that us who already had Mafia 2 and 3 got new version for free, I really hope Hangar 13 won't screw up Mafia 1 remake.

spronk

FPS noob
lot of bugs being noticed in mafia 2 remaster but hopefully it gets fixed. definitely looks better

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I never played any of these games. Is it worth waiting for the #1 remake before diving into #2 and #3? Or should I just go ahead and start with the remasters?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I never played any of these games. Is it worth waiting for the #1 remake before diving into #2 and #3? Or should I just go ahead and start with the remasters?

Definitely wait for Mafia 1 remake, then play 2. You'll know why around Mid-Way through 2 :)

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I haven't bothered to install it yet since the Mafia 2 remaster sounds a bit undercooked with plenty of bugs/glitches in need of a patch, but from what I'm reading they didn't mess with the source material much.

Still don't like the idea of Hangar 13 jackasses having their filthy claws in the original Mafia, especially in light of the "expanded story" which makes me think of what Beamdog did to Baldur's Gate. It's rather sad that the thought of having actual Americans rewrite dialogue originally done by Czechs, in a game about the US mafia, is a cause for alarm. From what I understand though, the Mafia 2 remaster was handled by whatever is left of 2K Czech, so maybe there is some hope if they are handling Mafia too.

I also wonder if they'll leave in the strict traffic law enforcement from the original... I feel like today's audience would completely lose their shit over a "feature" like that.

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Getting pulled over for going 1mph over the speed limit in the first game was obnoxious even at release. Other than that, I have nothing but good memories of mafia 1 and 2. Reminds me that even the shameless GTA clone Godfather game was good too.

spronk

FPS noob
haha apparently the "remaster" of mafia 3 fucked up on consoles, and downgraded textures below 1080p or something

mafia 3 was actually not too bad, it became a huge ubisoft-type slog/drag after 15 hours with constant "go here, capture warehouse, rinse repeat 60 times" just to add extra hours to the game but the core story itself was pretty interesting and good.

Its definitely a series worth playing through imo but i'd just wait until mafia 1 is out and they iron out the insane number of bugs in mafia 2 and 3 they introduced.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone pick this up? I'm fairly tempted but not convinced to grab it quite yet

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Anyone pick this up? I'm fairly tempted but not convinced to grab it quite yet

If you've never experienced the stories of 1 and 2 it would be worth it. Don't know much about 3. Even if you just played the first two it would likely be worth it.

I just finished the Mafia I DE on PC yesterday and it was a great experience, now not only does the story carry the game but the graphics do too. Started Mafia II DE and it was a little jarring at first because gameplay wise it plays like its original release in 2010, which is not as clean or intuitive as the Mafia I remaster. Though I've always liked Mafia II a little more than the first. No idea about Mafia III. I bought it when it released, played for a few hours and felt like it was empty compared to the first 2 games. Might give it a try again after Mafia II DE.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
mafia 3 is pretty good if the idea of playing as a huge black dude who experiences racism in 1960s Louisana doesn't trigger you. I really enjoyed the story, the biggest issue is after about 6-7 hours there is another 10 hours or so of just asstastic, grindy missions ala Ubisoft (Far Cry, Assassins Creed, etc) where you just have to go to an outpost, clear it out killing everyone, pick up some intel, report back, rinse and repeat over and over and over. Its bizarre. But the story and characters are great, the DLCs also are really fantastic and super varied and fun.

I saw a few hours of Mafia 1 on stream, it looks great and seems to play really well. There is the old "sim realism" stuff that was semi popular for a while in the early 2000s, like if you drive too fast the cops will stop you, if you get into an accident cops chase you, etc.

I'd honestly just wait until black friday though, the mafia trilogy is $60 and includes all three games and i'm 90% sure that will be $25-30 digitally on black friday.

the soundtrack for mafia 3 is FANTASTIC