Man creates own credit card and sues bank for breaking the terms

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
"When Dmitry Argarkov was sent a letter offering him a credit card, he found the rates not to his liking. But he didn't throw the contract away or shred it. Instead, the 42-year-old from Voronezh, Russia, scanned it into his computer, altered the terms and sent it back to Tinkoff Credit Systems.

Mr Argarkov's version of the contract contained a 0pc interest rate, no fees and no credit limit. Every time the bank failed to comply with the rules, he would fine them 3m rubles (?58,716). If Tinkoff tried to cancel the contract, it would have to pay him 6m rubles.

Tinkoff apparently failed to read the amendments, signed the contract and sent Mr Argakov a credit card...."

Rest at link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...-to-terms.html

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
As awesome as I think that is, and wish it would stand, I can't see how it's not fraud.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
As awesome as I think that is, and wish it would stand, I can't see how it's not fraud.
I would think its fraud only if he used their letterhead or otherwise represented it as their original application/contract. Think I'm gonna draft up my own a s start sending it to banks just for the Lols

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Yeah, if he was more clever he would alter the logo and business name (even to change it to his name), re-word it sohewas making an offer tothem("I've signed it already, you're pre-approved!"), and then reap the rewards.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Yea this actually isn't an unheard of thing. We've had parties to very sophisticated contracts try to slip changes in under the radar in the last revisions, even send us a new execution copy to sign "because the other one got lost" or some such nonsense. We are always very careful to diff the contracts and scrutinize any changes.

To prevent this in the future they should scan and checksum the contact's OCR's contents or something. That'd prevent any changes from slipping through.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
This is fraud in every sense of the word. Enjoy prison "clever" Russian guy.
Keep in mind this is actually in Russia I think so the terms fraud and contract might have somewhat different meanings
smile.png

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
This is fraud in every sense of the word. Enjoy prison "clever" Russian guy.
The first judgement has in fact gone in his favour, but both parties are still continuing to sue each other.

If you are going to try this, then you should make it very clear that you have modified the contract, and where you have modified it, before you return it. That way it becomes much more difficult for them to claim fraud; but even if a bank did sign such a contract it could probably wriggle out of an "unreasonable" contract where the lawyers would earn their money defining "unreasonable".

And even if you won, I doubt you'll find many banks wanting your business in future...

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I would think its fraud only if he used their letterhead or otherwise represented it as their original application/contract. Think I'm gonna draft up my own a s start sending it to banks just for the Lols
It *sounds* like he did exactly this, which is why I think it would be fraud.

iannis

Musty Nester
It's not really fraud at all, it's official grown up smart-assery. Hell, they might even give him money to just shut up. That court case can't be good for their business.

And Putin should make this man assistant to the minister of finance.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Few things on this planet can be as destructive as creative accountants.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow....Can we ban this person and delete this reply? Amazing that this site has reached advertisers of a non gaming market.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
avmath_sl said:
I was amazed by what he did that is very impressive. There are plenty of charge cards offer rewards to those who run up debt by spending more. The new BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards card, however, rewards users when the pay their bills promptly and when they pay more than their SHIT WEBSITE HERE.
This is a very anti shill website, this post has only been up for a few hours during the night and was reported 5 times, lol.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
It occurred to me, but I was trying to think of something more menacing and failing. So, crowdsourcing.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
In Soviet Russia, you go to gulag and never see family again.

Am I doing it right?!