Magic: Legends

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Pay2win shit storm confirmed

j2a8v61zxpc51.png

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Not unexpected. This looks like a mobile game, so it should be like a mobile game. P2W is expected at that point.

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
Don't you pay for stash upgrades in Path of Exile? Isn't this game also free? Why is this going to be received differently?

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Path of Exile devs have shown competency in their one game, Perfect World has failed to show competency in their 50 games.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Open Beta starting March 23rd

Word on the street is that this game is absolute garbage and completely unplayable... we shall see.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider

Word on the street is that this game is absolute garbage and completely unplayable... we shall see.

I can't say that statement is a valid one due to a NDA, I can say that if I had the beta for the game, I might have played for a night then uninstalled it as it was so bad.

It might have been the bad controls, UI layout, just magic/combat system or just the whole overall game felt bad to play. Or so I've heard.

STAY AWAY.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

They reskinned Diablo 3 in 2021.

The random ability thing is faithful to MTG but feels like it's going to be super annoying... like MTG.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
The videos look a lot better than the game played when I tried it. Hopefully they polished it up...I don’t think the ideas are that bad.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Open beta today at 10am Pacific time. There are a few streams going on right now if you want to check it out before downloading anything.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
While I'm looking forward to trying this myself, initial reports don't seem to be overtly enthusiastic about it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ive been watching SOLIDFPS stream this last night and yeah, loos weak as fuck. Like no fucking loot! Who the fuck makes a ARPG with no loot?

Also this looks to be like pay to win as well. I guess you can buy cards and decks from shop which does not bode well either. Game play wise it also loos weak as fuck too. Hard pass on this one.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah once i saw it's just a card game disguised as an ARPG with pay 2 win MTX's i instantly lost interest lol
shame because the gameplay looked pretty decent

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah fuck these predatory games like Genshin and this one. I refuse to play anything with a p2w cash shop, and you all should do the same for the sake of gaming future. Teach these assholes to keep that predatory shit out of our games.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
There is loot, it's just not very apparent, and not voluminous by ARPG standards. I liked it enough to pay for the battle pass and am going to sink some time into it, but it feels off. And yeah, has all the millions of currencies and 'card pack' loot boxe(s) going on that they have in their other games.

1616522481990.png

My biggest annoyance is how it handles ultrawides, they crop everything and zoom in further than if you were playing at a standard resolution.

I like the deck system and leveling up cards is nice, if you can get past the obvious mobile inspiration for a lot of those systems. Seamlessly switching between m/kb and controller UI is nice too.

Coming off of playing through Godfall maybe my standards for fun are kinda low at the moment ;)

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You want loot? There's ton to spare, you just have to come pick it up yourself.

1616523795893.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

No recognisable MTG locations or enemies. Again. What's the point?

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
PoE’s loot is pretty dumb honestly. Bullshit everywhere that requires a fucking filter to sort it. That’s not good design.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
PoE’s loot is pretty dumb honestly. Bullshit everywhere that requires a fucking filter to sort it. That’s not good design.
Indeed. A problem the devs have explicitly acknowledged yet have done nothing but worsen in the years since.

Here's the real kicker: filtering out the loot doesn't effectively solve the problem. Beyond the obvious issue that the game has to generate each piece of loot and draw its 3D model, each piece of loot talks back to the server every second with a keep alive. On top of that, you get a *serious* performance boost(in juiced delirious maps) by running TWO loot filters. One loot filter to tell the game don't even do the fancy nameplate coloring and highlighting on these items, and then another filter to hide items you might be interested in but not usually.

Optimized my ass.

Xevy

Log Wizard
PoE has been working on "smart loot" for the last like 3 expansions so they can cut down the number of total drops.

This game I can't even fucking log in and reset my password twice thinking I was crazy, but I'm not. Not only that but it IP blocks you after X # of failed logins. Only for 10 minutes, but something is fucked.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I would consider smart loot progress towards a solution once it's actually implemented such a way. For now, they're bylines in Heist and Ritual, and drops in neither ironically.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users