Magic: Legends

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I got my mind mage to 30.
then, upgraded to unlock another class. did geomancer. don't like it as much.

hitting plainswalker level 43 or so.

Also, finished each zones story. it just ends. theres no boss fight, nothing. its incomplete.

Endgame then is, farming those zones for more mats. Running the special daily quest for each zone. Doing battlepass dialy/weekly.
you are farming planar mana, gold, and ether to upgrade your homebase.

You can turn up the difficulty on zones, and missions. They actually significantly upgrade difficulty.. and honestly fun a bit. Zone mods, and monsters spawn with rare mods, etc.
Honestly, this should have been a thing earlier in the game. I was a bit burned out, by the time this occurred though..

I was still periodically getting new spells. it does have a very impressive catalog of skills.

Hard to beat free.
I don't feel I hit pay to win mechanics. the mat farming is little different from poe currency/delve farming. it is less visceral admittedly. no super cool item drops, vs just incremental planar mana gain.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's over.

1624994217791.png

• 1Rimshot
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Matt Leblanc Reaction GIF

Their IP needs to be tied to something better so kudos to them for admitting defeat. It was just now well executed. It should have and could have been better. It also is in a genre of giants too so getting it wrong just won't work long term. I hope to see something of MTG in the future.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I keep saying this, of all IPs, MTG has the most potential for an MMO.

They have the way expansions work baked into the core game lore, just teleport to another plane.

They have multiple races, including original to the IP ones, and multiple unique settings and storylines.

They can make a really unique class system where you can mix and match different spells from different colours.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Didn't even make it out of beta? What a Legend

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Game was garbage. Clearly made with mobile in mind first and pc as an afterthought, that is never going to fly with pc gamers.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It was an absolute shitshow so kudos to then for realizing that this was not something they could iron out with some more months of work.

I do wonder, however, what they were thinking when they came up with the core premise? The floaty responsiveness, bad character art, etc could be fixed but the underlying concept of an ARPG where you have randomized abilities is just bizarre. It would appeal to a Venn diagram intersection of Slay the Spire speedrunners and bullet-hell enthusiast, but I have a feeling that is a very very small set.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It was an absolute shitshow so kudos to then for realizing that this was not something they could iron out with some more months of work.

I do wonder, however, what they were thinking when they came up with the core premise? The floaty responsiveness, bad character art, etc could be fixed but the underlying concept of an ARPG where you have randomized abilities is just bizarre. It would appeal to a Venn diagram intersection of Slay the Spire speedrunners and bullet-hell enthusiast, but I have a feeling that is a very very small set.
It's weird that what they took from MTG was randomised spells and then they had generic art/enemies/setting.

Maybe characters can have 7 spells and there's a coloured mana resource system to have some inspiration from MTG, but they shouldn't have random abilities.

Having loot take inspiration from the randomness would be more fitting.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Or, I dunno, make an action RPG where you build your character abilities by combining skills / passives from different trees associated with the different mana colors.

Balance would be an issue for sure, but it could also just be a hoot to see 61 point Blue compared to 31 Blue 30 Black etc

Chris

Potato del Grande
They have nearly 4 decades of artwork to pick from, and this is what they came up with?

Amazing.
From what I saw, the whole thing made minimal use of the MTG IP.

Yeah I can't wait to fight cultists, skeletons and zombies just like Diablo 3.