Making Home Insurance Companies Pay for Damages

zemus

Trakanon Raider
Update - I have just discovered a larger issue. There is a problem with the foundation. It's a concrete slab that has a small crack in it (less than 1mm probably), however the brick above the foundation is also cracked going up about 2 feet vertically and has about an inch of separation in the largest area of the crack. It's also caused the windowsill at the top of the house to become separated from the brick by about 1 inch as well.

I think this is most likely due to the tenant not watering the foundation. After they moved out and I went to the house to inspect it the sprinkler system was turned off, probably for a very long time. The neighbors I am friends with also said they never saw the tenants watering which supports this theory.

So how can I get the insurance company to pay for that? :cool:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Update - I have just discovered a larger issue. There is a problem with the foundation. It's a concrete slab that has a small crack in it (less than 1mm probably), however the brick above the foundation is also cracked going up about 2 feet vertically and has about an inch of separation in the largest area of the crack. It's also caused the windowsill at the top of the house to become separated from the brick by about 1 inch as well.

I think this is most likely due to the tenant not watering the foundation. After they moved out and I went to the house to inspect it the sprinkler system was turned off, probably for a very long time. The neighbors I am friends with also said they never saw the tenants watering which supports this theory.

So how can I get the insurance company to pay for that? :cool:
is the house new? sounds like "settling"